• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I think he's only going until he loses 200 or gains 1000. Not lose 1000. Still wtf lol.

EDIT: Wait wut are u doing Bomber. This sounds like a terrible idea lol.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
but that still doesnt make it a good idea at all.

i mean no offense at all, but as far as i understand you're not that great at smash. and the people who took those matches are well known texas players. so in the end it seems like you're basically giving away $1000. seems like if you were going to do that you would give it to smash con instead of individual players from other states. is this the biggest troll ever? why would you do this?

Honestly he stands a chance in winning a good amount of money as long as he trains and stay sharp. Remember anybody is beatable and nobody is unbeatable especially in brawl. I wouldnt look at it like that and I wouldnt call it giving away 1000$ cause his risk is just as much as his gain so it evens out at the end of the day. Imagine if he beats 5 people at whobo he wins 1000$ and he didnt even have to fight all those people in tournament. Its not hard just have to be on your A-game and stay solid. Ive done exactly what he is doing when I use to go to evo and other tournaments. Show up to the tournament and money match everyone so I know exactly were he is coming from. Bomber knows what he is doing and I see were he is going with this thats why I booked him those matches. Nobody knows what will happen until everyone gets there and then we will see who came to win and who came to lose!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Bomber said he will play until he loses or gains 1000$. Meaning if he wins some of the money matches, more people get a shot at him until he wins or loses 5. The former will result in one final 1000 dollar money match that I can't imagine anyone would accept if he has just beaten the some of the best players in attendance.

To be quite honest, if Bomber isn't trolling, I'm 90% sure none of his opponents have 200 dollars to risk in a money match.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I cant speak for NickRiddle and Esam (If he comes) but Pj, Xryo and Player 4 have there money and there set and ready to go. If NickRiddle and Esam (If he comes) dont have the money they will be swapped out for replacement opponents and I already have them on standby. When I handle matches like this Im 100% serious about it so trust me when I say I will get your money covered. Ive been in involved in money matches were the stakes were as high as 26,000$ and 50,000$ 1st to 15 sets so I will give this money match the same treatment. I will be talking to Clash tomorrow about streaming and commentators. We are going to turn this into a mega event. The whole venue will probably be watching this cause im putting it on projector! I just want Louisiana to come and support Bomber...

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Honestly he stands a chance in winning a good amount of money as long as he trains and stay sharp. Remember anybody is beatable and nobody is unbeatable especially in brawl. I wouldnt look at it like that and I wouldnt call it giving away 1000$ cause his risk is just as much as his gain so it evens out at the end of the day. Imagine if he beats 5 people at whobo he wins 1000$ and he didnt even have to fight all those people in tournament. Its not hard just have to be on your A-game and stay solid. Ive done exactly what he is doing when I use to go to evo and other tournaments. Show up to the tournament and money match everyone so I know exactly were he is coming from. Bomber knows what he is doing and I see were he is going with this thats why I booked him those matches. Nobody knows what will happen until everyone gets there and then we will see who came to win and who came to lose!
I don't know you. I've probably never met you and I don't know your opinions on competitive gaming or competition in general, nor do I know your state of mind when you wrote this. That being said, with all due respect, and I'm trying to be as nice as I can here, you're either an imbecile or the most optimistic person in history. "It's not hard just have to be on your A-game and stay solid"? That's not how fighting games work.
That's not how any competition works.

Edit: And as to the people involved: ****ing unbelievable.

D

Deleted member

i have a feeling this whole thing is a troll for hype, devised by only bomber or bomber with texas players. but if it isn't, then its just silly. im pretty damn good at melee. pretty good at fighting games in general. that being said, i cant go up against mango next week after training every day and just be like "if i try my hardest, i have an even chance of winning!" it's just not how things work. im also not saying that a worse player can never overcome a better player, but going from mid tier to top tier in a month just doesnt happen, no matter how much you hope. your response makes me think you are in on the troll, or you are trying to make sure bomber doesnt back out by giving him false hope. doesnt mean too much to me in generally but this whole thing just confuses me.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
i have a feeling this whole thing is a troll for hype, devised by only bomber or bomber with texas players. but if it isn't, then its just silly. im pretty damn good at melee. pretty good at fighting games in general. that being said, i cant go up against mango next week after training every day and just be like "if i try my hardest, i have an even chance of winning!" it's just not how things work. im also not saying that a worse player can never overcome a better player, but going from mid tier to top tier in a month just doesnt happen, no matter how much you hope. your response makes me think you are in on the troll, or you are trying to make sure bomber doesnt back out by giving him false hope. doesnt mean too much to me in generally but this whole thing just confuses me.
None of those players are m2k so why doesnt he have a chance in winning? Seriously there regular players like anybody else so why is that so confusing.

I don't know you. I've probably never met you and I don't know your opinions on competitive gaming or competition in general, nor do I know your state of mind when you wrote this. That being said, with all due respect, and I'm trying to be as nice as I can here, you're either an imbecile or the most optimistic person in history. "It's not hard just have to be on your A-game and stay solid"? That's not how fighting games work.
That's not how any competition works.

Edit: And as to the people involved: ****ing unbelievable.

You sure about that? Ive been running tournaments for 7 years and competing so how dont I know what Im talking about. Hmmm like my homeboy didnt make 26,000$ in 30 minutes playing mvc2 in his money match but im an imbecile. I guess i wasnt smart enough to tell him to bring his A game and stay solid huh. LMAO! I wonder were all this came from. I guess thats not how competition works.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Other fighting game communities play for alot more than this as AirBrushKing said. The matter here is that its just unheard of for a Smasher to be that confident for that amount of money.

Although to be honest, only 1 of the 5 people that accepted his challenge is considered "top".

D

Deleted member

as far as i understand, and once again i mean no offense (and i could be wrong), bomber isnt that good at brawl. me vs mango is not like saying bomber vs m2k. i imagine me vs mango is closer in relation to bomber vs a PR player of another state, whether or not they are considered "top." but either way im over it. if its a troll, good job guys you created mad hype. you can pass money around and then give it back later. if its not a troll then good luck and have fun.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Very true tesh and that top player is not even 100% confirmed so he might match up with somebody else. As far as trolling I dont think bomber is doing that cause he sees opportunity. When I went to Ohio with my homeboy and he made 26,000$ in 30 mins in his money match we seen "opportunity" that is why we went. We knew going into this that we would make alot of money and we did. If there is money to be made in money matching why not? It only makes sense for him to be confident going into this cause Im sure he is not looking to give away money when he comes. He looks to make money not lose it!

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
None of those players are m2k so why doesnt he have a chance in winning? Seriously there regular players like anybody else so why is that so confusing.

You sure about that? Ive been running tournaments for 7 years and competing so how dont I know what Im talking about. Hmmm like my homeboy didnt make 26,000$ in 30 minutes playing mvc2 in his money match but im an imbecile. I guess i wasnt smart enough to tell him to bring his A game and stay solid huh. LMAO! I wonder were all this came from. I guess thats not how competition works.

First off, nobody said those players were M2K, but M2K ain't the only good Brawl player. I can't speak for Xyro (since he's a low tier hero) or P4 (since I'm not as familiar with his play), but unless the other three have stopped playing altogether, or Bomber has found the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak (no offense Bomber), the odds are not good. Like, not Michigan vs Appalachian St, which is what you're making it sound like, but Michigan vs Catholic High School of Baton Rouge, unless something changed dramatically. In that case, and everyone can read it here, I completely apologize to all parties involved, including those reading this. I'm not sure how the MM itself works, but I'd go as far as saying I wouldn't bet on JNig against ESAM and NickRiddle (no offense to Justin either, just I wouldn't take that bet).

Second, in response to that video, I have nothing in which to reference it. Were the money matches between players with similar skill levels? Really good players? Really bad players? A video of two players I've never heard of means nothing, and a video of a bunch of money means even less.

Tesh

Smash Hero
as far as i understand, and once again i mean no offense (and i could be wrong), bomber isnt that good at brawl. me vs mango is not like saying bomber vs m2k. i imagine me vs mango is closer in relation to bomber vs a PR player of another state, whether or not they are considered "top." but either way im over it. if its a troll, good job guys you created mad hype. you can pass money around and then give it back later. if its not a troll then good luck and have fun.
i think its crazy too, but making that jump from mid to high level is not the same as high to top. the only person playing him with a really bad matchup is a player retired for 2-3 years already,

for these reasons i also think its kind of crazy for these people to accept the money match, i figured 5 of the best players would jump on it, then bomber would back out and be like "lol trolling"

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
All that being said, I'm pulling for Bomber to win $1000.

First off, nobody said those players were M2K, but M2K ain't the only good Brawl player. I can't speak for Xyro (since he's a low tier hero) or P4 (since I'm not as familiar with his play), but unless the other three have stopped playing altogether, or Bomber has found the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak (no offense Bomber), the odds are not good. Like, not Michigan vs Appalachian St, which is what you're making it sound like, but Michigan vs Catholic High School of Baton Rouge, unless something changed dramatically. In that case, and everyone can read it here, I completely apologize to all parties involved, including those reading this. I'm not sure how the MM itself works, but I'd go as far as saying I wouldn't bet on JNig against ESAM and NickRiddle (no offense to Justin either, just I wouldn't take that bet).

Second, in response to that video, I have nothing in which to reference it. Were the money matches between players with similar skill levels? Really good players? Really bad players? A video of two players I've never heard of means nothing, and a video of a bunch of money means even less.

I posted the video to let you know that anything is possible so lets leave it at that and glad your supporting bomber in his 1000$ money match. Dont know how many of you are coming but it would be tight if all of you came to support him. Im sure he would appreciate it!

D

Deleted member

bomber already said that was not the case. confirmed by erick that he doesnt have access to smashcon funds. making me think more so that the whole thing is a troll

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
It's a real pain to post in this thread.

Chinese Inn this weekend. Please show up guys. Can it be edited into the thread title?

I'm from BR.

I'm getting better at DDR!
I'll be there, hopefully with more of north LA. BR tournaments are MUCH more manageable for north LA to attend. We should make BR tournaments the one we all actually go to. I'm considering going to the Sunday tourney as well, but it depends on who rides with me.

BSP

Smash Legend
ESAM: won the last Whobo
PJ: I think top 17 at the last Whobo
NR: beat Jnig at the last Whobo
P4: mains TL's hardest MU

It seems like an $800 donation to me. Xyro is a toss up, maybe P4 too.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
$1000 a lot of monies. You could throw that in a savings account for your future bro. Don't waste it on a game. Or play poker and triple it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
ESAM: won the last Whobo
PJ: I think top 17 at the last Whobo
NR: beat Jnig at the last Whobo
P4: mains TL's hardest MU

It seems like a $800 donation to me. Xyro is a toss up, maybe P4 too.
I've beaten 3/5 of those people and I'm not even good.

Like honestly if I were in his shoes, I'd probably win at least 3 of those first 5 matches.

I still think its bogus, I just prefer to play devil's advocate.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
I think this is ******** lol. Bomber has a 0% chance of beating ANY of those players. Like, I would be VERY surprised if he didn't get 2 stocked by ALL of them. Idk what he's thinking...it just isnt realistic.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
One of my best MUs is toonlink. ive beat every toonlink except jash because ive never played him. on top of that, no TLs except pj have samus exp.

is Bomber literally went up to lee martin and said "use toonlink/samus/pikachu/zs/mk on me for 1 month" he would walk out with some money come whobo.

if not, when he gets to whobo he should attack the weakest of the players first (to build confidence/money) and then move on to the tough guys.

if he did that it would go:

1. me (i main samus lololololololol)
2. p4 (mk)
3. pj (tl)
4. Nick riddle (zs)
5. esam (pikabich)

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I have complete faith in Bomber vs P4. Xyro and PJ are huge maybes. ESAM and Nick on the other hand...

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Bomber, I hope you use these doubters as fuel to get better. Just hyperbolic time chamber the next month, and you'll be fine.

Oh, and I posted on the Open World facebook page, feel free to comment/troll any responses on it.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
oh elvis nicknyte thompson. USA's biggest fraud since 2007
This has nothing to do with your post, but I want your attention. I'm thinking about making it to BR for Tha Shrimp 002, but I would definitely need housing. I'm trying to see if I can get Wiggins or Roger to come with me to cut down on my costs and so Shreveport can actually get involved for once. I need some practice before WHOBO.

D

Deleted member

it is wednesday the 14th. i still havent made the thread. been trying to quit smoking and it take over my mind and makes me a crazy zombie

Top Bottom