• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

eet

Smash Ace
It's a Software design internship at some weird company no one has heard of. Basically debugging C# code that international banks use to determine if someone is eligible for a loan. Basically that guy from Office Space, cept I plan on just browsing Reddit half the day. 16/hr, though.

I can go in for the drug test any time between now and March 30th, which is when I'm supposed to start. Haven't gotten the piss yet, gonna walk around with substitution bottle by my balls for practice to get comfortable lol

And thanks, Nicknyte <3 Now get off my lawn.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok, one afternoon and two days left till school again for me.

Time to start homework lol

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I wanna make a video of Charlie Sheen saying "I have one gear... GO!" And then he throws a poke'ball and a Klingklang pops out and own's Ash's Pikachu. Ash asks why he's losing and Charlie Sheen says he has Tiger's blood. Ash then asks who Charlie Sheen is and he says "He's a total rock star from Mars." Yup.

It looks better in my head shoop.

Edit for content:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHip8Vkpt_0&feature=player_embedded

LOL

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
aaaaanyways guys, gimme yo feedback plz, who would be interested in coming up to Austin for a guaranteed huge Melee tourney?
The portion of the melee community in LA that would actually travel to a tournament doesn't post on this site. I honestly wish I could go, but I'm effectively immobile.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I wanna make a video of Charlie Sheen saying "I have one gear... GO!" And then he throws a poke'ball and a Klingklang pops out and own's Ash's Pikachu. Ash asks why he's losing and Charlie Sheen says he has Tiger's blood. Ash then asks who Charlie Sheen is and he says "He's a total rock star from Mars." Yup.

It looks better in my head shoop.

Edit for content:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHip8Vkpt_0&feature=player_embedded

LOL
do it.

also, vid's gone.

BSP

Smash Legend
We need to BAN pictochat from our tournaments. If you want to know why, go to the Pictochat thread in the stage discussion.

The stupidity has to stop.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Why is it this argument about chance ruining gameplay seems dumb to me?

Oh yes, tripping.

Sudai

Stuff here
Reduce randomness? Say good bye to PS1 as well. I've seen the windmill kill people as it spawns. Halberd should be banned too. "But the projectiles are easy to avoid~" But there are safe zones all over pictochat that -won't- randomly blow up. ****, I've even seen the randomness of the FlyGuy spawns killing someone (extra hitlag+extended hurtbox anyone?). Why don't the brawl players just make it BF+FD only yet? It seems like that's what they're trending towards.

Disclaimer: No I didn't go to the picto thread so stfu. All your counterarguments are invalid!

BSP

Smash Legend
Does excessive randomness mean anything to you? We've got randomness everywhere in brawl, but the line needs to be drawn somewhere. Why do people instantly throw any randomness on the same level as Picto's? jeez.

If YI:B goes down too, which I doubt, fine, but Picto has no business in a competitive scene.

Windmill has significant warning btw.

BSP

Smash Legend
Having a constant chance of the stage screwing you over during the match?

Nah, I'll pass.

Sudai

Stuff here
BSP, my point is, the line has been redrawn -several- times. It keeps getting closer and closer to BF+FD only. Like I said, I didn't even look at the new reasons for banning picto. lrn2satire

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'll be keeping Picto for my tournaments as a precaution for those players going to BBRC Tournaments. Since that's the standard for what tournaments use, I'll wait til Picto officially comes down.

I know the reasons to why Picto is bull**** though lol.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
If you guys would stop playing Brawl, you wouldn't have to worry about counterpicks like in SFIV and you could focus on player skill like in SFIII/Melee.

Smashers only MvC3 sounds good. Still FREE.

PSN: Arcadia21x

Get ***** in MvC3.

ChKn

Smash Ace
If you guys would stop playing Brawl, you wouldn't have to worry about counterpicks like in SFIV and you could focus on player skill like in SFIII/Melee.

Smashers only MvC3 sounds good. Still FREE.

PSN: Arcadia21x

Get ***** in MvC3.
There's a tourney at UL like next weekend I think for MvC3. It's somewhere in the Student Union.

-Ran

Smash Master
Your statements are getting more and more baseless Arc. The Counter-pick system is actually infinitely more important in Melee, since there's no MK to break the system. It's just locally speaking, the skill tiers exist to the point where Lee won't need to take me to a Pro-Fox stage to beat me or CP me character wise. It's actually like that for Brawl in a lot of cases in our area. We get it, you have a disdain for Brawl.

Also, randomness isn't a reason to remove a stage. If that was the case, a ton of stages would have to be removed, as Sudai as pointed out. I've actually had a tournament match where my opponent was saved by Randall after I gimped him. =/ Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen Pierre get gimped [as Lucas] by Randall deciding he wanted to 'help.'

Turazrok

Smash Master
Your statements are getting more and more baseless Arc. The Counter-pick system is actually infinitely more important in Melee, since there's no MK to break the system. It's just locally speaking, the skill tiers exist to the point where Lee won't need to take me to a Pro-Fox stage to beat me. It's actually like that for Brawl in a lot of cases in our area.

Also, randomness isn't a reason to remove a stage. If that was the case, a ton of stages would have to be removed, as Sudai as pointed out. I've actually had a tournament match where my opponent was saved by Randall after I gimped him. =/ Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen Pierre get gimped [as Lucas] by Randall deciding he wanted to 'help.'
Um most epic fox insta win stages have been banned at this point.

Beyond that fox does well on most stages except battlefield, and even that's iffy.

-Ran

Smash Master
Pokefloats vs Marth, is certainly much better than Neutral vs Marth, from what I've gathered. I'm not talking about auto-win, I'm speaking of the fact that counter-pick stages do change the match ups. Some players are just lazy and don't pick anything outside of neutrals at local tournaments.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Pokefloats vs Marth, is certainly much better than Neutral vs Marth, from what I've gathered. I'm not talking about auto-win, I'm speaking of the fact that counter-pick stages do change the match ups. Some players are just lazy and don't pick anything outside of neutrals at local tournaments.
Players rarely pick non neutrals period from what I've seen. Also I wasn't sure about pokefloats being legal which is why I didn't mention it.

My point was it's not a hugely strong example.

By the way how's the fox going ran

BSP

Smash Legend
I'll be keeping Picto for my tournaments as a precaution for those players going to BBRC Tournaments. Since that's the standard for what tournaments use, I'll wait til Picto officially comes down.

I know the reasons to why Picto is bull**** though lol.
I'll work on that.

Picto is bull****, and why we continue to put up with it, I don't know.

-Ran

Smash Master
Yawara is fine. He's posted on his Facebook. He said that he most likely won't have school anytime soon.

Savon

Smash Ace
BSP you are a Sonic main. You should freaking be in love with Picto.

Also I am finally back in town from this huge debate tournament in Laffy. I won something in all 3 of my events and I will be going to nationals in Dallas. I am tired as **** though and will proboably proceed to pass out from exaughtion the moment I fininish typijng this.

edit: Major debate tournament during the next Nom, so I will not make it.

Top Bottom