• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jedi Council

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well I wish I could give you a boys a nice fancy topic with red velvet cupcakes and champagne, but I'm just not that classy and there's not much to say.

The Social Thread, however, is getting way too scatterbrained trying to manage nomination and casual debate chatter simultaneously. Dunno how it ever did, really. I guess you guys weren't nominating as fervently when people were rarely getting in, heh.

But, no longer! Suggest and discuss people here who can resist the temptation of poor argumentation the Dark Side!

First pitches: CStick and Omnicron. Go!

As before I like CStick. Need to read up on Omnicron.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
CStick and Omnicron were active when I was still trying to hustle into the DH.

Needless to say, they need a little more time.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Let in CStick and Omnicron; they'll both do fine. I also think V (which will be the way I refer to the PGer with many Vs in his name) should be let in.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've liked just about everyone in the PG. I don't think it should exist. People in there more more than capable of having a rational debate. And if they prove otherwise, boot them.

Meanwhile, I don't have posting abilities in the PG...

blazedaces

Smash Lord
philly, PA, aim: blazedaces, msg me and we'll play
I've liked just about everyone in the PG. I don't think it should exist. People in there more more than capable of having a rational debate. And if they prove otherwise, boot them.

Meanwhile, I don't have posting abilities in the PG...
Glad I'm not the only person who thinks so... also... welcome back AltF4, haven't seen you posting in quite awhile.

Also, ask to join the group in your user cp settings and then PM Evil/Succumbio/Goldshadow/CK about it... that's what I did.

-blazed

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Yeah, most of us agreed that we wanted to get rid of the PG (including myself), but now that we have active mods we'll give it a chance. Right now the DH is maintaining a decent level of activity, so I don't think changes are necessary until we fall back into a state of inactivity. Which hopefully won't happen for a while!

blazedaces

Smash Lord
philly, PA, aim: blazedaces, msg me and we'll play
Yeah, most of us agreed that we wanted to get rid of the PG (including myself), but now that we have active mods we'll give it a chance. Right now the DH is maintaining a decent level of activity, so I don't think changes are necessary until we fall back into a state of inactivity. Which hopefully won't happen for a while!
Agreed.

So I say we just let them in. It can't hurt, and if it does, then we kick them out.

Can I be Obi-Wan?
You want to die and be immortalized as a ghost?

-blazed

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Well sure why not. Better than being Mace Windu and being pushed out of a window and killed or something.

But anyway, I agree with KG too. I don't like the PG personally, but with active mods I don't have too much of a problem with it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Alright I tried to let Omnicron and CStick in, but I don't have a join request from either of them. At any rate, that decision is made and stuff.

Any objections to the Man of Many V's?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Actually I almost have the same feelings as blazed at this point. V, Budget Player Cadet, and rvkevin are all good enough. for the latter two, they might need a bit more time, but honestly we should probably let in anyone who is at least decent. I also remember SuperBowser is a former debater and has adequate skills, but he might not be all that active (which is why he got purged in the first place).

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I again will express my reservations for letting people in who used to be in the PG, then let in the DH after a long period of inactivity.

I kinda see it as a double standard.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Alright I tried to let Omnicron and CStick in, but I don't have a join request from either of them. At any rate, that decision is made and stuff.

Any objections to the Man of Many V's?
I'll send them PMs but they've prolly already read this and submitted their requests.

I again will express my reservations for letting people in who used to be in the PG, then let in the DH after a long period of inactivity.

I kinda see it as a double standard.
Honestly C-Stick and Omnicron are special cases. This isn't really meant to be a let anyone in who was in the PG for a week then disappeared for 6 months and now all of a sudden they can join. Plus I did technically ask them to go through the PG for at least a week or so just to freshen up. Don't worry though, these are 2 special cases.

As for rvkevin I asked him to join the PG on fast track to the DH because honestly I think he's one of the best debaters of SWF, period, and have thought so ever since I first saw him posting in UB.

As for newer PG hopefuls who have remained fairly active, we have three:

VVVVV, lol
SuperBowser
Budget Player Cadet

I leave it to you fine gentlemen to decide their fate.

edit: rvkevin may actually already have a DH request in play, but he made it before his Temp Debater access was granted so I dunno how that affects the request, but if needs to make the request again (or if anyone objects to his membership at this time) then let me know.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Temp Debater and regular Debater requests are totally separate queues that don't affect one another.

EDIT: Let in rvkevin, V, and Omnicron. Didn't see CStick's.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Oh wow, thanks. NaCl just told me I got in.
OH!

My bad, I was thinking of someone else when they said VVVVV. Yeah, you deserve to be in here. :laugh:

How come you haven't got the pink title then?
Because he hasn't gone to User CP -> Group Memberships and identified himself as a Debater at the bottom.

Anyway, BPC and Bowser would both be good additions to the DH.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't get why you said that, I never said it was light red...

Is this some kind of joke I'm not getting?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Processed a few Temp Debater requests so lets keep our eyes on the PG over the next week or so to see if anyone is ready to be a DH member. Also TheMike, creator of the oh-so-popular "Homosexuality" thread has a standing request to join the DH. Thoughts on TheMike?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Yeah, if he doesn't post regularly I wouldn't approve the request. Perhaps send him a PM to let him know that we know he's applied, that we're under some new leadership, and if he's still interested, he can start posting and we'll let him in if he's alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom