• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Thank me and Rogue for this.

I have done research and compiled a list of the characters that can be spike while on the ledge if Pit's feet is touching them. 59% of them can.

Can Be:-------------------------------------------Cannot Be:
Mario ---------------------------------------------DK
Kirby- Hard to Do, half foot on edge ----------Link
All Space Animals -------------------------------Samus
Zamus--------------------------------------------Fire emblems
G&W ---------------------------------------------Diddy
Luigi ---------------------------------------------Zelda/Shiek
METAKNIGHT ------------------------------------Pit +)
All Pokemon -------------------------------------Snake ='(
Peach --------------------------------------------Yoshi
ICE CLIMBERS---------------------------------- Ganondorf
Dedede ------------------------------------------Sonic
EarthBound kids --------------------------------Toon Link
Bowser ------------------------------------------R.O.B
Wario --------------------------------------------Captain Falcon
Olimar -----------------------------------------------------16

This is to be credited by Rogue and me for testin this a long time ago, but mostly to Rogue. This came somewhere from the depths of an AIB Pit group.
Keep in mind that the opponent must be outta their invincibility frames, and some chars can come outta the ledge real quickly, like Pika.

Oafa

Smash Rookie
soooo I just picked up pit a few months ago started working with him and ive seen some videos of pits who play with alot of ATs and then ive seen other videos of pits who play very basic like no looping and maybe some wing dashing but not a ton so what type of pit is a good pit someone who plays with alot of wing dashing and arrow looping or someone who uses it maybe once twice in a game and seems to do just as good if not better

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
soooo I just picked up pit a few months ago started working with him and ive seen some videos of pits who play with alot of ATs and then ive seen other videos of pits who play very basic like no looping and maybe some wing dashing but not a ton so what type of pit is a good pit someone who plays with alot of wing dashing and arrow looping or someone who uses it maybe once twice in a game and seems to do just as good if not better
Everyone's style is different. I personally use looping a fair bit, if I'm arrow spamming they are approaching I'll "miss" then loop it around, and fire another arrow. Then usually physical it up, I enjoy using pit for physical use but it is hard to do :(

and yes, yes he can

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Thank me and Rogue for this.

I have done research and compiled a list of the characters that can be spike while on the ledge if Pit's feet is touching them. 59% of them can.

Can Be:-------------------------------------------Cannot Be:
Mario ---------------------------------------------DK
Kirby- Hard to Do, half foot on edge ----------Link
All Space Animals -------------------------------Samus
Zamus--------------------------------------------Fire emblems
G&W ---------------------------------------------Diddy
Luigi ---------------------------------------------Zelda/Shiek
METAKNIGHT ------------------------------------Pit +)
All Pokemon -------------------------------------Snake ='(
Peach --------------------------------------------Yoshi
ICE CLIMBERS---------------------------------- Ganondorf
Dedede ------------------------------------------Sonic
EarthBound kids --------------------------------Toon Link
Bowser ------------------------------------------R.O.B
Wario --------------------------------------------Captain Falcon
Olimar -----------------------------------------------------16

This is to be credited by Rogue and me for testin this a long time ago, but mostly to Rogue. This came somewhere from the depths of an AIB Pit group.
Keep in mind that the opponent must be outta their invincibility frames, and some chars can come outta the ledge real quickly, like Pika.
Thanks for the information, Admiral. I was pretty sure I saw a post of this that rogue posted a while back, but wasn't able to find it. Either way, this was what I was looking for! Thanks a ton.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
pro tip for smashing vs GnW
when you hit his bucket with an arrow it has a bit longer of a cooldown, so what right? ok well here comes the fun part then

GnW will often use his bucket to absorb arrows that we shoot at him as he returns. So if he is returning and pulls out his bucket at around the same level of the ledge, you can shoot an arrow in or purpose, then another and another, GnW cant put away his bucket in between arrows due to the increased cooldown when he absorbs a projectile and he soon falls too far for him to recover with his upB

so what am i telling you?, im telling you that for the price of filling up GnW's bucket, you can kill him

JCav

Smash Lord
hey guys i played arc a lot at a tourney yesterday and one prior to that and i have 2 questions for you guys

1 whats your f throw cg properties on spacies?

2 and could you explain mirror shielding properties too?

and idk how to arrow loop :(

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
pro tip for smashing vs GnW
when you hit his bucket with an arrow it has a bit longer of a cooldown, so what right? ok well here comes the fun part then

GnW will often use his bucket to absorb arrows that we shoot at him as he returns. So if he is returning and pulls out his bucket at around the same level of the ledge, you can shoot an arrow in or purpose, then another and another, GnW cant put away his bucket in between arrows due to the increased cooldown when he absorbs a projectile and he soon falls too far for him to recover with his upB

so what am i telling you?, im telling you that for the price of filling up GnW's bucket, you can kill him
The last projectile to go into the bucket has much less lag than the first 2. Use that sparingly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEv-KoHMEwc&feature=channel_page
In here at around 1:20, FEAR uses the arrows and the lag from the bucket to pull off a successful kill.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hey I recently picked up Pit but I don't know any kinds of techniques or anything for him... can someone help me with this?
Just about every Pit AT won't be helpful, for u usually will either be left open, or u may be obsessed with how cool the ATs look that u may rely on them so much that you won't performing much efficient if u focus on them.

The basics are to be learned for the best results.

slowpoketales

Smash Rookie
So how does everyone feel about Jungle Japes as a stage? Or is it even legal most places ?

I like camping here and the high ceiling lets me live longer. The only problems are the water and the claptrap, but does anyone usually have any big problems here or is it just neutral in regards to pit ?(with the obvious exception of vs. falco since he murders in this stage)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I enjoy it, I got decent with samus there then learned that she is royally messed by them ledges, so I let that go, but I think campy and the ability to use your air attacks far more here give pit a large advantage. unless your against marth, his F air out ranges you (and everyone else at that) so there's no point in CP'ing him here.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think Japes should be banned, but Pit does somewhat well on it. When his opponent is in the water, keep shooting arrows atm em, and they will eventually die. The high blast boundary will keep some strong vertical KO moves at bay, but watch out for the Horizontal kills. Pit's B-air and Fsmash will be good here.

Ban this against Falco, due to his Side-B spike, and make it count

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Also ban against Dks and Peach. ^

Imo, even though I hate the map I don't think Japes should banned. :/

Coffee™

I need it....
Sit on the right platform, shoot arrows, ledgecamp and run away the entire match and Pit beats pretty almost every character there including DK and Peach.

slowpoketales

Smash Rookie
Ahh cool responses, I was asking because my next tourney has it legal, and I started playing it in more and kinda liked the feel.

One last question, <. < (n00b with all the questions)

Has anyone tested pits f-throw against a wall to see how effective it is as a chaingrab. I was playing a link in friendlies and I took him to Rainbow Cruise and got 3-4 grabs off of the ship wall. Would this be useful in stages like delfino? or was he just using bad DI and it's escapable ? I've never really heard anyone talk about a wall chaingrab forgive me if I missed something T_T

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
That part of rainbow cruise can cause CG with almost everybody xD
And that not a problem to ask ô_o'
Well and others strages such as delfino plaza it can't be done. I've tried a couple times and i wasn't able to do that. When frame data is complete we'll be able to find out more chain grabs x)

My question now:

How can i do stutter step?
I don't have an wii so please tell me in a logical way to work it in my mind 8/

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
How many characters can Pit use his Mirror Sheild to deflect their attacks and veer them off course? I know I can do it against the space animals and the Earthbound kids, but are some characters immune like Samus? What about the Mario Brothers?

And also, how would you Arrow Loop and run with your Arrow? I've done it a couple of times, but only by accident.

lkyx3

Smash Rookie
Well pit can used his mirror on many characters. I use it quite frequently. Almost any attack can be reversed. MK, DK, ike, mario basically any character that as an upB that does damage.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Stutterstep is just canceling the startup of the dash into a smash attack. Just smash the joystick, then smash the c-stick, like, BAM.BAM

You can do it a couple of different lengths depending on your timing, but it's a pretty small window.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
How many characters can Pit use his Mirror Sheild to deflect their attacks and veer them off course? I know I can do it against the space animals and the Earthbound kids, but are some characters immune like Samus? What about the Mario Brothers?

And also, how would you Arrow Loop and run with your Arrow? I've done it a couple of times, but only by accident.
Hahaha nah, Samus auto fails against chars with a relfecter, in this match up though a samus SHOULD camp and keep you trying to reflect **** as they approach, but most don't play pit so they don't know this. but when we spam missiles we kinda know how to get through it, it's still annoying though, so we aren't immune per say, but we know when to dodge and stuff.

and you loop it till you get it flying horizontal above your head then run

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
How to pwn Samus from the master of pwning Samus.

Shield Dash.

That is all...

Actually nah, Samus has a lot of tricks that completely BUG ME TO NO END! See, as I'm the master of Samus pwnage, sauna is the master of annoying the crap out of me while I try to humiliate him! ...er do fancy arrow trixies.

Arrow Chasing:
Loop an arrow to force your opponent to airdodge. Airdodge ends, you pwn. Simple? NO! Freak'n Samus' Zair can be done out of her airdodge. So unless you're approaching from behind it's hard to pull off.

Beat Samus' Long Range With Quick Inside Attacks:
Two words... Screw Attack. It cancels anything Pit can do. It really does.

Play The Range Game:
One compound word... Zair. Seriously, she only needs to shield dash one arrow. Short Hop Zair. Or even quicker then that, the Quick Double Jump Zair. Get's her to the ground faster and allows for earlier Fast Fall.

Mirror Shield Defense Is Great:
No. Some of Samus' attacks only have hitboxes at the tip of the attack. Meaning the attack bypasses the Mirror Shield. Sure projectiles hurt, but Samus only uses one projectile in an attempt to actually cause damage. She regulates that and she's fine. Also the Zair has a ball at the end of it. And it has a larger hitbox the rest of the beam. Meaning it can over the shield, even when pointed up, and still nail you in the head.

Magnet Hands:
Pit doesn't have them. Samus has probably the best in the game. Pit has to struggle just to grab the edge. He can hover there for three seconds before a Samus can come in and just grab the edge. It's like being cut in front of in line. Except she she cuts in front of you she steals your ticket (WoI) and you'll never be allowed to grab that edge. (Because you'll be dead. (Portal Reference))

Samus Has No Kill Moves:
This is actually true. He D-Tilt is super lame and can out range Pit easily. A lot of Samus' tend to spam this due to it's range and it quickly loses it's edge. Keep out of range of the smart Samus player who knows how to get in Jab Cancels and Zairs to regenerate the D-Tilt's power.

I've Got Wings:
Samus doesn't care. She's got ways of making you forget you even have them. The Screw Attack against the ledge is one. But another is her Dair. Pit has just one move to same himself while in the air and below an opponent. And Samus' Dair eats through Pit's Uair. And if she hits you over 40%, on most stages you'll die.

I know there's more but yeah. I've been saying this forever now. On PAPER Samus counters Pit. It's just so sad that Samus has no kill moves. Otherwise she'd counter him in game itself.

Also I suggest everyone here ease their minds every now and again and take a leisurely troll through the Samus forums.

EDIT: One more thing. She's totally mean towards Pit. I mean Pit has to direct his arrows with a thing called skill. Samus? Her's home in on their target. Well Pit can time all of his aerials to auto-cancel from a short hop. Well Samus' aerials have zero landing lag on them. Including the Zair!

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I have a tendency to do an Usmash by accident when trying to do an Utilt quickly (oos, out of nair) even though I don't "clack" the stick. How does one avoid this without having to just wait and be laggy?

Pilulu23

Smash Rookie
That's one of those things you just have to do a lot, and your timing will become better.

I got a question: I've read (and seen in videos) that Pit can spike with his downtilt, at the edge, but how do I do that? I've tried it many times, and the opponent just flies up if he's hit...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit D-tilt spiking is just as simple as getting the opponent super close to Pit to the point where the opponent touches Pit, just about at his feet, and then the opponent will fall downward from it. Some characters can be spiked while they are holding on the ledge.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
That's one of those things you just have to do a lot, and your timing will become better.

I got a question: I've read (and seen in videos) that Pit can spike with his downtilt, at the edge, but how do I do that? I've tried it many times, and the opponent just flies up if he's hit...
Like ADM said, Pit's feet need to be inside the other char's frame inorder for it to spike them. Here is a list put together by Rouge of all the char's that can be spiked when holding the edge. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190021<br />

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Hi all. Just visiting with a present for everybody.

I was wondering what you guys think of this new AT with pikachu in doubles? I'm teaming with my bro (arc-thefallen-, plays Toon Link and occasionally Pit) and am going to advance the technique. Here's the original post AND video! ^_^ enjoy!

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8104088&postcount=14

Thanks for the time. Hope you like and laugh. Please pm me if you have any neat contributions or comments--i'd appreciate that. :D

lkyx3

Smash Rookie
Answer to the dtilt q, pits feet have to be touching your opponent in order to spike them.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Hi all. Just visiting with a present for everybody.

I was wondering what you guys think of this new AT with pikachu in doubles? I'm teaming with my bro (arc-thefallen-, plays Toon Link and occasionally Pit) and am going to advance the technique. Here's the original post AND video! ^_^ enjoy!

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8104088&postcount=14

Thanks for the time. Hope you like and laugh. Please pm me if you have any neat contributions or comments--i'd appreciate that. :D
I didn't see any Pit combos:(

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Sup? How y'all ah doin? (been a while)

Anyways... this WOI cancel tech (like a WD), what is it good for? (I mean as far as combo's.)
BTW.. is it known that you can get three really quick WOI's by glitching it at the ledge?

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
Sup? How y'all ah doin? (been a while)

Anyways... this WOI cancel tech (like a WD), what is it good for? (I mean as far as combo's.)
BTW.. is it known that you can get three really quick WOI's by glitching it at the ledge?
honestly it doesn't do much it cancels out some attacks and is good for spacing, it pushes the opponent a little....really just flashy normalyy

@ravyn- i think he means wingdashing

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
OOps... yes.. I forgot what it was called. I did mean Wingdashing.

Couldn't it be used for the F-Throw chaingrab to extend its reach?

Oafa

Smash Rookie
quick question abt the DDD matchup should i ever approch and if so how should i when i was fighting him i tried a few things SH fair and nair other then that i tried as hard as i could to stay away from him and his grab any advice would be nice

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
quick question abt the DDD matchup should i ever approch and if so how should i when i was fighting him i tried a few things SH fair and nair other then that i tried as hard as i could to stay away from him and his grab any advice would be nice
pit should be camping! don't approach D3 unless he comes after you.
your arrows > D3's minions, camping wise.

when D3 comes after you, this is where you must attack.

imo, best options would be FH dair and SH nair.
FH dair avoids the sheildgrab, and also sets up for other aerials.
SH nair works very well against large characters like D3, and can sheildpoke.

and i believe WOI's pushing effect messes up D3's chaingrabs.
somebody correct me if im wrong

Top Bottom