• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

K 2

Smash Lord
I cant tell of the numbers but I can tell u the order

Sweetspotted B-air is the best
Then it's the Fsmash
Then probably the Glide attack, though it's a vertical KO kind.
Is the bair sweetspot near pit's body or is it at the tip (like marth)?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit's B-air sweetspot is one of the easier ones to land. It's right when Pit stabs behind him. Basically get Pit to STAB the opponent for a sweetspot. You can tell that the Sweetspot B-air hits when the move does about 15% damage and non-sweetspotted B-airs will do about 7%. It is the best kill move Pit has.

some_afro

Smash Rookie
K, I got a question: How can you use pits shield effectively against final smashes? Ive blocked the zero beam once, and only once, and reflected Toon Links trifoce slash (right when the beam comes out) but, nothing else ( cept the iceclimbers final smash)

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Well, Pit's shield only works if the hitbox from the Final smash is an actual projectile. Something like Zelda's Light arrow may seem like a projectile but is actual a hitbox that is a huge line. Also, right before Pit's shield makes the "kink" noise, he has super armor frames so those could also help in dodging those one hit Final Smashes.

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
Which characters can you all chain grab with forward throw? So far I've only tried it on bowser (CPU 9).

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
I think DK is supposed to be the only TRUE chain grab, up to 40% or so, but i have gotten away with a couple F-throws on a few other chracters: Snake, Ike, DDD, link?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's just a simple arrow loop, cept you wait a bit longer if u want a straight arrow at the beginning. Ppl have been making large custom stages built just for Pit arrow training.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
So, I know arrow sticking was discovered months ago, but then the calamity died down-was there any progress made? Is it just another glitch, or has anyone actually found a semi-decent way to replicate it? Because just yesterday I shot an arrow onto the platform of Yoshi's Island, resulting in a stick. Although I'm guessing nothing became of it, I'm just curious to know for sure.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So, I know arrow sticking was discovered months ago, but then the calamity died down-was there any progress made? Is it just another glitch, or has anyone actually found a semi-decent way to replicate it? Because just yesterday I shot an arrow onto the platform of Yoshi's Island, resulting in a stick. Although I'm guessing nothing became of it, I'm just curious to know for sure.
I think it was FzeroX who explained how it happends (I could be wrong) but its to hard to replicate and even if you could do it 100% of the time the only thing I can see it doing is stop some1 from grabbing the edge but because they got hit they have there jumps again and ^B along with the fact that they will re grab the edge right after the hit cause it has low knockback and hit stun.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
It's just a simple arrow loop, cept you wait a bit longer if u want a straight arrow at the beginning. Ppl have been making large custom stages built just for Pit arrow training.
im sorry i missed worded it i meant if i send the arrow straight UP how do i make them come down. I think its called arrow raining or something close to that idk :confused:

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Well, this question has been bothering me a lot. Whenever I play a Pit ditto, I don't even know how what to counter that Pit with what. Arrows get reflected, my WoI can be gimped but I can't gimp their's for some reason, my spacing feels off, and my attacks feel slower than the other Pit's. Do you guys have any tips on how to win in a Pit ditto? This has no relation to me playing in the Pit tournament. It's just that I have been noticing this pattern in my playing whenever I verse a Pit, whether a pro one or a noob one, I always have a tough time attacking them and landing any attacks without getting comboed and gimped....

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Well, this question has been bothering me a lot. Whenever I play a Pit ditto, I don't even know how what to counter that Pit with what. Arrows get reflected, my WoI can be gimped but I can't gimp their's for some reason, my spacing feels off, and my attacks feel slower than the other Pit's. Do you guys have any tips on how to win in a Pit ditto? This has no relation to me playing in the Pit tournament. It's just that I have been noticing this pattern in my playing whenever I verse a Pit, whether a pro one or a noob one, I always have a tough time attacking them and landing any attacks without getting comboed and gimped....
Not to be a jerk or anything but i think its all in your head especially the other pits attacks being faster. Maybe you just have a hard time with pit. Try to think if the other pit as a different character u love to own like ganon and take the fight from there. Sorry i don't have any tactical advice:(

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a question in regards to Pit's spike. Let's say we're on Halberd, and someone is trying to come through the platform. Can I spike them through the platform, or does it only work on the edge?

I was watching Sagemoon's Combo video, and it works on Electoplankon, so I was wondering if it would work here too. (or other stages like Delfino)

Thanks!

Coffee™

I need it....
Yes, it works in stages like Halberd and Delfino. The opponent has to hit the hit of Pit's blade for the spike to work it has nothing to do with the edge.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
question: For your own personal style of playing after you knock and opponent away (say half the screen) do you like to:

A) Glide attack
B)Arrow
C) WoI to attack or cancel

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Arrows are most common since it's USUALLY the safest way to gimp them, depending on the character and intelligence of the opponent.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
Q: is this technique useful??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbrmvifFmQ4

SORRY if it is well known already... I'm not a pit mainer and I am in a hurry (I need to study alot).. so I have no time to search for it :(... The video is a little exaggerated (only a little >_>) because I like video editing and I put effort even in little thinks like this ^^..

Well, I hope this video helps the pit community and again... sorry if it was known..

P.D: probably ledge canceled WoI have utilities... but as I'm not a pit mainer I don't know them xD...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Nope, Up-B is for mindgames, and i dont think the wingpush effect from the Up-B occurs. It's better to do it without the up-B, but if you're a person that uses Up-B a lot, maybe it could trick the opponent... okay maybe not.
Besides if you time it wrong you're goin to do something to get yourself punished. It's not recommended.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's good for taunting and perhaps even confusing. Other then that I've found little use for it. (try doing it up to three times in one drop. Funny stuff. Kaching! Kaching! Kaching!

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
ok xD... I thought it could help conecting bairs as it can surprise your opponents... but well both of you are awesome pit players so you must know alot better the possibilities for the technique in a match. Even though I find it great for friendlies as it is a cool technique xD.

P.D: is not that difficult... I can do it many times in a row with link.. and it is way harder than pit as his dash is worst.. and I'm a noob :)

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
you just have to know pit better than your opponent does. hes got all the same stuff, you just have to know how to use it well. since it is a ditto, you might want to try things that usually wouldnt work against another opponent. Exploit the glide, grabs, and wing dash. When recovering, try to make it back with only a glide so you dont get gimped. That way, after the glide, you still have 2 jumps and a WoI left and if you use them all properly, getting gimped shouldnt be a problem. In the pit ditto its all about getting the first hit in, so play risky if you must, use any moves that the opponent neglects (usually mirror shield) to throw them off their game and make them think about using the same thing, but less efficiently since it would be somewhat forced at this point. hope these tips help, i dont have much experience with the pit ditto either, but i do very well against other pits when i do it.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
im sorry i missed worded it i meant if i send the arrow straight UP how do i make them come down. I think its called arrow raining or something close to that idk :confused:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178011&highlight=arrow+loops

hey check that link out, its quite useful. I think you are asking about the "knot," this is the one that i use when i want to arrow rain (though its mostly just for show). Nevertheless the OP on this thread has everything you need to know about arrow looping. Practice the knot on a custom stage, it gets easy real fast if you are already accustomed to the way pit's arrow move and are guided.

Make a large custom stage with thin platforms on the right side going almost up to the ceiling, guide a cpu to the top of this ladder-like structure so that the camera zooms out, and practice your arrows. I like to put a ladder on both sides of the thin platform escalation. Try it out! When i decided to learn arrow rain (i was bored) i made this stage and mastered it quickly.

Make a stage similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-FGf24cfc

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
"Coming from the enemy"

How do you DI out of Pit's uair?
Sorry, I have a grudge against Marth and the Marth boards. And there is a small much difficult way to DI outta it, or so I think, or probably there isnt, depending on where you are.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
What are Pit's best secondary characters? Don't say MK, for that is already a given. >.>
I think it really depends, I use R.O.B. and Diddy, but maby people play different ones as there secondary.

How do you do a continuous angelic step from any ending lag or spotdodge? The video of it shows it but not the controls.
Just practice, but the new way that I showed if thats what your asking about. Hold attack, then run one direction and hit the C-stick up and the other direction then you are running.

Ex. Attack, keep holding attack (this is why I set L to attack so that I can still hold the controler), hold the Joy stick to the right so that you are walking to the right, then hit the C-stick up and away (10:30 if you were looking on a clock) each time you hit the C-stick at this angle you will piviot. (If you hit the C-stick to far to the left or up you will charge [because you are holding attack] a smash attack)

If that doesn't help and this is what you are looking for PM me.

Top Bottom