• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Interview Topic - #11 ADHD (Interview Up!)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Unfortunately, TwentyTwo has given up ownership of the Interview Thread. He led it very well for a long time, but now I'm taking over. I'm not really making any changes to the formula, but I hope to get each interview finished a bit faster than they had been under TwentyTwo's ownership of the thread.

So here in the General Brawl Discussion we will be bringing you an interview from a Top Player or Influential Member of the Community, hopefully at least 2 times a month.

Better yet, the questions we will be using will be coming from none other than well, you. The format works like this: I will open the thread for each interviewee, and then leave it open for about a week for you to submit any and all potential interview questions you can think of (please only post actual questions in the thread until the interview goes up). The best questions will then be used for the actual interview, and then bam like butter the OP will be updated so all of SWF can read the interview.

UPDATE FEBRUARY 27

Please do not ask personal questions of the interviewee. Ask questions that anyone reading the interview would find interesting. Nothing like "Remember that time where we did blah blah and blah?" Please stick to general questions, or at least questions that aren't specific to just the asker and the interviewee. That's what VMs are for :)

Past Interviews:

M2K
DSF
Anther
Dojo
NinjaLink
Lain
mikeHAZE
SOLID
Ally
ChuDat

Interview:

Vrael: How are you doing?

I'm good, you?

SRTM: How is your life outside of brawl?

Different than most top smashers. I get good grades, actually have friends, am attractive to the opposite sex, and play music.

SRTM: How do you balance the two?

It's hard, I don't really. Usually, one is always slacking at certain points.

TLMSheikant: How did you get so good, Wyatt?

Obsession.

ice_cream_man: Did you know before you played brawl that you were going to use Diddy Kong?

I wanted to try him out, but I didn't think I would main him.

Vrael: If you could change one thing about Diddy, what would it be?

The air lag on his fair aerial. I can't imagine how devistating it would be if diddy could fair twice in a short hop, or let alone if the lag was relieved when you use it higher up above.

ForTheLulz: How did you become such a beast in the Metaknight matchup?

I live in New Jersey ^_^

MetalMusicMan: What advice can you give to other smashers about how to tackle the MK Matchup?

Just know your options, and what to punish. Be prepared for tornado, and know everything your character can do against it. I'd suggest camping, because it's not like metaknight has good approaches.

Mota: Do you have a quest? If so, what is it?

To be the very best.

Sai90: Any advice keeping calm in a stressful match?

Not really, use your frustration to make you improve against that trouble char. Just think mid-match to not throw out punishable things no matter how angry you are, and I can't see anything going too badly.

Vrael: How do you feel about teams matches? Do you have any specific strategies? Any favorite team mates?

Doubles I don't enjoy as much as singles, because I like relying on myself and ONLY myself. Diddy kong is decent in doubles, but I don't really have much strategy to it. Gnes is definitely more doubles oriented than me. My favorite team mates are Ally, and co18 :)

King Funk: Do you know any underrated, up-and-coming players who we have to watch out for in the near future?

I wish I could think of anyone besides Nairo. He is too young right now, though.

Bengals: Are there any characters that you think are bound to make a large jump in popularity soon because they aren't popular as of now, or aren't being used correctly?

Ice climbers will make everyone pull their hair out once people start to really focus on non-grabbing things, while perfect the chaingrabs. Luigi should raise.. alot, lol.

Ciro67: Who's best out of you, M2K or Ally, in your opinion?

I don't know, most likely Ally. Right now, we can all beat eachother.

Fogo: Do you have any pre-tournament rituals that you do before playing to get in the "zone"?

Get alot of sleep, and eat before important matches. I play consistent throughout the day as long as I get 8 hours.

ice_cream_man: Why do you play standing up?

Because it's so pro.

Volcanic Doomfire: How do you feel about Ninjalink?

He is cool.

JOE!: As one of our top players, what are your thoughts on projects such as Brawl + or Balanced Brawl that attempt to "balance" the game?

I think they are silly, and sometimes get out of hand. If people enjoy them alot then I guess that's fine, but I really hope they don't ever become too popular enough to be all the time at major events.

mobilisq: Are there any games other than Brawl that you play often?

FF games XD, that's all. I'm seriously waiting for the Other M to come out, though!

Mota: What's your favourite item of clothing?

The face is all that matters, and I'd prefer if everyone took their clothes off, anyway.

Vrael: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Chocolate chip mint!

Thanks!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
How did you reach such a high level of play with Diddy Kong?

Walk us through your brawl career. Your first tournament, your challenges, your obvious improvements, people that helped you along the way, and your inspirations.

(@ Vrael this is more of a ending question)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Oh wait I'm supposed to answer this? LMAO okay. I'm so cool.

How did you reach such a high level of play with Diddy Kong?

Well, I basically played on the aib wifi ladder trying to get to 2,000 points. In the process, the stream of offline tourneys in this region boosted the time it took me to get to that goal. I attempted to beat the players I previously couldn't at the start such as atomsk, keitaro, inui, etc. I just remembered everything from the sets before-hand and went into new sets doing better every single time. Eventually, my name started to become known as I attended events in NJ, NY, and eventually MD/VA. My first tourney results went from 13th, to 7th, to 5th, to 5th again, and then they just sky rocketed. I wanted to be as good as dark rain in melee with captain falcon, or dashizwiz with falco--just with diddy kong in brawl. It's getting there.. Pierce7d helped alot by teaching me the marth matchup, which evidently helped with fighting the entire cast. Some habits that are bad against marth should be eliminated against everyone else.

Do you think Diddy should be above Snake on the tier list?

No, I firmly believe diddy is third and has a very slight lead over the ice climbers with the CURRENT metagame. Metaknight and snake are above everyone else in their own little tier-***** castle.

How did it feel to win Pound 4? How did you expect to finish going in?

I legitimately didn't feel anything, nobody gave any care, and as a result I didn't. I'm envious of melee's hype, mango must feel pretty good winning huge events with so much crowd drama.. they probably feel like real victories.

JOE!

Smash Hero
(i tried asking ally this, but he didnt understand the question I guess)

As one of our top players, qhat are your thoughts on projects such as Brawl + or Balanced Brawl that attempt to "balance" the game?

Smedwicks

Smash Cadet
How do you think the tier list would change if Diddy had 5 jumps like Meta Knight? Do you think it would be a gross change in Diddy's favor, stuff would stay relatively the same, or by some freak chance, lower his viability in the metagame?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Are there any characters that you think are bound to make a large jump in popularity soon because they aren't popular as of now, or aren't being used correctly?

Do you think your placements will change if MK is banned? What about other Diddys?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@ADHD:

You're meant to wait and let all the questions come in. Then Vrael will collect them up and pass them onto you to do in one sitting.

I think that's how it works anyhow. lol.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
@ADHD:

You're meant to wait and let all the questions come in. Then Vrael will collect them up and pass them onto you to do in one sitting.

I think that's how it works anyhow. lol.
Yeah, wait until we get a bunch and then I'll pick the best ones and send them to you. The thread is just used to accumulate questions, don't worry about answering them now. :)

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
lol @ ADHD's quick response, haha :)

Okay, my questions:

- What advice can you give to other smashers about how to tackle the MK Matchup?

- How do you feel about Diddy's current placement on the tier list, where do you think he should be?

- What do you feel are Diddy's hardest matchups and why?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Never thought of using my eyes!
****, no wonder I kept falling of the stage!

Anyway, Qeustions..
What do you think about the MU vs. Jigglypuff? Do you have any expierence with it?

Moozle

Smash Champion
Who is your favorite peach? ( <3 )

What is your hardest low/mid tier matchup (if any).

What is your favorite beverage?

What is your favorite candy?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
What's your favourite item of clothing?

Have you evar slept stark naked? why not?

Any words you find funny solely on the way they sound? like 'moist' and 'fondle'. :)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Rate your Ganstaness on a scale of 1-10. Not a stereotypical gangsta with baggy jeans etc. A lot of people don't know Ganstacity is more like a feeling. Like a "eff you i'm gangsta and i can eat my corn flakes with mountain dew because i'm gangsta." It's like a do things your way and everybody else better recognize sorta thing. So rate it outta 10. How gangsta are you?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
ADHD, which character do you feel is Diddy's worst matchup, and how bad is it in your opinion?

And what are you favorite, and least favorite stages?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
If Captain Falcon or Ganondorf were S Tier in Brawl, would you switch your main to either of them?

tocador

Smash Lord
How does it feel to be so awesome???

How do you make people fall in all the traps you put up as diddy?

What is the secret of diddy?

And how does it feel to win a national with diddy?

MxT

Smash Rookie
- What are some of Diddy's most underrated moves?

- What is your personal worst match-up?

- Favorite counter picks?

Ciro67

Smash Cadet
Who do you think is the best Brawl player?

Who's best out of you, M2K or Ally?

Top Bottom