• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Gonna quote myself from AiB since there's like 0 activity over there in the pit forums:

Stryks said:
Btw I think I found something while playing a cpu DDD

When he's grabbing the edge, when he does a roll, gets up or an attack (because of what I did I can't figure out which one was it) there's a certain frame where he loses his invincibility and I was able to spike him even though he was still in the animation.

If other words if it's true, and if we can time it right, we may have an easier way to kill DDDs now

I can't try it out myself cause I lack someone to help me out, someone try it out
IDK if this works, has been confirmed, or if I'm just seeing things :p

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
If you spiked him, you must have hit him with the d- tilt. The part that spikes.

This works on most characters if they don't do anything or if they press jump, they can get spiked. Works alot when someone tries to ledge attack you by releasing first.

Stryks

Smash Hero
What? no I KNOW that, what I meant was that WHILE I was waiting to try and hit him with a dtilt for the spike, he either roll, attacked or got up from the edge, and WHILE that animation I hit the dtilt and it spiked him when he's supposed to have invincibility frames and can't get spike during the roll/attack/get up animation.

I know a lot about pit I just don't visit here often anymore, trying to change that

Afropony

Smash Lord
I've spiked some people while they were still in some kind of getting up animation. It usually happens when they're above 100% which means they haven't got any invincibility frames when rolling.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah now that I think about it I'm kinda sure he was over 100%
Didn't know this, kinda figured they have complete invincibility during the animation

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
yeah its weird though.
If snake drops a grenade by the edge and pit ledge attack under 100%, he takes the hit.
If pit hits the grenade over 100% he's still invincible. But its so slow and predictable...

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
yeah I really am tired of that question. It should not matter who the best is right now. Because when they get the answer they only go to that person for advice.

IMO what should be happening on the boards is current MU discussions and advancing his meta game, with maybe a little counterpicking on the side where needed.

I get so frustrated with questions like that because overall they are not helping our character move forward

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
yeah I really am tired of that question. It should not matter who the best is right now. Because when they get the answer they only go to that person for advice.

IMO what should be happening on the boards is current MU discussions and advancing his meta game, with maybe a little counterpicking on the side where needed.

I get so frustrated with questions like that because overall they are not helping our character move forward
haha I dunno this guy but i like em already =7.
Not to mention "whos best" is usually subjective. just help the betterment of the board, so we as a pit board can collaborate and succeed in the betterment of the metagame

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
anyway...our boards say snake/pit did say it was 60/40 in our favor..TOTALLY DISAGREE. any advice on it?
Why do you disagree? Is it because snake's man power is far better than pit?

We have a better projectile, better aerial game, better spacing options. Can gimp him easier the he can us. Trust me, we can rack up damage on snake as fast as falco on us. IF you played AS snake, you will be pegged with tons of arrows, worry when knocked off, shooting my grenades will blow up sooner.

Question, why do I see after someone DI's with pit, they still do Bair to momentum cancel? Am I missing something?

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
I'm new to pit boards, and i dont really use pit, but where on pits dtilt should u hit the person with to metoer them?

plz help :-D

Esca

Smash Champion
Why do you disagree? Is it because snake's man power is far better than pit?

We have a better projectile, better aerial game, better spacing options. Can gimp him easier the he can us. Trust me, we can rack up damage on snake as fast as falco on us. IF you played AS snake, you will be pegged with tons of arrows, worry when knocked off, shooting my grenades will blow up sooner.

Question, why do I see after someone DI's with pit, they still do Bair to momentum cancel? Am I missing something?
ALL wrong.

Snake has better projectile, better stage positioning tools, and completely better spacing options. He can't gimp but he can kill us at 108% every stock. Snake can duck arrows and PS them if Pit curves them. Pit's only strategy in that matchup is to stay on the ledge, however, if there's a LG rule then you can't even do that effectively. Pit vs Snake is 6:4 Snake. Not 55:45 and not 65:35.

Pit's best horizontal DI is airdodge > glide. It's in the frame data.

Pit's best vertical DI is airdodge > dair, because it auto fast-falls. It's in the frame data.

ATM, the best Pit is either R@vyn or Kulaid. I'm stuck on World of Warcraft ATM, and I main Diddy again.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
ALL wrong.

Snake has better projectile, better stage positioning tools, and completely better spacing options. He can't gimp but he can kill us at 108% every stock. Snake can duck arrows and PS them if Pit curves them. Pit's only strategy in that matchup is to stay on the ledge, however, if there's a LG rule then you can't even do that effectively. Pit vs Snake is 6:4 Snake. Not 55:45 and not 65:35.

Pit's best vertical DI is airdodge > dair, because it auto fast-falls. It's in the frame data.

ATM, the best Pit is either R@vyn or Kulaid. I'm stuck on World of Warcraft ATM, and I main Diddy again.
agreed. couldn't of put it better.out matchup threads blow =7

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Hold on a tic, could you explain this further?

I thought an aerial allowed us to jump (and therefore glide) out of hitstun sooner than an airdodge, and that was the point of throwing out aerials.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
ALL wrong.

You're just saying that =p

Seriously, no snakes has dominated my pit. Sure he forces you to the ledge easily but, he isn't hard. Charging arrows kills PS timing. Seriously... seriously...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yay Pits think i know the Matchup lol nah for real though i tried to do that fight and i could win sometimes but its hard for pit to be safe vs snake sadly, can't really miss things lol

Hrnut on Gdx's Account

N3rd

Smash Rookie
Is there a recommended controller set up for Pit? I've been using the default as long as I've played, and always pondered switching C-stick to specials...And also, maybe doing something with L-Trigger?

C-stick I hear is crucial for DI'ing though, so should I leave it as Smashes?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Is there a recommended controller set up for Pit? I've been using the default as long as I've played, and always pondered switching C-stick to specials...And also, maybe doing something with L-Trigger?

I used to have up tap off, just to help with arrow looping control.
Now I leave it default to improve my control in the air with it.

special with c stick is useless in my opinion.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman

i have tap jump off for arrow looping and easier Utilting. i also switched x to grab but thats just me.

btw your words are hard to read. lol

N3rd

Smash Rookie
Airdodging neutralizes momentum and gliding progresses your forward just as quickly as anything else does.

That confuses me as well...I USED to air-dodge first..But then heard that an aerial such as D-air works much better?

Or is air-dodging just better for a particular direction in DI'ing?

Coffee™

I need it....
Air dodges are only better if they end faster than your characters aerials. I don't think Gliding is helpful at all as far as stopping momentum is concerned, since you drift backwards before starting to Glide. I haven't tested it but it's just something I've noted while playing.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Air dodges are only better if they end faster than your characters aerials. I don't think Gliding is helpful at all as far as stopping momentum is concerned, since you drift backwards before starting to Glide. I haven't tested it but it's just something I've noted while playing.
ive used Bair and airdodging both and noticed that they both work equally, but the airdodge has to be timed perfect. i was used to bair so i continue to use it

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Bair seems counterproductive to the idea since it stays out so long... the object is to have it end the fastest so you can jump to counteract momentum, isn't it?

Top Bottom