• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

KatKit

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if we got that old school story mode casual clothing for Mai's spirit, and I'm totally cool with that.

Or other official illustrations of her civilian outfits like:

Mai has also worn a less revealing yet true to character design kimono in some of her intros/outros, artwork for official manga adaptations, concept art for alternate costumes, and official in-game artwork. I think it'd be cool if they showed that as well.

Heck, Mai has even told Athena Asamiya how her school uniform reminds her of something she wore in her youth. And surely enough (even outside of her Dead or Alive cameos), it officially exists in some capacity. I'd low-key applaud them for the reference.

But honestly, in a perfect world, a little exposed thigh in one image shouldn't boost an entire rating to Teen. For whatever reason, I never considered Mai's outfit provocative.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, they left Panther's cleavage well enough alone, so I imagine that DLC third parties could have some sort of immunity to a degree.

But man, there's so many outfits and looks they'd have trouble settling on just four.

MattX20

Smash Hero
People are forgetting that they could just go with Mai's original Fatal Fury 2 artwork. That, and given that Ann from Persona 5 was allowed to keep her cleavage in her model, chances are Mai won't be much of an issue.

D

Deleted member

People are forgetting that they could just go with Mai's original Fatal Fury 2 artwork. That, and given that Ann from Persona 5 was allowed to keep her cleavage in her model, chances are Mai won't be much of an issue.
Heck, I mean, Great Fairy's artwork did show her cleavage.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yet Mythra got her cleavage censored to hell and back just for standing there. Spirit team's priorities are a little skewed...

Also, Captain Syrup is safe, although that's probably because touching Marioverse characters above the belt might annoy somebody.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yet Mythra got her cleavage censored to hell and back just for standing there. Spirit team's priorities are a little skewed...

Also, Captain Syrup is safe, although that's probably because touching Marioverse characters above the belt might annoy somebody.
Same with Pyra's I think. Man, when I first played Xenoblade 2 I was literally beyond shocked at her breast size, she'd give Mai, Leona or Angel a run for their money.

Doesn't Bayonetta's classic alt show a teeny-tiny bit of cleavage as well?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Same with Pyra's I think. Man, when I first played Xenoblade 2 I was literally beyond shocked at her breast size, she'd give Mai, Leona or Angel a run for their money.

Doesn't Bayonetta's classic alt show a teeny-tiny bit of cleavage as well?
Yeah, that's exactly right. Stripping's obviously right out, but a crack's kosher enough.

Actually, Pyra was already covered on the chest to begin with, and her thighs have actually been left alone, so lord knows how she got past the lewd detector.

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Played some Garou: Mark of the Wolves with my friend using FightCade for the first time, and I gotta say I'm already hooked.

The sprite work is amazing, specials feel super satisfying to land, the music is pretty catchy (I listen to Sunrise on The Train almost every day), and I especially love how some stages change in appearance between rounds.

Terry's leather jacket better be an alt, or imma riot.

D

Deleted member

Played some Garou: Mark of the Wolves with my friend using FightCade for the first time, and I gotta say I'm already hooked.

The sprite work is amazing, specials feel super satisfying to land, the music is pretty catchy (I listen to Sunrise on The Train almost every day), and I especially love how some stages change in appearance between rounds.

*sobbing uncontrollably*

You're so goddamn lucky. I actually opened up my Fightcade, and my roms never worked. I actually got a glimpse of the KoF98 rooms. Turns out, there's too many Koreans playing this game. I barely understood anything in the chat. Period.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
*sobbing uncontrollably*

You're so goddamn lucky. I actually opened up my Fightcade, and my roms never worked. I actually got a glimpse of the KoF98 rooms. Turns out, there's too many Koreans playing this game. I barely understood anything in the chat. Period.
Did you check to see if you had the neogeo.zip file in your roms folder?

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice

Gonna warn you that Garou is pretty broken before getting too much into it. Characters like Kain and Grant are a few degrees worse than Chun-Li in 3S and they aren't even the best characters in the game. That would be Kevin Rian who has insane blockstrings for this kind of game and insane damage and mobility to accompany it. It's pretty clear that the game was more of a setup for a better playing sequel which was in development. There's a rumor about Garou 2 being in the works now even which I wouldn't doubt.

That being said, don't let all this stop you from enjoying the game because the game still looks, sounds, and feels amazing. It's a great game for friends to gather around and play due to the quick pace of the matches and how fun it is to spectate. It's not the perfect fighting game a lot of people make it out to be but it doesn't need to be. At the end of the day all that matters is that you enjoy and have fun with the game. Personally I wish the artist who did the designs, Tanko, got brought up more because her work on Garou, The Last Blade, and other SNK titles are criminally underappreciated.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Link of the rumor about Garou 2 being in development? I'd like to know more, if there's some details or anything.
If there's a sequel I'll probably buy it because I'm enjoying Garou a lot.

Unrelated to SNK but I am also thinking in picking Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Link of the rumor about Garou 2 being in development? I'd like to know more, if there's some details or anything.

Garou 2 was cancelled. The rumors are false.

Rev 2 is a pretty hard game to learn; I’d suggest waiting for the new game releasing next year which supposedly makes it easier to play.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

GG is my favorite fighting franchise and Xrd is phenomenal. It's basically a new gen version of my previous favorite fighting game ever, Guilty Gear XX ACR (which is available on Switch now!) so it's well worth it.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Rev 2 is a pretty hard game to learn; I’d suggest waiting for the new game releasing next year which supposedly makes it easier to play.
If I'm not wrong there was a Gaoru 2 development cancelled but back then, after the release of the first one. By Sunredo's comment I thought the rumour he was talking about was a recent one.

I've heard the tutorial of GG Xrd Rev 2 is really good and helpful, I thought that would help me. I was thinking in buying a pre owned copy of the game, so in the case I don't like it I could sell it.
The game interests me for the music, the visuals, crazy combat and his tone. I already guessed it's not easy to learn but I think that these aspects will help me to stick to the game.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
There's not really much, just a post
39lPyB7.jpg
The reason why people believed this leak is because they got the European publisher right. The publisher in question usually doesn't do fighting games, much less ones from a Japanese developer.
The reason why they replied with this is because that's the truth. Garou 2 did get cancelled. Not only that but the final season 1 DLC was Rimururu, Shizumaru, Basara, Kazaki, and Wan Fu, not what the leaker had stated. However SNK could've changed their plans like they did with the release dates of the characters. Wan Fu was originally a February release but got pulled back into this December. There was also confirmation last year that a Garou sequel could certainly still happen if fans were vocal enough about it. To save you a click though, here's what was said:
Kuroki:I get asked that a lot, but I actually didn’t have anything to do with the story. The planners probably don’t know anything about it either.

Abe: Huh? I saw the story for part 2 though.

Everyone: Huh!?

Abe: There’s a story written for it, right up to the ending I expect.

Asanaka: Could it be that they weren’t planning to include you in part 2, Kuroki? (Laughs)

Kuroki: No no. I may not know anything about the story, but I created all the content!

Famitsu: Had development already begun on it then?

Abe: The characters were definitely completed. Including the new ones.

Kuroki: I also remember that the new moves for Rock and Jenet were done.

Famitsu: This is the first I’ve heard about all this.

Kuroki:The old SNK ceased to exist partway through development, so unfortunately it was shelved. Oda (Yasyuki Oda, involved with the development of KOF XIV and SNK Heroines ~Tag Team Frenzy~) says that he’ll never stop wanting to make it until the day he retires. Development could actually happen, if fans are vocal enough about it.
Whether it's in development or not, there is a drive to make the game happen.

Another tidbit about Garou from that interview that isn't related to the sequel but I still really liked was their struggle of putting moe in the game:
Kuroki: The word “moe” started coming into use right around when Garou: Mark of the Wolves was under development, but we were struggling a bit because we wanted to incorporate “moe” into the game, but we didn’t really understand what it was!

Luckily there was someone who worked at the company who was very well informed, and he gave me a lecture on it. That’s how Hotaru came about.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm really hoping they don't do what they did with Street fighter and only put music from one game.

KOF and Fatal fury have good songs but I have trouble remember one game that had a fully great soundtrack, so some variety would be nice.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Besides Fatal Fury I think some King of Fighters music is guaranteed. I mean, the stage we saw had a giant letter with "The King of Fighters", and we know that Ryo appears in the background. I think we will have some tracks from KoF.

I hope for at least 15 songs or around that, it will be more than previous fighters but not that much, I guess they don't want to create great differences in terms of content between different characters of the fighter pass, so I guess 15 songs would be the best case scenario.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah that's the one
Aren't there issues regarding it sounding too much like Robert Miles' Children? Hope that doesn't affect Smash.

Then again, that one Doom II song that's a MIDI ripoff of Them Bones seems to get away scot-free.

Last edited:

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Aren't there issues regarding it sounding too much like Robert Miles' Children? Hope that doesn't affect Smash.

Then again, that one Doom II song that's a MIDI ripoff of Them Bones seems to get away scot-free.
Probably not but considering they ended up giving Rock a new theme called Emergence instead of remaking his old theme I'd say the chances of seeing Spread the Wings are pretty slim. It's a good theme though so I don't mind. One song that probably won't make the cut but I want more than anything is Fairy due to Chizuru sadly not being that popular of a character.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I got bored so I made a King of Fighters XV roster prediction list using this format:

kof xv tier list.png

Verse's win quotes and the numerous endings in KoF XIV imply that some bosses will be coming back, hence why some of them like Rugal are a bit high up.

Who do you guys think will be making it into XV?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I got bored so I made a King of Fighters XV roster prediction list using this format:

Verse's win quotes and the numerous endings in KoF XIV imply that some bosses will be coming back, hence why some of them like Rugal are a bit high up.

I really think that this is the year we finally get a Team Metal Slug and a Team Real Bout. I just want Franco Bash.

Why do you think Love Heart isn't going to come back? It would be a shame, I grew to really like her in 14. I'm hoping we get a Team Garou as well. I want Khushnood Butt.

I'll be able to give my full thoughts on this tomorrow at some point. I almost guarantee that Elizabeth is coming back especially after the ending for the team that Antonov hired.

Last edited:

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice

download.png

The reasons for the characters in the "I'm biased" tier is
1. Shingo's just my favorite.
2. All the members of team Mexico in XIV I love playing.
3. Metal Slug is due for representation in some fashion, even if it's a mars person. I also love MS to death.
4. I'd love to see a team Bernstein of Rugal, Adelheid, and Rose, if only for the interactions.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Why do you think Love Heart isn't going to come back?
IIRC the rights to her game got sold off last year. They even had to remove all traces of her from an official SNK Heroines art book. It's unfortunate because I liked pirate Lucina Love Heart a lot.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
IIRC the rights to her game got sold off last year. They even had to remove all traces of her from an official SNK Heroines art book. It's unfortunate because I liked pirate Lucina Love Heart a lot.
Oh, that's a real shame... Maybe they can give us B.Jenet instead. Team Garou as Rock, B.Jenet, and Butt would be fun and my reason is: I'm biased.

D

Deleted member

Press F to pay respects.

D

Deleted member

For those FF and KoF experts... Is the NEO GEO console version of these games the ideal one or is it the original arcade?

D

Deleted member

For those FF and KoF experts... Is the NEO GEO console version of these games the ideal one or is it the original arcade?
Technically the Neo Geo version and the arcade version are super-identical with each other. Basically what SNK did was they took the software containing the arcade game, put the software into a cart for the Neo Geo, and released it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
They're literally the same, which was what made the Neo Geo so cool...and so expensive. It was having an actual arcade hardware in your home.

The ideal version of King of Fighters 98, 2002, and 13 are definitely the Steam releases.

D

Deleted member

They're literally the same, which was what made the Neo Geo so cool...and so expensive. It was having an actual arcade hardware in your home.

The ideal version of King of Fighters 98, 2002, and 13 are definitely the Steam releases.
Why the Steam version instead of the NEO GEO?

D

Deleted member

For Steam, I think...

You have your complete 64-character roster (#EveryoneIsHere), online play, challenge mode, and most importantly imo balance changes.

D

Deleted member

What about the CD versions of those games? are they the same as arcade?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can only speak for King of Fighters 98, but the game was promoted as a Dream Match game (kind of like the precursor to Smash Bros. Ultimate, in the sense that they brought back a ton of characters, even ones who were canonically dead at the time). However, it was missing roughly half a dozen characters from previous installments - most notably Geese Howard, but I'm not sure why the characters in question didn't make the cut. Maybe it's because they weren't seen as important or couldn't logically fit on a team, like ninja Eiji Kisaragi or Kasumi Todoh. Maybe they were too over-powered, like Geese and his team, Goenitz, or Orochi. (unlike all of the other characters that were mentioned, Orochi had never been playable before, even through a cheat code - his moveset was/is downright broken)

Either way, King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match (the one that's available on Steam) added all of those characters, along with new final bosses depending on how well you do in arcade mode (originally, it was just Omega Rugal), challenges to introduce you to the game's mechanics, rebalancing the roster, expanding on the options (so if you're having trouble with arcade mode, you can give yourself an infinite Super meter, among other things), and giving more characters alternate versions based on past SNK games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom