• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Its a great move, I wouldn't say "spam" it, but it can be great for spacing, and getting damage up/decent distance hits.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
does pits Ftilt have any useful applications? its seems too slow.

also, is Usmash really a bad move? i have played some good Pits that make good use of it. and alot of people tell me to use it more.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
F-tilt and Usmash are both underrated moves, though considered to be 2 of Pit's worst moves. F-tilt does have some good range, though kinda laggy. I find myself using it often against opponents doing a "Get up from the ledge" attack.
As for Usmash, idk. I probably use it sometimes if I want an opponent in the air, but situations are difficult sometimes. Well, at least Pit's Usmash is better than MK's, though that aint saying much.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
does pits Ftilt have any useful applications? its seems too slow.

also, is Usmash really a bad move? i have played some good Pits that make good use of it. and alot of people tell me to use it more.
F-tilt, F-air, and even side B hits all about the same time, how you space them is what matters.

Out range kirby, made my friend quit kirby because pit was just all around better except power.

Kirby just looks predictable.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
Like Admiral said, ftilt is good when predicting what your opponent is getting on from the ledge, and can somtimes be used to kill. Fsmash is okay, but in most situations Ftilt is better.

Kirby's smashes are very predictable so it's hard for him to catch ya with one. his Bair is his bread and butter so just attack when you know your safe. don't try to beat it. you can also reflect his upb up close when a Kirby does it to grab edge and he'll die

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
If Kirby is really predictable while using Bair, why don't you just shield grab? That way, if he's at a low percentage, you could then start using Chain Grab. I think it's a good strategy.
a good kirby does a spaced bair. and thats what i have the most trouble with, spacing. i can never be in control of a match when im playing a kirby.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, though I wouldnt specifically talk bout matchups here, Kirby is difficult since he's small, and trying to shoot him is hard for that same reason. You just gotta take your time, and try spacing F-airs. With Pit's disjointed F-air, it should rival his moves with the right timing (not sure). It may not be much but try it out.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Kirby's Bair would beat Pit's Fair.

Just try to mix it up with the shield, maybe fair or an arrow if you're having trouble against a spammy Kirby. Maybe even try rolling behind them , just be unpredicatable IMO.

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
His bair should beat out our fair most of the time. The best thing in my opinion would be one of two things. One either counter that by full hopping a Dair over him because our dair will beat his bair every time. The other option is to get underneath of him. Here we are safe from his bair and from above his only means of attacking are very predictable

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
Well, though I wouldnt specifically talk bout matchups here,
ive gone to the matchup thread but it looks kinda dead. and the matchup list doesnt look complete cuz some of the ratios and discriptions arent there. is that still the place to go to talk about matchups? or is there a new thread?

His bair should beat out our fair most of the time. The best thing in my opinion would be one of two things. One either counter that by full hopping a Dair over him because our dair will beat his bair every time. The other option is to get underneath of him. Here we are safe from his bair and from above his only means of attacking are very predictable
thx i did not know that :)

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
ive gone to the matchup thread but it looks kinda dead. and the matchup list doesnt look complete cuz some of the ratios and discriptions arent there. is that still the place to go to talk about matchups? or is there a new thread?

That's because we haven't gotten to Kirby yet. right now we have Falco, G & W, Wario, and Ike (Which no one is really making contributions too) and wants those are entirley dry and we have a solid matchup and % favor we'll start some new chars. be patient :]

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
That's because we haven't gotten to Kirby yet. right now we have Falco, G & W, Wario, and Ike (Which no one is really making contributions too) and wants those are entirley dry and we have a solid matchup and % favor we'll start some new chars. be patient :]
is the contribution part just for pros? or can semi-pros contribute as well?

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
alright, this question has been bugging me for quite a while now. what exactly is "broken" about pit? it seems that all other characters have a strong advantage with range and hitboxes and such. i know pit has (IMO) the best projectile in the game and awesome recovery, but what else does he have going for him?

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
alright, this question has been bugging me for quite a while now. what exactly is "broken" about pit? it seems that all other characters have a strong advantage with range and hitboxes and such. i know pit has (IMO) the best projectile in the game and awesome recovery, but what else does he have going for him?
nothing in particular. i guess in relaity he has the most advantages to guard the edge due to wing refresh, but other then that he isn't "broken"

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
what should follow up a dair at low percentages? it seems that the opponent always has a frame advantage. is it even a good move at low percetages?
**** this guy is full of questions :]. yeah its a good approach, fast with good range. if you land fair or another dair are probably your best choices unless you jump completely over their head. If you do that you can follow up with a bair

Esca

Smash Champion
After you dair someone at low %, it's more than likely they're going to hit you before you can get a second aerial off. Due to the lack of hitstun it gives.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
After you dair someone at low %, it's more than likely they're going to hit you before you can get a second aerial off. Due to the lack of hitstun it gives.
OH it gives decent hitstun, its just the mechanics in this games lets you evade or attack with an aerial before the hitstun ends. Maybe to help momentum cancels.

It takes too much control for pit to seem broken I think.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
well lemme answer this one

dair was one of the moves i very seldomly used (along with u-smash and angel ring) because of brawls mechanics you cant really combo with it but something i did do once in a while is dair to punish lag or something and uair below them

tekkie

Smash Master
can someone explain the CG and what it does to Wolf? is there a thread for it? what percentages does it start/stop, what is guaranteed, is there a way to DI out, etc.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I am not certain on percentages.

Pit has the F-throw CG on Wolf probably till 30% (again, not certain on percentages). The easiest way for you to escape it is probably if you try DI + Down-B, and when the Pit moves slow enough that you can escape it.
Pit can use F-throw to Stutterstep Fsmash for a quick 29-30% (when both moves are fresh). He might be able to do another F-throw before the Fsmash, but once again, I am not certain. He could use the F-throw method if he wants you closer to being off stage.
Just be careful when you're below 20% just to make sure.

The opponent should start at 0% for the best results

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ask one of the others; they might be able to know. Some say air release to Dash attack, but I aint even sure. MK should be ground-released if he doesn't struggle while being held.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
Ask one of the others; they might be able to know. Some say air release to Dash attack, but I aint even sure. MK should be ground-released if he doesn't struggle while being held.
sounds difficult :/ ill just stick to the simpler stuff

btw sorry about the double post. either my internet or the website failed, made it look like i was editing while i was posting, didnt show the post untill i double posted, and didnt show that i edited the second post.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
I am not certain on percentages.

Pit has the F-throw CG on Wolf probably till 30% (again, not certain on percentages). The easiest way for you to escape it is probably if you try DI + Down-B, and when the Pit moves slow enough that you can escape it.
Pit can use F-throw to Stutterstep Fsmash for a quick 29-30% (when both moves are fresh). He might be able to do another F-throw before the Fsmash, but once again, I am not certain. He could use the F-throw method if he wants you closer to being off stage.
Just be careful when you're below 20% just to make sure.

The opponent should start at 0% for the best results
Fthrow<fthrow< stutter fmash for like 4-45% on wolf,fox,gannon. snake,DK, Bowser,D3,Falcon,Charizard, and Link

loki15

Smash Cadet
Just wondering if this has been seen before. I haven't done a terribly in depth search of the pit boards, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Pit can wing push Snake out of upb. This isn't really a question of whether this occurs or not, just whether this is common knowledge. Can someone please verify this? I have a vid if necessary, just no way to upload it.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering if this has been seen before. I haven't done a terribly in depth search of the pit boards, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Pit can wing push Snake out of upb. This isn't really a question of whether this occurs or not, just whether this is common knowledge. Can someone please verify this? I have a vid if necessary, just no way to upload it.
psssh idk.. the only situation i see that useful in is on the edge if they're recovering, but why wouldn't you just grab??

loki15

Smash Cadet
Is it really that uncommon for a snake to be below the stage edge? It performs the same function as a grab release but can be performed anywhere, instead of just within grab range on the edge of a stage. Plus you get an added push from the wind box after they've already been pushed out of the cypher. It may be a little situational, but it seems like it would be pretty useful, imo.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Is it really that uncommon for a snake to be below the stage edge? It performs the same function as a grab release but can be performed anywhere, instead of just within grab range on the edge of a stage. Plus you get an added push from the wind box after they've already been pushed out of the cypher. It may be a little situational, but it seems like it would be pretty useful, imo.
you still have to be about the same distance away from him to use WoI as you would to grab him, and you if you grab the cypher itself its more effective then anything

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We don't have Arrow Volley. The closest thing that we got to such a name is Arrow Swarm or Rain. It's one of those, right?

Top Bottom