• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Imperial Legion, MD/VA crew. Xanadu Tuesdays, Legionary Wednesdays

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
****ing finally, I've been trying to find his ***** *** for forever. Keep getting excalipurr.

What's the plan for saturday? I'm staying with my college buddies to play Halo friday.
From the sound of it, we're going to be at Waffle's then. Forget Halo though, come with us instead.

Thunderhorse is actually a pokemon now

New addition to his team
No doubt. Now that his base stats have been revealed, he looks legit.

His movepool will probably be **** though, being a quadrupedal mono-electric type.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I wanna spend time with my other friends. :(

Also, the black gym leader using afrobull can't nearly be as bad as the black girl swinging around on vines and ****, being described as a jungle girl.

Does Japan not understand the art of subtlety or something? First RE5, then this. Next they're gonna have a pokemon in pure blackface or some ****.

*looks at Jynx*

.....-_-

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Amazing.

Also, not sure how true this is, but Iris (the jungle girl) is apparently the eighth Gym Leader, and uses dragon type pokemon.

Bit of a wtf right there.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
It's true. Scans from the manual confirmed it. Also explains why she's rolling with a Kibago in the anime.

Well I should correct myself. It's half true. She's only the 8th gym leader in Pokemon White. In Pokemon Black, her grandpa is the gym leader.

Ononokusu looks scary as **** and reaches that stage at about level 48, which is around the level you'd expect gym leader Pokemon to be at come the final gym.

If the gym leader isn't stupid and keeps Dragon Dance on it from when it was a Kibago, we're ****ed.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I saw that things base stats.

What the **** was GF thinking giving a mono dragon type 147 base attack, 97 base speed, and DD?

Actually, the base stats for all of these new pokemon look ridiculous. I'm wondering how the Gen 4 and older pokemon will keep up.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I wanna spend time with my other friends. :(
That's fine, hang with them this weekend. I just like to make it count when I'm traveling that far, so I'd much rather go up on Friday.

Waffle, you have fast internet for a livestream, right? Just double-checking.

Unrelated:

Guess what? The Batsureg priest has his own Public Access show on Sunday mornings! Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwsWskgKe5E

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I think he was trying to say he doesn't have fast internet. Obviously he has some sort of internet, otherwise how could he get on SWF.

Whether it's fast enough to support a decent quality stream is something else entirely.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Thunderhorse has legs, unless the metagame changes or he has the ability levitate earthquake is going to give him trouble. I gotta admit thunderhorse does look like a legit pokemon.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
i have a very fast connection, but its not wifi. if you wanna hook up youre more than welcome to just bring a lan cable.

friday night is fine, just call before you get here. if you dont still have my address text me for it because im not posting it up here

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah I'm gonna need your address.

No wifi is not a problem. I have a long cable I can bring. I prefer it to be wired anyway. The stream will be better.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Thunderhorse has legs
Well aren't you the sweetheart ;)

Thunderhorse has something better than levitate: Motor Drive. Paired with 75/100/63/80 63/116 and Wild Volt, it's gonna do some big damage as long as it gets a decent movepool (which more likely than not it won't, but oh well).

There's also Magnet Rise though if you're really hard-pressed. Never stopped Jolteon from getting it despite him being a quadruped. Not to mention he's fast enough to punish a predictable EQ. But he won't live through much anyway.

EDIT: Also some cool other things just popped up

TM72: Volt Change, special, switches out your pokemon after attacking

TM79 Ice Breath, will always land a critical hit. Base Power: 40

New item: Pumice Stone (halves pokemon’s body weight)

Prevolution Stone (raises Def and Sp Def for unevolved pkmn only)

Aiming Mark (lets you hit opponents that are normally immune ie: poison vs steel)
Aiming Mark is especially cool because now there's no spin-blockers. Get ***** SR.

Yeah I'm gonna need your address.
I should still have it on my phone. But if you already got it from him, no worries.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I DLed the Scott Pilgrim comic books. Actually, the term "graphic novel" really applies here, because each book is a few hundred pages long, and the movie covers 6 books.

Anyway, the movie was extremely faithful to the books, and I have to say these books are a lot better than the Kick-*** books, a lot more detailed and a lot funnier. But yeah, not that it's a big DL or anything, but I have them if anyone wants them.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
I DLed the Scott Pilgrim comic books. Actually, the term "graphic novel" really applies here, because each book is a few hundred pages long, and the movie covers 6 books.

Anyway, the movie was extremely faithful to the books, and I have to say these books are a lot better than the Kick-*** books, a lot more detailed and a lot funnier. But yeah, not that it's a big DL or anything, but I have them if anyone wants them.

the movie Left a lot of things unexplained or did things wrong.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
YOUR MOM DID THINGS WRONG GTFO THAT MOVIE WAS AMAZING!!!
****ING BURN BABY!!!

on that note, i get easily pissed about people complaining that movies are never what the books were. all these *******s walking around acting all superior saying, "oh i read the book" and "well if you had read the book....". **** them. its a 2 hour thing, it cant cover everything from 600 pages of comic and for what they did cover they did a **** good job. respect it for what it is, not what it isnt.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Yeah, the books are great, and from what I've heard, the movie is equally awesome.

Too bad I missed it. :(

Also, Valkenhayn delayed until Next week for US, but not for japan. What kind of bull**** is this. :mad:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The movie was great. It's the reason I decided to read the books. That's how I discovered the books are great too. The Kick-*** books were kinda disappointing but I can't stop reading Scott Pilgrim. And I definitely prefer the movies of both just because they were both amazing and original and truly funny movies, so rare these days.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace

the movie Left a lot of things unexplained or did things wrong.
The movie was great Teru-bro :mad:.

You must be a professional troll like Terumi cuz I mad now. But not because you're stylin on me cause that's what Hazama does.

The more you know.

Yeah, the books are great, and from what I've heard, the movie is equally awesome.

Too bad I missed it. :(

Also, Valkenhayn delayed until Next week for US, but not for japan. What kind of bull**** is this. :mad:
Valkenhayn looks beastin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzk6iJAsrbk

Challenges 6-10 and he can still get about 4k meterless damage even after the loctest.

Too bad his 8k combo is still lower than Hazama's 8.2k-10k combos :3. I have to say I like Valk's style though, but I probably won't be playing him because between Hazama/Jin/Hakumen/Bang/Noel or Makoto/Carl, I have alot of characters that I have to master already :(.

I might pull him out for funsies like I do with Ragna though.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
@ th - you should prolly drop carl and hakumen. carl because hes completely gay, and hakumen because ive already mastered him and you could never hope to amount to my level of mastery.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Hakumen pride match on the weekend of the 14th?

That's k though, I probably won't bust out Hakumen too much. Too many people seem to play him. Yourself. Me. Combo Knight. Cape. LITTLE KNOWN FACT! Hakumen is Cape's main.

...on second thought, maybe I will drop him :urg:.

Also Carl has class. And is completely ****ing insane (which seems to be a prerequisite of BlazBlue characters). But mostly he has class. He's like Hazama before he hit puberty. But he's hard as balls to play.

Lobos

Smash Master
BTW Scott Pilgrim is coming on bluray and dvd in november.....i forgot the date tho but its before the 20th

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Thank god. It left theaters so quickly and there are no good rips online ... I'm starving here!

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
I like how everyone is up and arms, about how I put up the errors of the movie and yet at no point and time did I say the movie was bad, LOL

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
@ comboknight - you claimed the movie had flaws and didnt say you liked it or disliked it. the evidence given lead me and most likely others to believe you did not like it, next time give more info or just accept others interpretations.

@ th - ive played hakumen since day 1 and ive already told you i prefer him in regular as apposed to calamity trig, hes too easy to play now.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Calamity Trigger is the first game. Continuum Shift is the second. But I know what you mean. My gameplan with Haku is space jC or 5C and hope for a counter hit, and go from there. But I do have to say that he is a much better character than in CT. And no one can be as easy as CT Jin or CS Ragna.

I would challenge you to CT Haku pride matches, but I can't play Haku in CT anymore for the same reason I can't play Jin in CT anymore: they're completely different (Jin got nerfed into low tier, Haku got buffed to high tier). And frankly I'd just rather play Hazama anyway :p.

But on another wonderful note:

well, first of all, in these multi-battles, you now have the ability to spell out words with your Unown.

Unown S + Unown E + Unown X

seems like a solid core to me.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Speaking of pokemon, some of this new **** is bonkers. Shell break, butterfly dance, gear change, and coil are all silly. The ghost chandelier getting shadow tag, **** monkey getting a boosted flare blitz from encourage, Jaroda getting a nasty plot boost from leaf storm with contrarian.

Anything else I missed?

Oh yeah, ditto getting eccentric and becoming the best revenge killer ever.

Top Bottom