• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Had to go with my girl King! I have Team Women Fighters as my main three (King, Baseball Yuri, Mai) with Terry, Ryo, and Andy as my strikers respectively.

I'm shocked at how fun this game is! It legit looks good and I love that we'll be getting more and more KOF characters as the weeks go on. I saw Kula in the intro and an unlockable Ash image. I'm hoping we get the Tekken crossover worldwide too. Excited for more teams to be added (though I can't lie, it was great seeing Lucky again).
Ohhh, King's a great choice! I'm not sure if we're getting events the same time as other regions despite being behind. Some gacha do that but it can lead to the global version having too many banners and our summoning resources being assaulted and drained very quickly.

Alright it looks like we’re getting our answer soon:

Edit: Sorry about the double-post

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ohhh, King's a great choice! I'm not sure if we're getting events the same time as other regions despite being behind. Some gacha do that but it can lead to the global version having too many banners and our summoning resources being assaulted and drained very quickly.

Alright it looks like we’re getting our answer soon:
I merged the posts together this time, but for future reference, if you're updating your post, use the edit button rather than quoting yourself and double-posting.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Finally started playing KoF All-Stars. I spent like 20 minutes rerolling on that one banner but in the end I settled with '98 Vice and got Shingo with my free fighter choice.

If anyone wants to add me my friend code is J0W1D9. My name is BC49 and I should have Shingo as my pic.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Finished downloading everything from KOF Allstars. But how do I redeem the preregistered character?

I could only choose between Kyo, Ryo, and Terry. Went Terry because obviously, but I really wanted either Vanessa, Leona, King, or at least Mai.

Edit:

I think I might have started the preregistration process but I forgot to tap the pre-register now button. Great... :(

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Played a bit of KOF Allstar yesterday. My current team consists of 96 Iori, 97 Kim, and 98 Ryo. Also, anyone know how to equip Battle Cards?

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Played a bit of KOF Allstar yesterday. My current team consists of 96 Iori, 97 Kim, and 98 Ryo. Also, anyone know how to equip Battle Cards?
Reach rank 15 and on the character's screen (The one where you level them up, unlock cores, etc.) there's a tab for it on the left.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Which date does everyone think that Terrys presentation will be shown?
The most popular dates seem to be either November 6th (due to rumors/leaks) or November 13th (since it coincides with an amiibo wave).

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
The most popular dates seem to be either November 6th (due to rumors/leaks) or November 13th (since it coincides with an amiibo wave).

I wonder if there is any chance for a Halloween release at all

Since Smash characters always release around 8-9 ET, it would technically be November in Japan by then

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Since Smash characters always release around 8-9 ET, it would technically be November in Japan by then
Hey, that's quite the technicality! Hopefully that's the case!

People who have the Fighters Pass go out and have fun during Halloween, and then end their celebration by playing as Terry in Smash! A perfect way to cap off a holiday. (That, or, playing through Luigi's Mansion 3)

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Another one I've heard is November 25th for Fatal Fury's 28th anniversary.

If you'll entertain my future SNK game speculating for a minute, earlier this year in a press conference SNK stated they wanted to start releasing two games a year. Next year we're getting Metal Slug and KoF XV already. We don't know what's in store for 2021 but considering it's the same year as Fatal Fury's 30th anniversary we can expect a celebration of some sort and just maybe, dare I say it, a new FF/Garou game. Oda and Kuroki both want to make it, Kuroki even said in an interview with Famitsu if there's enough demand [for Garou 2] from fans it could happen. The characters and story was already seemingly finished for the game, including Rock and Jenet's new moves. Other than what I've mentioned I've don't have much more reason, so despite my previous statement about expectations, I'd recommend that you don't expect it, but hope for it.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Another one I've heard is November 25th for Fatal Fury's 28th anniversary.

If you'll entertain my future SNK game speculating for a minute, earlier this year in a press conference SNK stated they wanted to start releasing two games a year. Next year we're getting Metal Slug and KoF XV already. We don't know what's in store for 2021 but considering it's the same year as Fatal Fury's 30th anniversary we can expect a celebration of some sort and just maybe, dare I say it, a new FF/Garou game. Oda and Kuroki both want to make it, Kuroki even said in an interview with Famitsu if there's enough demand [for Garou 2] from fans it could happen. The characters and story was already seemingly finished for the game, including Rock and Jenet's new moves. Other than what I've mentioned I've don't have much more reason, don't expect it, but hope for it.

From being in Smash speculation for over a year, I can assure you that anniversaries usually dont mean anything

Remember when Porky was supposed to be announced for Mothers 30th anniversary? Or when Banjo was supposed to show up at the Game Awards for its anniversary (I know he showed up at E3, but still), but we got Joker instead?

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
From being in Smash speculation for over a year, I can assure you that anniversaries usually dont mean anything

Remember when Porky was supposed to be announced for Mothers 30th anniversary? Or when Banjo was supposed to show up at the Game Awards for its anniversary (I know he showed up at E3, but still), but we got Joker instead?
That's just one that I've heard, and I agree that it probably won't happen on that date, just another date to possibly consider, even if it doesn't really mean much when it comes to smash.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

What if it's a dia de Los muertos release? Latin American holiday tied to a character popular in Latin america.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Is it ok if everyone in this thread spoiler tags any potential FP5 leaks in the future? (Like Vergeben leaks, Nintendo slip ups, ect) Im avoiding the general thread like the plague so I dont see any

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
When Joker was released back in April, I believe around the same time we also got a reveal trailer for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers.

Anyone else think that Terry's release in November might come with something similar, like a trailer for The King of Fighters XV?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
When Joker was released back in April, I believe around the same time we also got a reveal trailer for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers.

Anyone else think that Terry's release in November might come with something similar, like a trailer for The King of Fighters XV?
April was when the Japanese Persona concert event was going on (where the usually show off new Persona news/games) so it was probably just a coincidence. That said though, if I worked at SNK I would totally try to release an official KoF XV trailer in November to capitalize on the Terry hype.

I'm expecting the first KoF XV trailer to drop around EVO Japan (end of January). March/April at the absolute latest since they are planning a 2020 release.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Apparently the official Smash channel updated their playlist, which is somethig that they normally do before stuff happens. If we are lucky, Terry might even come this week, hopefully

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Apparently the official Smash channel updated their playlist, which is somethig that they normally do before stuff happens. If we are lucky, Terry might even come this week, hopefully
(Nintendo might release Terry this week.)

“OKAY! Nintendo, come on, come on!”

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
(Nintendo might release Terry this week.)

“OKAY! Nintendo, come on, come on!”
https://mobile.twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1188421373661573121

Here is the source, I really hope this means a potential Halloween release

It really is a shame that this community was not more accepting of Terry

They call Terry and Erdrick “literally whos” and “niche” despite their contributions to gaming history, but then ask for characters like Geno and Isaac

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It really is a shame that this community was not more accepting of Terry

They call Terry and Erdrick “literally whos” and “niche” despite their contributions to gaming history, but then ask for characters like Geno and Isaac
I wish the complaints were instead coming from the Steve and Jonesy crowd. Terry is proof that a character doesn't have to be the most mainstream thing ever to get in.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I wish the complaints were instead coming from the Steve and Jonesy crowd. Terry is proof that a character doesn't have to be the most mainstream thing ever to get in.
In a way, I suppose they are coming from that crowd. Most people I've seen hate on Terry are either people who only care for the Smash bubble picks... or casuals who didn't grow up with SNK and thus call Terry a "literal who".

It's certainly ironic that these two almost opposite groups both have people who dislike Terry's inclusion.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
There's some interesting sales on Steam related to King of Fighters if someone's interested. I think I will pick KoF XIII, I don't know if XIV is better gameplay wise but at least visually XIII attracts me more.
Also helps that XIII is cheaper, hahaha.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
There's some interesting sales on Steam related to King of Fighters if someone's interested. I think I will pick KoF XIII, I don't know if XIV is better gameplay wise but at least visually XIII attracts me more.
Also helps that XIII is cheaper, hahaha.
XIII and XIV are both great. Don't pass up on the latter just because of the graphics, it's still really fun.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I would be so surprised if I freaking called it and he's actually coming on Dia de Los muertos.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Looking back at past events that happened before Banjo was added. (As it didn't happen before Joker.)

Seems like this is the first time where the copyright appeared in the events before the new character does.

I didn't bother looking at things before Hero either.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
He has to be coming out within the next few days, the trademarks were updated for tomorrow event after all.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
If you guys remember the blue dot by the Smash Bros. channel, it turns out that when it appeared on Monday, Terry wasn't quite ready at the time it appeared, according to Sabi (he said it has happened previously so it's nothing new). Probably means a change in a playlist.

Irregardless, I still think Terry's coming on Tuesday or Wednesday since his release was changed from "November 2019" to "Coming soon". I think what we'll see at the beginning of his presentation video is a second trailer for him, since his reveal trailer didn't show any actual gameplay aside from his model at the end.

Attachments

Top Bottom