• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

D

Deleted member

The CD versions of the games have horrendous loading times and are practically the same aside from CD quality music. I looked it up.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
This is unrelated to the last messages in the thread, but I was watching some videos about Fatal Fury & Terry, I read a recent post in the comment section about giving Terry his Garou desing as an alt for Smash, and then I thought maybe that won't happen. The reason could be a bit stupid, but in the Banjo Kazooie presentation as everyone will remember Sakurai showed a bit of footage of Terry, and I remember a taunt involving his hat.
Terry doesn't have a hat in his Garou design and I guess he will have a victory pose involving his hat (like his iconic pose where he throws his hat). Of course they could do a new taunt to replace the hat one for his alt, I don't think that would be that much work for his team, but in the end I imagine it all depends if Sakurai likes the alternate design of Terry and if he sees it iconic enough to add it.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
This is unrelated to the last messages in the thread, but I was watching some videos about Fatal Fury & Terry, I read a recent post in the comment section about giving Terry his Garou desing as an alt for Smash, and then I thought maybe that won't happen. The reason could be a bit stupid, but in the Banjo Kazooie presentation as everyone will remember Sakurai showed a bit of footage of Terry, and I remember a taunt involving his hat.
Terry doesn't have a hat in his Garou design and I guess he will have a victory pose involving his hat (like his iconic pose where he throws his hat). Of course they could do a new taunt to replace the hat one for his alt, I don't think that would be that much work for his team, but in the end I imagine it all depends if Sakurai likes the alternate design of Terry and if he sees it iconic enough to add it.
Joker still tightens his glove in his school uniform outfit and I think female Pokémon Trainer has some altered animations so I think there is still hope for the Garou alt. Honestly as long as they have the green alt of his default outfit I will be satisfied. It's pretty much guaranteed since it's an alt for Terry in just about every game.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Joker still tightens his glove in his school uniform outfit and I think female Pokémon Trainer has some altered animations so I think there is still hope for the Garou alt. Honestly as long as they have the green alt of his default outfit I will be satisfied. It's pretty much guaranteed since it's an alt for Terry in just about every game.
True, I didn't think in Joker.
I guess you could argue Terry is a DLC character and for that will probably receive extra attention like happened to previous DLC fighters. I don't think the hat animation nullifies any chance for a Garou alt but it could be a little problem. I would be a bit disappointed if different costumes won't happen for him if the reason behind that is some animations or taunts with the hat.

I think they could do 1 or 2 extra animations for that scenario. Terry with his Garou version could touch his hair instead of the hat, they could even give him the animation with the hair that Rock does after every move, it would be a nice reference.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So yeah, unless they take the super traditionalist route with palette swaps for Terry, there may not be anything to worry about. Just make sure to temper your expectations and not assume that we're getting much more than the standard set by the other DLC characters.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Looking through the gameplay footage, am I the only one who thought that the two Power Waves Terry used were going different speeds? I dunno why, but I think that tells me that the Power Wave would have the alternate speed mechanics that the Hadouken has.

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Looking through the gameplay footage, am I the only one who thought that the two Power Waves Terry used were going different speeds? I dunno why, but I think that tells me that the Power Wave would have the alternate speed mechanics that the Hadouken has.
Terry will most likely be given the same treatment as Ryu and Ken, except that KOF has a four-button system so he’ll only have two strengths for his special moves instead of three (disregarding true inputs). Tilts might work the same way as the shotos, however.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmarble.kofg&hl=en_US

So it looks like King of Fighters All-Star will finally be getting a Global release on October 22nd. There has been a plethora of KoF mobile games but this one has been regarded as the best of them. There was even a point where it was the #1 top grossing mobile game in Korea, beating other big names like DBZ Dokkan Battle and Fate: Grand Order. Even though it is technically a KoF game, characters from other series like SamSho and even Tekken will eventually be added (there is even an adorable rule 63 Chang that gets added).

I haven't actually played it myself though I'm definitely looking forward to it. It seems promising enough considering that it has fully voiced 3D characters and is big in other countries.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Considering the next amiibo wave release in the first two weeks of November, I guess we have one month left until Terry. My guess is the between the 1st and the 8th.

It's so weird to me that there's only one month left considering there was no trailer for him, but based on his gameplay, things seem to be going along pretty nicely.

Do you guys think we'll get another Sakurai video or something more akin to what Joker got? It's likely that we'll get a full special presentation either way, because there was no gameplay trailer, so...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Considering the next amiibo wave release in the first two weeks of November, I guess we have one month left until Terry. My guess is the between the 1st and the 8th.

It's so weird to me that there's only one month left considering there was no trailer for him, but based on his gameplay, things seem to be going along pretty nicely.

Do you guys think we'll get another Sakurai video or something more akin to what Joker got? It's likely that we'll get a full special presentation either way, because there was no gameplay trailer, so...
Sakurai video, Sakurai implied we're getting them because of budget reasons instead of the Direct style

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228

I think they might livestream the video, and reveal #5 at the end of it.

D

Deleted member

So it looks like King of Fighters All-Star will finally be getting a Global release on October 22nd. There has been a plethora of KoF mobile games but this one has been regarded as the best of them. There was even a point where it was the #1 top grossing mobile game in Korea, beating other big names like DBZ Dokkan Battle and Fate: Grand Order. Even though it is technically a KoF game, characters from other series like SamSho and even Tekken will eventually be added (there is even an adorable rule 63 Chang that gets added).

I haven't actually played it myself though I'm definitely looking forward to it. It seems promising enough considering that it has fully voiced 3D characters and is big in other countries.
I've already tossed so many bucks into Fire Emblem Heroes...(nah just kidding I'm a F2P). I swear my gacha game addiction is probably...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I always thought Terry would be getting the same treatment like Joker due to the similarities of both announcements (reveals without gameplay). But as you said maybe we will have a Sakurai presentation because of budget reasons, and honestly I'm okay with that, I love Sakurai's sense of humour.
It would be cool see him talking about Terry and Fatal Fury/KoF like he did with Banjo/Hero and their franchises.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Ooh, cool! Isn't this the one that has a Tekken crossover? Exciting.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I’ve been watching PapaGenos’ recent video and he brought up something interesting in terms of the release date:

Remember when Nintendo France banned Hero and all DLC characters released after Banjo, then reversed the ban days later? What really caught his attention, and caught mine, was that the description for the ban specifically said “All Fighters released beyond September 23rd”, not “All Fighters released after Banjo”. The tournament in which the ban was applied to before being reversed was apparently going on from September 23rd to November 3rd, with Terry’s release window being sometime during November. The implications are real heavy here. Could Terry be releasing in very early November? Could he be releasing days before Halloween? Could he be releasing on Halloween? We’ve had ahead-of-schedule releases before with Piranha Plant and Banjo, so this gets me pretty excited.

D

Deleted member

Could Terry be releasing in very early November? Could he be releasing days before Halloween? Could he be releasing on Halloween?
Halloween...halloween...halloween...we still have a pending Capcom rep (if it'll happen), and Darks-I-I...don't do that. Don't give me hope.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Halloween...halloween...halloween...we still have a pending Capcom rep (if it'll happen), and Darks-I-I...don't do that. Don't give me hope.
I know it would fit the theme but Dark Scythe for Mega Man Battle Network 6 doesn't seem very likely, sorry to break it to you. You know who I'd really like? A character from the Vampire series. Lord Raptor turning fighters into basket balls and dunking them would be cool to see again after so long. It's a shame they haven't tried making a good followup despite the popularity of a certain character that's appeared in most of the artbooks for the game and Capcom artbooks in general. That's right, Jedah. I know that blood is a big theme for him but surely they could do something to make him work right? /s

Nah but really though, I've played darkstalkers characters in so many crossover games that now I'd rather get a new game. Despite the popularity of character like Morrigan I think a Rival Schools/Project Justice game is next from what I heard Itsuno say awhile back with him wanting to work on it. Though I'm pretty sure his current project is Dragons Dogma 2 so we'll have to wait to see any news about that. Capcom could make a new DS in the meantime. I am worried about how it would turn out what with SFV being that great, my main gripe being how moves would be locked until you go into V-Trigger which I feel limits characters a lot.

To steer the conversation back on SNK, how would you like to see MAX Mode be implemented in KoF XV? I'm fine with cancels but I feel I shouldn't have to use up an entire bar to go into a mode for a few seconds to use EX versions of a special. I'd rather have an EX move be always available to the character at the cost of a portion of a bar when used. I really don't like this "Mode" trend in recent fighting games where I can only use my characters full moveset for a set period of time. Character specific mechanics I can tolerate but having it on every character just rubs me the wrong way.

D

Deleted member

To steer the conversation back on SNK, how would you like to see MAX Mode be implemented in KoF XV? I'm fine with cancels but I feel I shouldn't have to use up an entire bar to go into a mode for a few seconds to use EX versions of a special. I'd rather have an EX move be always available to the character at the cost of a portion of a bar when used. I really don't like this "Mode" trend in recent fighting games where I can only use my characters full moveset for a set period of time. Character specific mechanics I can tolerate but having it on every character just rubs me the wrong way.
In my opinion personally it's quite balanced. Though technically this is a problem once a lot of the character's important moves are locked behind a mode that only be utilized for a handful of seconds.

This kind of system pretty much hurts a character especially if they have only one move that overshadows the rest.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Am going on a long trip at the end of the month and got some eShop points to spend. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some Neo-Geo titles to check out?

Which Fatal Fury & KoF games are considered the best? Also Samurai Shodown. I want to educate myself a bit in regards to Terry and post-1990 SNK before he comes out.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Am going on a long trip at the end of the month and got some eShop points to spend. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some Neo-Geo titles to check out?

Which Fatal Fury & KoF games are considered the best? Also Samurai Shodown. I want to educate myself a bit in regards to Terry and post-1990 SNK before he comes out.
Garou: Mark of the Wolves, King of Fighters 2002, Samurai Shodown II - Great places to start. If you don't mind Steam, the Steam versions of King of Fighters XIII and KOF 2002 Unlimited Match are both truly excellent as well. and if you want something other than fighters, try Metal Slug X, one of the best run and gun games I've ever played.

Garou in particular is considered one of the best fighting games of all time. It's absolutely beautiful and extremely deep. That said, it's one of the final canonical Fatal Fury games which means it takes place a long time in the future. If you want to see classic Terry I'd stick with KOF or one of the Real Bout Fatal Fury games, but I still can't recommend it enough.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

For Fatal Fury, I'd go with Real Bout Fatal Fury and Garou Mark of the Wolves. Both are great though if you're more interested in learning about Terry I'd go for Real Bout.

For KoF, I'd go for 98 or 2002. Both are dream matches so neither of them have an actual story but they are still the best in the series.

If you're interested in the story-based ones you should check out 96, 99, and 2000. You could also play them chronologically by starting with 94 though I'd argue that the series didn't really get onto its feet until 96.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I'M sorry but I really don't get why people want Female!Terry since she was born against his will, unlike others who are PLAYER characters of their own games.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Source Gaming put out a video of the Fatal Fury/King of Fighters content that we could see in Smash. The classic mode that they describe would be great, though I don't recall if classic mode matches involve more than four players.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Source Gaming put out a video of the Fatal Fury/King of Fighters content that we could see in Smash. The classic mode that they describe would be great, though I don't recall if classic mode matches involve more than four players.
Oh hey it's the video I was asked if my footage could be used haha.

It was really good besides the erroneous statement about Rock.

D

Deleted member

Just watched the video, and honestly, it was a good video about the possible content we could get, however, there are some exceptions:

1. If you're going to include the Ikari Warriors and the Psycho Soldiers, at the very f*cking least give them their theme songs. Especially the Psycho Soldiers. Their theme is so iconic. Not having that in Smash and I'mma riot.
2. In my opinion, :ultmarth: and :ultroy: would fit the bill as Kyo and Iori (respectively) better than the proposed Mario and Luigi. To me, their style matches some of the fighting styles used.
3. I literally flipped my **** when he did not acknowledge Rock Howard's inclusion in KoF XIV and MI. Seriously, did this guy double-check his research for Lady Palutena's sake?

Other than that, it was a good video to say the least.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
2. In my opinion, :ultmarth: and :ultroy: would fit the bill as Kyo and Iori (respectively) better than the proposed Mario and Luigi. To me, their style matches some of the fighting styles used.
I agree with this 100%, hell even if you were going the Kyo and fsr Shingo route these two would work well for that too.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I liked that video a lot despite the weird Rock statement. Like, c'mon guys, even if you aren't counting KOF14's DLC the Maximum Impact games exist. I loved that the Ikari Warriors were there, but how are you not gonna include Blue Mary's theme? Or a Metal Slug Mii Gunner costume?

I really liked the classic mode. I'd argue Greninja would be Andy rather than Ken as well but hey, all in all not bad. Nightmare Geese was a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I liked that video a lot despite the weird Rock statement. Like, c'mon guys, even if you aren't counting KOF14's DLC the Maximum Impact games exist. I loved that the Ikari Warriors were there, but how are you not gonna include Blue Mary's theme? Or a Metal Slug Mii Gunner costume?

I really liked the classic mode. I'd argue Greninja would be Andy rather than Ken as well but hey, all in all not bad. Nightmare Geese was a pleasant surprise.
Andy and Greninja makes perfect, perfect sense. To add, imo Wii Fit should've been Yuri while Shiek should've been King.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We have between 24 and 54 days until Terry's release (and the possible reveal of the last pass fighter) so we've got a while to wait no matter how you slice it.

Only date I think it won't be is the 15th of November, thanks to Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Top Bottom