• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Spire

III
BRoomer
Possibly the best bundle I've seen in my life. It's just really great that Nintendo is doing this.

Edit: oh man, look at the circular runes behind Phi. You can see Farore and Nayru's signs, with Din's assumably behind her head. With her resemblance to the Fairy Queen, this is definitely a tie-in. All the symbology of the series wrapped into one game. I'm so excited for this.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm not going tot lie and say that's the best bundle I've ever seen, as I've seen many good ones (ones that come to mind are some Growlancer games and Lunar games, and even the Skyrim game) but that is so darn awesome, and I can't wait to get it.

:I

Spire

III
BRoomer
As a lifelong Zelda fan, this bundle, while containing less than that of Skyrim's (oh man, look I'm way hyped for that game) is exactly what I'd want. The game + best Wii controller ever + an official CD = totally happy me. Had they decided to throw in an art book for $10 more you might see my hype skyrocket, but this is more than I've come to expect from Nintendo, so I am thoroughly pleased. It's the best bundle I've ever come across solely because of my perspective on the company and this beloved series.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hey, man.

I'm a lifelong Zelda fan as well. No game has ever disappointed me (Disregard CD-I, it doesn't exist :mad:) and I was satisfied with just a new game. I am so bonkers over the new game.

Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy for the bundle, as I need a new controller (Had one since launch - barely work anymore) and this solves two problems at once; Controller and my hunger for a new zelda.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Lol, I just moved to college and was thinking about how I'd have to buy a new controller for SS because I left all mine at home. How convenient.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Buy Skyward Sword. Buy Skyrim. Both are going to be in the 9-10/10 range. BUY THEM BUY THEM :mad:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm only buying Skyward Sword this holiday.

nothing else interests me.

:awesome:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, I was being honest.

I just added that because I know folks would be thinking "Of all holidays, why this one? there's so much good stuff ....."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bethseda sued Mojong (An INDIE company) for having a gamed called "Scrolls"

Bethseda are actually trying to say not only do you own the title to a game, but every single individual word in the title.

With that kind of intelligence, they want me to believe they can create a good game. I'll pass, for now. I'm being extreme, but the nordic theme in Skyrim isn't working for me

Spire

III
BRoomer
Bethesda claimed that Mojang's game "Scrolls" infringed on their trademark because the content within the game is akin to the high fantasy of the Elder Scrolls series. Bethesda lost. The game is still called Scrolls.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Psycho - For one, that is one of the worst explanations for how well a company can produce a game.

Second, Bethesda had legitimate claims. If Mojang had "Scrolls", they could then make "The Ancient Scrolls". Their worries wasn't with just scrolls, it was with what they could do with scrolls I believe.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Psycho - For one, that is one of the worst explanations for how well a company can produce a game.

Second, Bethesda had legitimate claims. If Mojang had "Scrolls", they could then make "The Ancient Scrolls". Their worries wasn't with just scrolls, it was with what they could do with scrolls I believe.
How many fantasy games out there have scrolls in them? There are a lot of them. They just don't use the word "Scrolls" in the title.

I don't see Bethseda suing anyone else that puts scrolls in their game.

Edit: The "I'm being extreme" part of my post meant: "I'm joking/ being overly dramatic"

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
They have Scrolls in their name, but that's different than "Scrolls". Having "Scrolls" copywritten allows for a lot of leeway and creativity and Bethesda is just being paranoid IMO.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I hope there is actually some HARD puzzles (not easy, not mediocre) I mean HARD puzzles...I'm sick of the recent games being easier then Shyla Styles.

That little bundle looks sexy.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Skyward Sword in 2011. Tales of Graces ƒ in 2012...my blood is now flowing to a lower section of my body.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Crap. I've got 65/150 on Skyrim, and Dark Souls Fully pre-ordered. I've gotta get this, mc3, and harvest moon 3ds[gf] all 5 dollars down =/ Gotta work on paying this stuff off too D:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What? So why wouldn't it be for pre-order? That doesn't make any sense.
Pre-order bonuses are free and are only available before the game is released.

Collector's editions cost more and are still available after release

Boofy!

Smash Champion
collectors edition is 20 bucks more and comes with the soundtrack and a gold wiimote+ with the muthafudgin triforce on it, quite badass looking. Pretty solid deal, yay for being gamestop employee.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
collectors edition is 20 bucks more and comes with the soundtrack and a gold wiimote+ with the muthafudgin triforce on it, quite badass looking. Pretty solid deal, yay for being gamestop employee.
I'm getting the Collector's Edition then :awesome: But is there even a pre-order bonus or anything?

Gimme yo Gamestop discount son.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't think there is a preorder bonus; just the collector's edition. Which I'm perfectly happy with, mind you. However if they added an art book as a preorder bonus.... I might need new pants.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I don't think there is a preorder bonus; just the collector's edition. Which I'm perfectly happy with, mind you. However if they added an art book as a preorder bonus.... I might need new pants.
Yes. I pre-ordered some new pants just in case. I'm taking a 3-year Animation course, and an artbook would be amazing to me.

Top Bottom