• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

PortCity

Smash Ace
***** i was running real tournaments in the mall in 2004 while you were playing with nubs in college.

Ummm...it wasn't a college tourney. I forgot the name of the place, but it was off of Arcadia I think. It was a place where all the Marvel players used to hang out at. Besides I was just teasing when I said before he was born. :-P Anyways, I don't remember any Smash tournaments in the Mall in 2004.

PortCity

Smash Ace
:) My bad... "Acadian" is what I meant to say, but I was WAY wrong anyway. The place used to be at the intersection of Highland and West Lee Drive (College Drive).

Savon

Smash Ace
Sudai spittin dat mad truth.

Also time for a LA thread rant.

I went to the mall today with my mom and brother to get some stuff. We ended up going into target as well. Because of a favor I did for her she said she would either buy me Pokemon Black version, or get a new router extending the range of the internet in the house so that I can play ps3 online while in my room.
About 2 months ago she moved the internet for our wi-fi out of my room and into the back of the house. That is as far away from my room as it can be. The stupid part is that my moms room and my brothers room are both right next to mine, so ...if they use the laptops in their rooms the connection suck for EVERYBODY. The stupid part is that I have to use the back TV to get online for my playstation, but my mom is always back there and *****es because she does not want to hear my play games online.

I still play in the back when I wanna get online, but her logic is terrible. She said that she moved it because all I did was play my ps3 online all day. The part that starts to really piss me off is that 1. That is simply not true. 2. I have many other hobbies that cunsume my leisure time such as reading and debate. 3. She is totally being biased towards my gaming hobby. All she does is watch TV all day, and all my brother does is text on his phone all day, but nobody is getting any flak for THAT. I hate how much of a hypocrite she is and how she picks and chooses what hobbies she does not like for me to have.

I turned down the router because I knew she would use this as a reason to try and see how much I play online and use it as a new excuse to ***** at me if I am not doing something that she wants me to do. Texting and sitting on the phone all day is perfectly fine, but if I play Black Ops or MvC it is suddenly a problem.

The only silver lining is that Pokemon Black is fun as hell.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
a wifi repeater. to strengthen the signal so that it reaches the whole house.

Curlz

Smash Lord
You moved out from home? I thought you hadn't graduated Highschool yet?
I'm moving into an apartment closer to my school. No biggie.

Edit: My step-dad got relocated to FL for his job and I don't want to go with the family when they move, so I'm moving out so I can stay in Lafayette. I'm now actually in the city of Lafayette and can now offer reliable housing for tournies. So yeah.

BSP

Smash Legend
I still play in the back when I wanna get online, but her logic is terrible. She said that she moved it because all I did was play my ps3 online all day. The part that starts to really piss me off is that 1. That is simply not true. 2. I have many other hobbies that cunsume my leisure time such as reading and debate. 3. She is totally being biased towards my gaming hobby. All she does is watch TV all day, and all my brother does is text on his phone all day, but nobody is getting any flak for THAT. I hate how much of a hypocrite she is and how she picks and chooses what hobbies she does not like for me to have.

The only silver lining is that Pokemon Black is fun as hell.
Story of my life, and I agree, Gen 5 is pretty badass

_D._

Smash Apprentice
**** I don't want to die in pools, hope we are going to play a ****load of friendlies before the tourney.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Worrying and practicing gonna make you choke.

Not necessarily practicing, but just chill you'll do fine dface

BSP

Smash Legend
the highest most likely.

I would guess you're going to see the whole range

BTW facey are your parents cool with this? Or is this behind their back? ;P

_D._

Smash Apprentice
yea my mom is cool with it I guess bc I told her ahead of time this go round

Curlz

Smash Lord
Whobo pools are the easiest out of any National or at least they were last year. Batto managed to make it out of pools by going Mario. The main bracket is hard as **** though.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Whobo pools are the easiest out of any National or at least they were last year. Batto managed to make it out of pools by going Mario. The main bracket is hard as **** though.
Next time I see batto that's a high five

BSP

Smash Legend
yea my mom is cool with it I guess bc I told her ahead of time this go round
I have to get your mom to talk with my mom about tournaments again. Tell me when you plan on going to anymore, she'd probably be more comfortable if I went with you.

P.S. i hate you atm. Make sure you don't roll predictably. Rolling isn't bad when you use it right, but you're going to get punished if you spam it.

And play as many people as possible so you won't be a nobody like me.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i hope im in pools with Lee. or play him first round of the bracket.

that way i can be the one to take him down.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
I got you bsp and speaking of upcoming tournaments whos going to nom for sure, if so can I get in the carpol please

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm done with my mom not taking smash seriously. I know I shouldn't really expect her to, but talking hasn't worked, at all. I've tried to talk to her in the most mature way possible, and all I get is the sarcastic, "go ahead, I don't care (lol)"

Well, I'm going to put that to the test. I would just act just as annoying as she is to me at this point when it comes to smash, but that'll screw me over in other areas (the joys of being a kid)

So instead of whining, I'm going to make the plans, and just tell her. If she's really against, she'll actually take me seriously and stop me, and I might get some serious talk in.

Ok, tournaments that might be worth the drive:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299160 - M2K and Reflex atm, worth it IMO

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296882 - I bet this will be big. We should get a pool to it.

I think mentioning it early and over time is the best strategy. Will anyone be willing to Carpool? We don't have to set anything in stone yet...I just want to make sure I'd have a ride there.

Or if anyone is planning to go OoS, just let me know. Sitting here moping won't get me anywhere. It's time to take action.

Top Bottom