• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jedi Council

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Right now I'm liking eschemat, Namaste, and Dabuz. Thoughts?

BUSH has potential as well, but has just arrived in the PG so in my opinion we should wait and see how his early debates go.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Too soon for all of them. Might as well consider Xatres, Sephiroths Masamune, Thino and professor_mgw in that line-up.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Eschemat has my support.
Namaste Seems good and as of now has my support.
Dabuz from what I read so far is really good but I need to read up on his other post before I can have a proper opinion.
BUSH just got here but so far he is doing good, but let us see what the future holds.

Edit: Acrostic is a ninja. Anyway I suppose Acrostic is right. However this will be my opinion as of now and I wish to reserve the right to change it if something comes up in the proving grounds that would make me change my opinion.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Eschemat's total contribution to the PG amounts to what I post in 2-3 days. The low frequency and low output made me stop arguing D.A. (I really think no one has the right to discuss/debate suicide unless they are seeking personal help) in the suicide thread, even though I've been tempted to pick it up again over my PPP thread in the DH.
---------
The same point extends to Namaste in terms of how many posts he's contributed. From my perspective, nothing really special has shown out or grabbed me. At least for me Dragoon, it was your attempt to pull in Chemistry in the "Exist" thread. Does Namaste go through the same lengths?

Namaste said:
Do you believe in UFOs, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, or Michael Jackson? Of course not, because they're made up. You know this because there is no evidence.
Michael Jackson is clearly a mass hallucination created in our minds to scare little boys. I don't believe he ever existed. At all. /sarcasm

Again. Namaste hasn't contributed anything special. It's just "noise" posting. Good for the surface atmosphere for making the section busy, but lacking substance.
---------
Finally the same point extends to dabuz. I like dabuz due to taking the initiative for self-promotion. A rare occurrence. I express dislike because the first post dabuz submitted was six days ago and s/he only submitted two or three posts before posting in the Center Stage. The 1 vs 1 is a bit messy... actual gangs in a videogame thread. If anything, dabuz lacks focus and the ability to call people out in order to drive the topic back to the main point.
---------
BUSH is employing "what if" theories. "What if" theories are not substantial as they are unprovable, unable to test via experimentation, and more or less hypothetical in nature. It is impossible to gauge consequences using such theories and are therefore weak points when used with a results-driven standard in order to enforce a point.
---------
Summary: Too soon. The reason why we don't consider HaiWayne as valid contention anymore is due to the lack of posting presence despite writing fairly caliber posts. I'm just extending the same standard to the present PG posters.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Namaste has made a number of good posts in the ID thread, so yes/+1 to him. I thought his Michael Jackson thing was pretty funny, too!

professor mgw definitely needs more time in the PG.

BUSH looks like a good potential admit, but I think he needs to simmer a little more for the time being.

eschemat also seems like a potential future admit, but I haven't seen enough of him to really make a decision.

Don't know enough about the others to say much.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
So far, here's the tally:

Namaste: +4/-1
professor mgw: +0/-2
BUSH: +0/-4
eschemat: +2/-1
dabuz: +1/-1
HaiWayne: +0/-1

This is, of course, assuming EE has maintained his support for Namaste.

Acrostic: The Michael Jackson thing was a joke... Other than that, I disagree that he's contributed nothing. I think he's certainly intelligent enough to make it here. My one concern is that he hasn't really gotten in a major debate with anyone. But the whole point of the debate hall / moderator reform of a few months ago was to let in pretty much anyone who can make decent contributions to DH threads without detracting from the debate at hand, and I think Namaste, eschemat, and dabuz can all do that.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
After reading over Acrostic's statement, Gold Shadow's statement, and KrazyGlue's statement...I think I will support Eschemat if he does a good job with a debate on center stage. Same thing with Namaste.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Made a rash decision. I've revised my opinion after reading this post by Namaste. I apologize for not being more careful in my initial examinations. I approve.

KrazyGlue anyone can make decent contributions if they put in the time and effort. I'm gauging whether or not they actually will make decent contributions after being accepted. And if they don't make any contributions after acceptance and simply quit after obtaining a pink name, whether or not they deserved it.

If you're going to promote them then it would be more substantial for you to cite something they wrote as being valid reason for their acceptance. Especially when I posted a dissension and tried to justify my harsh (sorry PG guys) critique. I'm not saying that I'm right, I'm just stating that I want to see what you saw in these people that I missed such as Namaste. I can make hasty judgments and I want to avoid anything I may have missed.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Yeah, but most people who get the pink title leave and never come back anyway. Such is the pattern of online life. Yes, everyone can make decent contributions with proper time and effort. However, what we need to find out is who actually will do that.

Anyways, Namaste is now +5/-0, so unless someone expresses dissent within the rest of today, Namaste should be let in.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
That's disappointing to hear that they leave after obtaining debate status. Sorry KG. The last statement was pretentious. I came to a faulty conclusion and criticized your methods, instead of re-examining mine. I apologize. Thank you for being the better man in your response.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
That's disappointing to hear that they leave after obtaining debate status. Sorry KG. The last statement was pretentious. I came to a faulty conclusion and criticized your methods, instead of re-examining mine. I apologize. Thank you for being the better man in your response.
Don't worry dude, you didn't do anything wrong. :)

But yeah, DH activity was in the shambles just a few months ago, and nobody was getting in to the DH from the PG. The few people who had already been in the DH began peeling off because there were not enough interesting topics coming up, and it really just became a downward-spiraling activity sinkhole. So we tend to be a lot more lenient with who we accept nowadays. But you didn't do anything wrong at all; you expressed your opinions in a fair and mature manner, and I respect that.

Flat out no for mgw.
Gonna have to agree for right now.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Namaste: +5/0 - Still good with him
professor mgw: +0/-3 - More time
BUSH: +0/-5 - Definitely more time
eschemat: +2/-1 - Leaving this one untouched, unsure
dabuz: +1/-2 - Honestly? More time. I like dabuz but the style of debate is really rough around the edges, kind of meandering. This vote may change when I do some more PG reading later.
HaiWayne: +0/-1 - Unsure

Letting Namaste in now if I find a join request.

EDIT: Hurk, there wasn't one. Sent him a PM.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Changing my vote on dabuz. He's steamrolling Dark Horse in the Center Stage. And it seems like he improved his style and level of focus with every post.

Bit troubled by the VM I saw from him where he said he just wants a pink name, though ;_;

eschemat: +2/-1 - Leaving this one untouched, unsure
dabuz: +2/-1 - Thumbs up. Plenty of room for improvement but none that can't be ironed out right here.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'd have to go line by line, dude. I really don't have the time.

But in general you have a tendency in that debate to [accidentally] strawman a bit. I say accidentally because I don't think you're trying to do it. But your rebuttals fall short of throwing his assertions into doubt, for me, leaving the assertions standing taller. Meanwhile I find his rebuttals more satisfactory than your assertions, more often than not.

Nothin' against you or nothin' like that.

Yup.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Dabuz does seem to be winning the debate so far, but I must give credit to Dark Horse. It must be hard as hell to debate against violent video games.

Dabuz needs some more time, but he'll be ready soon.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Would that be a -1 from you, a +-0, or a "don't talk **** about Total"?

And yeah total credit to Horsey since I'm sure he's not even debating a stance he agrees with.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Did some reading, I like

eschemat: +3/-1 - Liking what I see, for the most part. Definitely a positive contributor with adequate rational thinking and whatnot.
dabuz: +2/-1 - Thumbs up. Plenty of room for improvement but none that can't be ironed out right here.

Also, Namaste is in. For some reason picturing his name in pink makes me think of Hawaiian leis.

"Namaste, and... good luck!"

No one will get this reference

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
dabuz seems to have lasted against DH's persistent one-liners, anyone think he needs more time?

+1 from me.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Close ones:

eschemat: +3/-1 (+KG, Dragoon, EE; -Acrostic)
dabuz: +2/-1 (+EE, Suc; -Acrostic)

If we're doing the "3 more yeses than nos" system, they each need one more yes.

EDIT: Eh, after rereading some of dabuz's posts, I'm starting to get less sure. For now I am going to remove my decision (not reverse, but remove).

Bob Jane T-Mart

Smash Ace
'Twas a good post that. I'd add something like, things can't begin to exist, conservation of matter and energy. Furthermore, due to quantum fluctuations, things begin to exist, without a reason, but yeah, that was a good post.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Saget in my opinion was consistent in a lot of posts and overall was a conscientious debater.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't bob saget let in because of his latest post in his debate vs. dre?

No offense bob.
It was only one reason, and he had posted well many times before.

Saget in my opinion was consistent in a lot of posts and overall was a conscientious debater.
This. Although I'm disappointed at the number of "I'm busy, so I'll post stuff later" posts in the recycling thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom