• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
For Olimar, you simply have to approach carefully since most good Olimars will wait for you to attack them while they are shielding so that while you are lagging from the attack, they grab you and throw you around.

Pikachu doesn't have too much priority and range in the air so attacking Pikachu in the air can help a lot. If you are above a Pikachu and they thunder, DI away from the center of the thunder, start an angel ring attack, and then DI back toward the thunder so the ring touches the bolt and reflects it on that unsuspecting Pikachu. Also, don't go too close to Pikachu or else you might be caught in his Down-smash. Arrows and Mirror shield help when they are farther away to prevent some approaches and thunder-shocks. (Mind that while Pikachu is running, his hurtbox is very short, almost like a duck, so make sure you aim your arrows downward when you are shooting at him)

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
this might end up being painfully oblvious but can someone give me the link to that thread with all of pits ats? i havent been on in ahwile and i lost it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit has problems against smaller characters since they could avoid him easily, and he cant chaingrab them (unless by a wall), his arrows will also have a harder time hitting em.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
#1 How the heck do you do Angelic Kick? I've watched UNDR's vid about 12 times and I still can't figure it out. -_- How EXACTLY is the AK done?

Okay... I've seen a Pit use his Wol hit the foe... and the do his mid air jumps back. When I try this I can't flap back. How was he able to do that?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hello. Thanks for this useful thread. I have some questions. I searched for them but couldn't find them. Sorry if I missed them.

What characters can Pit chain grab? Is it only Snake (or characters that are relatively as heavy as him?)

Also, I use tap jump... Any suggestions on how to break the habit? I've tried, but it's so hard once you get the habit.

Thank you.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Hello. Thanks for this useful thread. I have some questions. I searched for them but couldn't find them. Sorry if I missed them.

What characters can Pit chain grab? Is it only Snake (or characters that are relatively as heavy as him?)

Also, I use tap jump... Any suggestions on how to break the habit? I've tried, but it's so hard once you get the habit.

Thank you.
NP thx for the complament. For the tap jump you can change it in your controller setting so that when you hit ^ you wont jump. As for getting used to it just practice.

for the Chain grabs, I dont think these are all but I know DDD, IC's, and Falco. Also I don't think Snakes is a chain grab but more of a tech chase, meaning you can avoid it if he doesn't fallow you or you go left and he thinks you are going right, I could be wrong though.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
for the Chain grabs, I dont think these are all but I know DDD, IC's, and Falco. Also I don't think Snakes is a chain grab but more of a tech chase, meaning you can avoid it if he doesn't fallow you or you go left and he thinks you are going right, I could be wrong though.
Thank you for your reply.

By the chain grab, I meant Pit on other characters. I saw a 'combo' where Pit did his forward grab three times, then a d-tilt, then a u-tilt, then up-air. I say 'combo' because people were saying that the snake could di, but didn't. By your reply I thought maybe you thought I was asking about other people chain grabbing on pit? ^_^ Thank you very much.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Thank you for your reply.

By the chain grab, I meant Pit on other characters. I saw a 'combo' where Pit did his forward grab three times, then a d-tilt, then a u-tilt, then up-air. I say 'combo' because people were saying that the snake could di, but didn't. By your reply I thought maybe you thought I was asking about other people chain grabbing on pit? ^_^ Thank you very much.
Ya those are all guys how can chain grab pit, my bad. Pit can CG DK until 40%, and all of his CG's only reach about that far, he has a shorter running grab reach then most.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
#1 How the heck do you do Angelic Kick? I've watched UNDR's vid about 12 times and I still can't figure it out. -_- How EXACTLY is the AK done?

Okay... I've seen a Pit use his Wol hit the foe... and the do his mid air jumps back. When I try this I can't flap back. How was he able to do that?
if you use your wings and touch the ground for a short second then fly off again and do a attack you get your jumps back. Heres the tutorial vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMjx1LBnEUg

cj.Shark

Smash Ace

Thank you.
Pit can chaingrab DK. thats his only TRUE chaingrab. however you can still chaingrab dedede and snake but its not perfect but its still good as in its very hard for them to escape. Unless they know the trick to escaping theres basically no way to break out until the correct percentage (its a spotdodge.) snake and dedede can break out its just difficult timing

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
how does pit deal with smaller characters such as olimar and pikachu?
for Pikachu. roll away always. the d-smash makes it useles to roll behind. also play a safe campy game with mirror shield when pikas are doing jump t-jolts. dont bother arrowing its just a way for you to get punished because pikas main apporach is the fast falled f-air. you can shieldgrab them so master the timing or else you will eat another d-smash. also if they dont attack you slowly advance to them using walking, shielding, Mirrorshielding then hit them with f-tilt from maximum distance. if pika rolls to you.. roll away from him not behind. if Pika corners you to the edge of a map either sideB him or jump and fly away.
thats all i can say about this matchup and it is a tough one getting used to not abusing your arrows

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I think he means Angelic Step but that jsut an assumption.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h28rHpn1JOc - a link ot angelic step.

Am i wrong? :<
This is one reason why i am sick of everything being angelic somthing.

how do u guys deal with smaller characters
Kind of a broad question, but for every match up you do it differently, but I would say, I get most of my kills on smallers with my Fsmash where as most kills against biggers with my Bair. Also most smaller character have projectiles and so you reflect them.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Try Edgehogging Olimar when you get the chance.

G&W is broken, but try not to shoot too many arrows to prevent the possibility of him using the bucket, though you could try to trick the G&W into using the bucket and hit him while he's vulnerable.

Reflect Pika's bolts, nvm i got nothing, just hate Pika

Kirby and Jiggs are both annoying with their multiple jumps and such, willing to pursue u with their aerials. Kirby's stupid little grab combo scheme will hurt you... I hate em both too. Jiggs and her possible WoP is just normal, and her Rollout will be hard to avoid, and though an arrow can stop it in its tracks, aiming it at her before she gets to u is the hard part. Mirror Shield is a bad idea.

Fox can be chaingrabbed, but kinda annoying with possible spammy D-airs, U-tilts and Usmashes.

Ness and Lucas, get them off the stage, and you could take them out quickly with arrows. Try to shoot an arrow at their PKT recovery, or edgehog if needed.

Squirtle's recovery sucks, so just try to gimp him and his annoyingness.

MK, worst of the worst. Considering how he is the cheapest character in the game, small and all, he is prone to gimp you very much all of the time. Many metas spam Dsmash, some rather spam Up-B, but whatever the case, one of the more important things you must know...
Predict the Metaknight when you get it off the stage. Time your Mirror Shield against his Up-B (And glide attack), Side-B, and Tornado recoveries, and reverse him to death. This has been my most recent and more common way to killing a MK.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
how do u guys deal with smaller characters
Pikachu's charge b can be mirror shield. It'll turn him around. I use this to smash him.

Similar to that is Lucas, especially if they're the ones that like to do their over b a lot. One time I mirror shield and he bounded off the stage cause he used his up b, but you have to have timing.

Olimar you can definitely gimp him easily. Also, I heard it's a great idea to use your glide attack against him due to priority issues. And not at a deep anglel glide attack.

If you wanna be aggressive against lil characters that are doing quick, good down attacks (like Kirby's stone) you can off center your blade u-air to where it hits the blade and not you, and knock kirby out of his stone.

I rely a lot on my shields, but I hope I'm giving good advice.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Mmmkay, I have a few questions. One: What is Pit's fastest aerial. Two: Does anybody else notice a vacuum effect on Pit's A combo? Three: Is there any good frame rate data for Pit?

Afropony

Smash Lord
Mmmkay, I have a few questions. One: What is Pit's fastest aerial. Two: Does anybody else notice a vacuum effect on Pit's A combo? Three: Is there any good frame rate data for Pit?
Pit
Jab: 5

Forward Tilt: 14
Up Tilt: 2
Down Tilt: 6
Dash Attack: 7

Up Smash: 6
Down Smash: 5
Forward Smash: 8

Forward B: 12
Neutral B: 20
Down B:???
Up B:???

Forward Air: 12
Back Air: 9
Down Air: 10
Up Air: 9
Neutral Air: 4

Coffee™

I need it....
Pit
Jab: 5

Forward Tilt: 14
Up Tilt: 2
Down Tilt: 6
Dash Attack: 7

Up Smash: 6
Down Smash: 5
Forward Smash: 8

Forward B: 12
Neutral B: 20
Down B:???
Up B:???

Forward Air: 12
Back Air: 9
Down Air: 10
Up Air: 9
Neutral Air: 4
This really should be in the Ultimate guide under Pit's attack info.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
How useful is the whole Arrow loop/ Arrow rain thing?
It looks sweet, but will it actually help you win in the end?
Just wondering...

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering...
I wouldnt rely on the arrow rain, but yes the loop is very useful. It gives you a second chance it you miss, adds a WTF factor when it connects, and the obvios one its GREAT for mind games. It shouldnt be that threatening but for some reason after i hit my opponent with it a few times they consider it a threat and start acting funny. hhahahhahA!! it just gets easier from then on.

I would get good with this technique, if you are a Pit main

CorruptFate

The Corrupted

Um... I got problems hitting my enemy when I Arrow Loop any tips?
Just keep trying and you'll get it down.

Just wondering...
I think its ok at best but, alot of people like it.

I actually posted it onto the ultimate guide but no one really did anything to it so it's just there... untouched:(
Thats why I should have made the guide.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I wouldnt rely on the arrow rain, but yes the loop is very useful. It gives you a second chance it you miss, adds a WTF factor when it connects, and the obvios one its GREAT for mind games. It shouldnt be that threatening but for some reason after i hit my opponent with it a few times they consider it a threat and start acting funny. hhahahhahA!! it just gets easier from then on.

I would get good with this technique, if you are a Pit main
Yeah I've been practicing it, its fun to do

But really, if you miss you could just fire another arrow, but I like adding some "WTF factors" into my game :)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
O i dont know if a mod can make it my thread instead, I was saying only you and a mod can make changes to it. Just go ahead and update the thread and its all good.

K 2

Smash Lord
What are Pit's best kill moves (in order of power)?

Also, can you give me a appoximate percentage at which the moves kills? Let's say a rough baseline is a mario in the middle of FD with no DI. I just need a rough estimate so I know when to stop racking up damage and start killing.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I cant tell of the numbers but I can tell u the order

Sweetspotted B-air is the best
Then it's the Fsmash
Then probably the Glide attack, though it's a vertical KO kind.

Top Bottom