• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Imperial Legion, MD/VA crew. Xanadu Tuesdays, Legionary Wednesdays

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
During Shadow Evade B (Bloody Terror): easier to evade sideways.
THANKS NAMCO. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED. WORSE TRACKING FOR ONE OF THE CHARACTERS WITH THE WORST TRACKING IN THE GAME. Also Shadow Evade A being unsafe on block (it was +0 before) was needless.

Hopefully PrepK buffs should make up for it, since PrepK tracks pretty well and now actually has a real reward on non-wall hit. PrepK stun and PrepBBB stun on CH should also open the way for more worthwhile combos other than 22B -> 3(B) -> PrepBB(BE). Hell I might find myself actually using meter for 33K(BE).

Bandit

Smash Lord
THANKS NAMCO. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED. WORSE TRACKING FOR ONE OF THE CHARACTERS WITH THE WORST TRACKING IN THE GAME. Also Shadow Evade A being unsafe on block (it was +0 before) was needless.

Hopefully PrepK buffs should make up for it, since PrepK tracks pretty well and now actually has a real reward on non-wall hit. PrepK stun and PrepBBB stun on CH should also open the way for more worthwhile combos other than 22B -> 3(B) -> PrepBB(BE). Hell I might find myself actually using meter for 33K(BE).
I ate pasta, took a dump, then ate more pasta...

Guess what is coming next? How about that combo?

Bandit

Smash Lord
Just FYI, I quit League of Legends unless we have a premade. Worst community on the planet, and it isn't worth my time dealing with trolls, randoms, baddies, and altogether power thirsty nerds with no life other than a keyboard.

I'll be playing Mass Effect and Rocksmith if you need me.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You should play Doom with us. We've been playing it quite a bit recently. Sooo fun.

I'm also looking for someone to play Little Ninja Brothers (old NES co-op action RPG) with via netplay if anyone is interested. Add Skype commentary and it'll make for a pretty sweet livestream.

D

Deleted member

You should play Doom with us. We've been playing it quite a bit recently. Sooo fun.

I'm also looking for someone to play Little Ninja Brothers (old NES co-op action RPG) with via netplay if anyone is interested. Add Skype commentary and it'll make for a pretty sweet livestream.
if you guys do a tales of symphonia stream i'll play with you guys. no spoilers i promise. :)

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I ate pasta, took a dump, then ate more pasta...

Guess what is coming next? How about that combo?
The correct notation for that is [Pasta -> dash -> dump]x10

The Pasta Loop.

Reject Logic is just too scattered right now. I'm playing KoA (and being really sick), Matt's on Mass Effect, and Adam is still on his SWTOR kick. Tyler's been the only one that none of us but Matt can ever contact, and Seb just has ****ty internet. Wrestlemania weekend though...gonna bring my comp and it will be on.

Also if you think my KoA kick was bad, just wait till Diablo 3 comes out in a month and a half...

Bandit

Smash Lord
The correct notation for that is [Pasta -> dash -> dump]x10

The Pasta Loop.

Reject Logic is just too scattered right now. I'm playing KoA (and being really sick), Matt's on Mass Effect, and Adam is still on his SWTOR kick. Tyler's been the only one that none of us but Matt can ever contact, and Seb just has ****ty internet. Wrestlemania weekend though...gonna bring my comp and it will be on.

Also if you think my KoA kick was bad, just wait till Diablo 3 comes out in a month and a half...
I will be in New Jersey Friday and Saturday and Sunday morning getting drunk and drafting a fantasy baseball team. I will return Sunday during the day to run my baseball practice, then meet up to do Wrestlemania that evening.

It wasn't my choice for weekends, and it is the first time I am doing a pay league for fantasy baseball (and drafting live in person), so I didn't have much say.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sounds good to me if you can take the MARC so I don't have to deal with Friday afternoon traffic again.

When's the next bonfirrrrre? The weather is so friggin nice.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
http://8wayrun.com/threads/apr-7-20...tles-at-the-copabanana-philadelphia-pa.12266/

Holy crap, a Philadelphia event with Soul Calibur 5 that's actually *in* Philly instead of 20-30 minutes away from it. I wonder if I can sucker anyone (TH) into joining me.

Also apparently Tira got overnerfed really hard for no justifiable reason from what I'm hearing. Gonna have to make some earnest effort to cheese with her if I want to keep up with Elysium.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yo Chuck, I'm coming up to Westminster tomorrow morning to do my taxes. Dunno how long it's gonna take, but do you wanna hang out after? Or at least go to BWW or something?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I might as well mention that I have a CRT lying around up for grabs. If anyone needs one, here it is.

You'll likely have to drive aaaaaallllllllllll the way out here to get it though. Especially if I can't get an opportunity to pop by JCs and at least get it there to make the drive less painful for everyone lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Eh that's kinda far, and we already have a bunch of good-size CRTs. Let us know the next time you can come up though and we'll throw a smashfest.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Yo Chuck, I'm coming up to Westminster tomorrow morning to do my taxes. Dunno how long it's gonna take, but do you wanna hang out after? Or at least go to BWW or something?
Practice is canceled, so I should be free. Sorry I have been scarce lately but with the new job, class, and baseball I really only have 1 productive day a week and that is Saturdays. I'm hoping to free myself up here soon after I get some of these projects around the house done to get down to hang out with you guys again.

Spent all morning today out in the rain planting grass seed, then I took the dog to get groomed. Now, I'm cleaning the entire house (since that hasn't been done in forever). Basically, my Saturdays are work days for the house, but like I said, I'm going to free myself up here soon.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
so im employed and barely making money again, so i might be showing up from time to time after the paychecks coming waddling in ;)

ps - dont shoot me when im dancing

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sweet, looking forward to it. You may wanna try to carpool with Chuck though, since we're now almost an hour farther from you.

TH, I bought G5's other albums off Amazon, sooo good. You gotta come check em out this weekend.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Sweet, looking forward to it. You may wanna try to carpool with Chuck though, since we're now almost an hour farther from you.

TH, I bought G5's other albums off Amazon, sooo good. You gotta come check em out this weekend.
PFFFFTTTTTT HAAAAAHAA-....please don't put me with the Cena fans ;_;.

Good stuff with the G5 albums Brett. Are they as beautiful as you expected and then some?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'd say at least half the songs are legitimately amazing, if that's any indication. Now I need to see if I can find more MintJam.

:phone:

cmart

Smash Lord
So since our playerbase for doom is slowly growing, I thought I'd pose this question here.

What mod styles would you guys be interested in playing? With skulltag, we can play pretty much whatever we want, so....

a) classic - old-school levelsets that emulate classic doom looks and gameplay
b) HR (hell-revealed) Style - levelsets that focus on decimating huge numbers of enemies. Usually a bit of overlap with atmospheric
c) Atmospheric - levelsets that focus on architexture, and aesthetics. It may seem an oxymoron, but there have been some pretty and impressive stuff done in the doom (or a modified doom) engine in the last decade or so
d) Modern - levelsets that emulate more modern fps design (to varying degrees)

For the most part difficulty is independent of these categories, but keep in mind that as time has gone on, the bar for difficulty keeps going up in the modder community (most recent levelsets have a disturbing tendency to kick my *** :\ )

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'd personally prefer classic Doom. Based off of previous sessions, HR would, more than likely, result in me being nothing but cannon fodder. Although I'd be of some use, meeting my demise in every other room -- be it through heavily abundant enemy spawns or fault of my own -- would only drag anyone else playing down, effectively diminishing any pride that I may just have at the moment. That said, I really don't care much about aesthetics, as I have harsh tunnel vision when playing any FPS other than Halo (kind of a pride thing; I simply reject the idea of taking other FPSers seriously, due to being a huge Halo fan), and likely won't be able to take in the work done on each level. The same would obviously apply to the "modern" layout as well.

Anyway, I've finally gotten over my long-standing personal issues (it's almost been eight months since they'd began) and, coincidentally, DDD was confirmed for Demo 2 this morning. Thus, my seemingly perpetual depression has finally ended, and I won't be as awkward to socialize or play with (I have the motivation to take things seriously more often >.>).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You coming over Friday?

I'd like to do a serious no-respawn run of Doom 1 and 2 at some point. Probably not for everyone though.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'm infamous for being a horrible teammate. While it isn't as obvious, I'm pretty sure Ryoko was referring to the speed boost fail, due to teaming with me for a good couple of hours; although, either could work, and would be hilarious, regardless.

cmart

Smash Lord
DAMN
that one bufalo was like - I'm getting edgeguarded, and the other was like - tipper fsmash *****

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So who's coming over this weekend and when? I'm thinking Doom tonight and Smash tomorrow. And I kinda wanna watch Battle Royale at some point. I've had an urge to watch it ever since I found out that this "Hunger Games" thing is basically baby's first Battle Royale.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'll only be over later today. Tomorrow, I have a few non-hentai engagements to tend to, and Sunday I'll be driving for most of the day. I sort of feel like being a good teammate in Doom, so I'll bring my charger this time (still don't have a mouse, but I should be able to buy one, soon).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Fraid not. The band was good, but TH got ****faced and we had to leave. We did talk to some fine *****es for a few minutes though.

Top Bottom