• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Coffee™

I need it....
Is it really that uncommon for a snake to be below the stage edge? It performs the same function as a grab release but can be performed anywhere, instead of just within grab range on the edge of a stage. Plus you get an added push from the wind box after they've already been pushed out of the cypher. It may be a little situational, but it seems like it would be pretty useful, imo.
Um...I don't understand what you're talking about? Someone explain? I've never seen Up B push snake out of his cypher.. :ohwell:

loki15

Smash Cadet
Like I said, it's potentially a new tech sort of thing. I have a vid, but no way to upload it. If someone can help me get it up I will.

loki15

Smash Cadet
well even if it's new, i dont see how it's useful at all in comparison to a grab
You can't grab in mid air, or under the stage. But it looks as though the grab release animation happens in mid air to snake. Again, I don't know who to ask, but I do have a vid of it. i just need someone to post it for me. I'm also trying to recreate it right now, and I'd like to test if it works with other wind boxes. It appears to work only with the initial, strongest push. Obviously not gamechanging, but about as useful if not more useful than the grab release because it can be used anywhere, rather than just on the edge of a stage, which can also make C4 recovery a lot harder.

I'm not saying it's anything terribly useful, or universal, but every little bit helps.

Again, if anyone can help me with the vid...

Coffee™

I need it....
You can't grab in mid air, or under the stage. But it looks as though the grab release animation happens in mid air to snake. Again, I don't know who to ask, but I do have a vid of it. i just need someone to post it for me. I'm also trying to recreate it right now, and I'd like to test if it works with other wind boxes. It appears to work only with the initial, strongest push. Obviously not gamechanging, but about as useful if not more useful than the grab release because it can be used anywhere, rather than just on the edge of a stage, which can also make C4 recovery a lot harder.

I'm not saying it's anything terribly useful, or universal, but every little bit helps.

Again, if anyone can help me with the vid...
Send me the video.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
a good snake will either air dodge or bair if you get in close enough to get him with the wind push. and its impossible to catch up to snake if hes already over you so im guessing you would have to be next to him to preform this. i can think of this being useful if both pit and snake are recovering at the same time. or to gimp sake under the stage where C4 recovery is not an option.

loki15

Smash Cadet
Send me the video.
Thanks. I'll do that as soon as I have a chance

Don Guero said:
i can think of this being useful if both pit and snake are recovering at the same time. or to gimp sake under the stage where C4 recovery is not an option.
Exactly. Which could be fairly useful I would think.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Alright pits, I am overall a decent pit (no proof tho..lol, dont have recording device)

I know how to pivot grab, wing dash, jj g, pretty much all of that stuff, even wing renewal

one thing I noticed I just don't have down is Stutter F throw to smash. I can't seem to time it right I just try and do it as fast as possible but I don't think that's how you do it.. any help or any AT's you think I might not know, because I noticed F throw > F smash isn't even listed as a Tech to be used. I can't find a vid on how to time it so..

anything that isn't in the pit guide can anyone tell me? So i can practice it before a big tourney I'm going to this Saturday..?

Esca

Smash Champion
It really depends on the character(s) Tetsion.

Fthrow > Fsmash really works on characters that fall faster than most, or heavier characters.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The F-throw to Fsmash scheme doesn't work against Olimar, Jiggs, and Kirby for sure, as well as Wario, from my own experience. I want a test to see if the F-throw to Usmash method works on Olimar, or the others. It probably work on Olimar and Wario, maybe Olimar more, but yea, anything is better than nothing.

Sharky

Smash Master
So I'm a yoshi main who's looking to expand to Pit as a second/comain. Anybody willing to help me out via wifi or something? =)

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
The F-throw to Fsmash scheme doesn't work against Olimar, Jiggs, and Kirby for sure, as well as Wario, from my own experience. I want a test to see if the F-throw to Usmash method works on Olimar, or the others. It probably work on Olimar and Wario, maybe Olimar more, but yea, anything is better than nothing.
I challenge you on Wario.. I played DMG in tournament and hit him with it multiple times

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Maybe I haven't seen Wario in so long that I forgot if it worked on em or not. Very well, then I'll say it doesnt work on Olimar, Kirby, or Jiggs so far, but those chars are not that common anyways.
Actually I am curious if it works on ROB; I kinda ignored doing this on him for some reason.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Alright thx guys, I just hope I dont end up against Ally or spam 2 king. I plan to make it far in this tourney.. wish me luck! (it's tomorrow) hopefully I'll make it to the brackets at least ; )

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I get f'd over on my first tourney. Don't have a ride at all (donno how to get there -.-) that's so aggrivating.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
has ART ever been punished after the slide? It hasn't for me and I wonder if I or (WE) should really pursue this into our play style.
Surprisingly during that tournament I went to (i got a ride last minute, made it JUST in time for pools) ppl got screwed with ART it only happened like once or twice the entire pool. People don't see enough Side B I think. Had Kain and Grimace in my pool ;o and some guy named KenniSpam but he knew who he was, cause he did it a lot more than i ever did :p

I must incorporate spam into my play style, as should other pits imo!

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I'm on my friends wii and I want to do some wifi but I'm not sure how.

I typed admirals code since its under his name but its awaiting registration.

Mine is 1591-4987-8989

I'm not sure if we both have to trade but add me.

Is there more needed?

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
^ Yeah, he needs to add your code as well. I have a question. What are the ideal circumstances needed for Pit to Dtilt an enemy off the ledge (distance, timing, character)? Another thing: any suggestions to up my edge guarding game? Most of the time when I try to edge guard I end up gimped. What's the best way to edge hog without someone's final jump clipping me off the edge?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
^ Yeah, he needs to add your code as well. I have a question. What are the ideal circumstances needed for Pit to Dtilt an enemy off the ledge (distance, timing, character)? Another thing: any suggestions to up my edge guarding game? Most of the time when I try to edge guard I end up gimped. What's the best way to edge hog without someone's final jump clipping me off the edge?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190021<br />

most people who knows his spike won't stay on the edge long but if you know they do, here is your d-tilt chance.

If predict them to:
jump- a good fair or bair.
attack- jump and hover to counter attack
roll- ftilt or something.
detaches ledge then does aerial- run off stage to back air

thats basic edge guard I think

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Nair is actually Pit's quickest aerial. I'm not sure about what the best aerial for DI is, they're all pretty similar so it shouldn't matter too much.
bair<glide OR Airdodge<glide.. Airdodge is better in frame data Esca's informed me, but I've been able to DI to the same %with both and no better with one or the other. It's just which timing you like better I think.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
From my experience and what I heard of, aerial dodges didn't affect momentum.

explain?

glide needs to jump first and sometimes is still sent backward pre glide.
your supposed to jump at the right time after canceling your momentum to enter the little safe pocket in the top corner. but does momentum shifting the glide down help anything?

Esca

Smash Champion
Yep!

Another thing I've been doing is recovering high (as Snake would) and wavebouncing mirror sheild according to where my opponent is.

Input this into your game.

Top Bottom