• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Imperial Legion, MD/VA crew. Xanadu Tuesdays, Legionary Wednesdays

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So what's everyone doing this weekend? I know Sypher's having a tourney but space is limited and it's just Melee.

:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
God I feel like such an idiot.

I'm in Boston on a trip and COMPLETELY didn't notice Pax East was here this weekend. Now I'm sitting here like fffffffff because all the tickets are sold out.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Xenoblade... tomorrow... my body... it's not quite ready, yet.

Dunno whether I should drown myself in that or go play Smash with you guys. Oh, and I finished completely playing through Chrono Trigger yesterday. I feel as if I should be sentenced to death for making such rash comments about that Super Saiyan-level masterpiece (still pales in comparison to FF7, tho).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
@ JCz I'm down. What system will that be for again?
Everything except Wii. Dunno if your computer will be able to handle it, and the first one was released on Mac several months after the PC version, so unfortunately our best option may be Xbox, if I ever get one (but I plan to get a big *** plasma screen TV first).

Xenoblade... tomorrow... my body... it's not quite ready, yet.

Dunno whether I should drown myself in that or go play Smash with you guys. Oh, and I finished completely playing through Chrono Trigger yesterday. I feel as if I should be sentenced to death for making such rash comments about that Super Saiyan-level masterpiece (still pales in comparison to FF7, tho).
I could almost forgive you, but I can't forgive your nostalgia goggles for thinking that FF7 is better than Chrono Trigger. Turns out it's a pretty common condition though. Out of curiosity, where did you stop when you first misjudged Chrono Trigger? I'm gonna guess before 12,000 B.C.

Oh, and I found out I was off about the connection between Chrono Trigger and the Xeno games. It wasn't the developers, just the composer, Mitsuda. He was the main composer for both Chrono games and Xenogears, and did some work on Xenosaga and Xenoblade.

One funny thing I did find out in the course of my research though, was that the story used for Xenogears was originally supposed to be Final Fantasy 7, but Square felt that it was "too dark and complicated for a fantasy," so they let Takahashi make it into Xenogears as a side project.

Edit: unnecessary.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You missed a lot of the stuff that really sets Chrono Trigger apart from other RPGs then.

CTL17

Smash Lord
I still need to beat Chrono Trigger. I stopped after recruiting Magus after Chrono died, and then I was too indecisive to continue.
/spoiler

D

Deleted member

i got to the end of time and left JC there, and then i went to some village of *******s and thats when i stopped playing.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The SNES version? You know it's worth more than double that, right?

Let the Xenoblade hypetrain begin though. Jeremy Parish has been my absolute favorite video game critic for a couple years now, and this is just a pre-review.

9K, you should just play Xenoblade over here tomorrow, so I can watch/stream/commentate. You would have to bring your Wii though for the save files, but you wouldn't have to bring cables. Plus then we could switch to smash whenever.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Nah, I always do blind single player playthroughs alone. I'm just going to ***** out of that offer, and screw up my sleep cycle tonight, by playing Xenoblade until I legitimately become bored with it.

I might end up over there for Smash, though.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
The SNES version? You know it's worth more than double that, right?

Let the Xenoblade hypetrain begin though. Jeremy Parish has been my absolute favorite video game critic for a couple years now, and this is just a pre-review.

9K, you should just play Xenoblade over here tomorrow, so I can watch/stream/commentate. You would have to bring your Wii though for the save files, but you wouldn't have to bring cables. Plus then we could switch to smash whenever.
It's actual value is $59.99 typically

Of course, i'm not going to pay that. I'll probably nab it from between 41-45 as that's the average on ebay

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I checked on ebay and it was $70, though I didn't look very hard. Either way, no one in their right mind would sell it for $30.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Dumb buy it nows are that high. I can get one as low as 53 currently. One went for $40 a while ago. Also, torn or damaged labels help reduce the price, I usually pursue those as long as it is good on top and the game works.

D

Deleted member

Dumb buy it nows are that high. I can get one as low as 53 currently. One went for $40 a while ago. Also, torn or damaged labels help reduce the price, I usually pursue those as long as it is good on top and the game works.

if you don't care, burn it to a wii and be done with it.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I got it, $51 including shipping. And yes, i'm actually collecting. I have Chrono Trigger on my VC (i did steal that) and the DS version. Now I have all versions except for chronicles, which is pretty cheap so i'll just get that whenever. That version also sucks hard core due to load times.

Not bad all things considered. Im selling a camera i've never used that i won from my job valued at 400 to pay for it.

Next up, Megaman 7.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So cmart and I are moving to one of the nice new apartments in the next building over this weekend. We could use an extra pair of hands for the heavy stuff. So, who's up for a moving/housewarming party/smashfest this weekend? We'll provide refreshments.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Ugh **** Xenoblade... I haven't left my room for a period of time exceeding 20 minutes since Saturday (shower + food)... and I had this weird dream about irl Mario Party... Haven't called anyone in so long... Ugh, I'm pretty sure that I found my inner world at some point, because I feel oddly closer to myself now... Like, confident in every single one of my thoughts and actions and whatever... THAT, or I'm just going crazy.

Yeah, **** video games. I'm going to stuff my Wii under some stuff in my closet and see full daylight for the rest of this week. If you guys want, I could give you a hand with moving stuff this weekend; don't worry, my stature is pretty deceptive... Plus, I've always wanted to move that couch... That evil, evil couch.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Moving day is Saturday, so unfortunately there's not much we can do on Friday. At least nothing productive.

How far are you 9K (in spoiler-free terms please)?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Wait what? Who the **** is Gohma, and why on Earth are you grinding? The first half of the game is not hard. You should definitely not need to grind at all.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Eh I wouldn't consider a that boss a spoiler. Story-related bosses yes, but not the random cave monsters.

I assure you, doing all the sidequests for the first half of the game will make you borderline overleveled without any grinding necessary (and the sidequests give you a lot more experience and loot a lot faster than straight grinding anyway). Things get a lot tougher in the second half, but grinding now is pretty pointless.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
9K you wanna come over tonight? I took the day off work tomorrow so I can stay up late tonight.

Top Bottom