• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSP

Smash Legend
BSP you are a Sonic main. You should freaking be in love with Picto.
It's still not fair though. Besides, Sonic's not the only one who can abuse the stage either.

Instead of relying on a stage that can give random rewards, I should focus on not getting hit in the first place so I won't have to CP.

ChKn

Smash Ace
BSP going in hard to get Picto gone. Too bad AlphaZealot and the other TOs have to agree with you to get rid of it.

PortCity

Smash Ace
What's up my fellow Louisianian Brawl players! Is anyone in the Baton Rouge area going to WHOBO and looking for practice the Wednesday/Thursday before?

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I think instead of complaining about stage abuse, we should leave it. It's a counterpick stage for that particular reason. The whole random rewards thing and not get hit arguments can be essentially used for anything. Many different characters can abuse certain stages, which is why they use them for counterpicks.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I think instead of complaining about stage abuse, we should leave it. It's a counterpick stage for that particular reason. The whole random rewards thing and not get hit arguments can be essentially used for anything. Many different characters can abuse certain stages, which is why they use them for counterpicks.
It used to be that any stage that had the potential to damage a player would be insta-banned. That's the way it was done with melee. There's an extent to which a stage should be allowed to be abused, you know this. There's several chars that would be able to camp very well on Hyrule temple, or infinite people off stages like eldin and g&w stage, but those advantages are too great to be legal. If people debated extents and degrees rather than throwing out their own understood "facts" then ruleset debates would go much smoother. It's not solely about Picto being random, it's about whether or not the extent of pictochat's randomness' ability to affect the player should be acceptable. That's how you destinguish between Picto's randomness vs. PS1/Halberd's randomness.

But I don't give a f!ck about brawl so whatever.

Savon

Smash Ace
Metaknight is also a drug dealing baby ****** republican tea party member taliban sympathizing anti-pot anti-video game anti mardi gras Dunsparce (The pokemon with the least cool points)

Yes this indeed means that MK=Dunsparce

It explains why Mk is so gay

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Metaknight is also a drug dealing baby ****** republican tea party member taliban sympathizing anti-pot anti-video game anti mardi gras Dunsparce (The pokemon with the least cool points)

Yes this indeed means that MK=Dunsparce

It explains why Mk is so gay
turn it upside down.

PortCity

Smash Ace
I guess it is safe to say, no one is going to WHOBO and no one in BR (South Louisiana) wants to meet up and play Wed or Thurs?

Turazrok

Smash Master
BSL and I are going to whobo, and live in br. However since I'm missing school to go, I don't have the time to practice with you.

-Ran

Smash Master
Total Posts in this thread vs days since first post here.
Sudai - 3,821 posts in 1837 days.
Curlz - 2,337 posts in 683 days.
-Ran - 1,828 posts in 745 days.
Battousai780 - 1,598 in 1678 days.
eet - 1,557 in 2064 days.
Turazrok - 1,450 in 544 days.
Cyphus - 1,375 in 2064 days.
VforExtreme - 1,302 in 531 days.
BSL - 1,240 in 379 days.
Arcadia - 1,214 in in 802 days.

I was bored.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@eet: Despite having won a melee tournament in baton rouge way before you were born :) (There used to be an arcade and lan center located near LSU campus back in 2004)...my melee skills are not up to par at all. I really wouldn't be of any help. Now Brawl is a completely different story.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
@eet: Despite having won a melee tournament in baton rouge way before you were born :) (There used to be an arcade and lan center located near LSU campus back in 2004)...my melee skills are not up to par at all. I really wouldn't be of any help. Now Brawl is a completely different story.
Lol. This guy.

Ran, how'd you find that? You tellin me I've been here 5 years and I don't have 1200 posts?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BSL - 1,240 in 379 days.

I was bored.
i had 428 on BSL, so i have had almost 1700 in here. in a/b 500 or so days.

BSP

Smash Legend
If the BRC doesn't ban Picto, we might as well keep it legal to prepare for the possibility when La. smashers go OoS.

Your call though Ran. If the La. community accepts the randomness Picto brings, keep it I guess. Not many people CP it anyway, but i hope it doesn't randomly decide a match anytime soon.

Any Chinese Inn coming up? Can we have one soon please?

_D._

Smash Apprentice
I hate pictochat and I'm a kirby player, sonic is so gay on that stage I would like to see it removed

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I hate all stages and I'm a brawl player, metaknight is so gay on those stages I would like to see them removed

Turazrok

Smash Master
I hate brawl and I'm a melee player, tripping is so gay period and I would like to see it removed.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
that's easily done, and has been. in fact, it's a part of LA's official codeset.

QQ more, ******.

Turazrok

Smash Master
that's easily done, and has been. in fact, it's a part of LA's official codeset.

QQ more, ******.
Win more?

Also even if it's part of our codeset the number of times it's actually been enforced is close to none.

How would you not notice that?

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I hate that they made fun-canceling so much easier in brawl. It used to take years to learn how to fun-cancel in melee.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
If the BRC doesn't ban Picto, we might as well keep it legal to prepare for the possibility when La. smashers go OoS.

Your call though Ran. If the La. community accepts the randomness Picto brings, keep it I guess. Not many people CP it anyway, but i hope it doesn't randomly decide a match anytime soon.

Any Chinese Inn coming up? Can we have one soon please?
We look forward to having one some time after WHOBO. This is midterm week and there's really a lot we have to do. Once everything is back to normal and settled again, we'll post it up.

D

Deleted member

***** i was running real tournaments in the mall in 2004 while you were playing with nubs in college.

D

Deleted member

BSL - 1,240 in 379 days.

I was bored.
double post for double quote.