• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hall of Fame - Pokemon Trainer Tournament Results

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I placed 9th out of 21 at Gamelot 7 using PT only. Not bad for my first Brawl tourney. :D

Oh yeah, and I use Blue PT.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
wow i ****ing fail at singles

but i got 1st out of 64 at a low tier event and won a nice shiny regional champ badge on AiB <3

T-block

B2B TST
5th out of 25 in Edmonton Sou Kawaii tournament. Only about 33% PT though...the rest GnW. I might try 100% PT at the next one I go to.

Silver trainer.

EDIT: Also, 7th out of 24 in Edmonton YOU.THree Brawl Tournament. Again only about one-third PT.

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
Wow I almost forgot about this...here is a tournament I went to from this weekend, then:

13th out of 32 in Singles/ Tourne-Minty I/ Pokemon Trainer

My doubles partner knocked me out from the losers brackets, woo!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Bomber and I teamed up at LasT Smash 3 yesterday and got 13/31 in doubles. As our first time teaming together, I gotta say, we pulled off some wicked combos. Bomber and I are officially teammates from now on. :p

We didn't do so hot in singles, but Reflex tore it up!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Bomber and I teamed up at LasT Smash 3 yesterday and got 13/31 in doubles. As our first time teaming together, I gotta say, we pulled off some wicked combos. Bomber and I are officially teammates from now on. :p

We didn't do so hot in singles, but Reflex tore it up!
Yeah, Reflex did a great job. Though Lee looked really distraught. After you left, I just went to play some singles and I saw Lee alone playing against a CPU Squirtle so I went over to play against him. I think he got all shaken up with his fight with Reflex. He told me that not even his really awesome lucario could beat Reflex's Squirtle, other than that Ivy and Charz gave him no problem. I helped him as best I could with picking a counterpick(secrets). Though I am definitely going to improve my PT game so I can help Lee train against PT's. After all, he is a fellow LA smasher and he is our best. So I'll do my best to improve and help him.

No other input from me. I got 0-4 in pool(I'm ashamed) so I never made it to brackets. Though I know when the next Gameware come's I'll have a placing to input.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
LasT Smash 3 - Baton Rouge, LA, 5/30/09
81 entrants, $10 entry fee

1: TheReflexWonder - Pokemon Trainer ($400.00)
2: kismet2 - Falco ($197.00)
3: Lee Martin- Lucario/ Marth ($122.00)
4: Cyphus - DK/ Ice Climbers($41.00)
5: Biglou - Luigi ($20.00)
5: Nick - D3($20.00)
7: Take - Marth
7: KOSMOS - Peach
By my calculations, Pokemon Trainer should get fifty points on the Character Rankings List from this tournament, putting him above Mr. Game and Watch at #13.

Also, I randomly select a color each match now.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
By my calculations, Pokemon Trainer should get fifty points on the Character Rankings List from this tournament, putting him above Mr. Game and Watch at #13.

Also, I randomly select a color each match now.
I remember that. You did that against Sudai. It's was kinda funny. :laugh:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I enjoy reading stories about people being scared of Reflex and Typh.
He wasn't scared, I'd put it more or less a bit shattered, but seeing as he is my fellow LA brawler, and he's out best, I'm going to put me getting better towards the priority of Lee being able to handle Reflex's PT, especially Squirtle. Not to mention I know he is not used to PT but knowing Lee, he will bounce right back and will come out stronger.

Vermy

Smash Champion
This entire page is just secks.

Sooooooo much hope for PT.
Reflex, you make this fight vs the top tiers all worth while. Congrats. =)
I'm placing higher and higher each tourney, aiming for top 8 so i can help the cause. I'll be up there in no time =D

Any vids of the matches? That'd be freakin' sweet.

Toby.

Smash Master
1: Shaya (Marth, Dedede)
2: Ted (Wolf, Wario)
3: Ash Ketchum (Pokemon Trainer)
4: snakes ****ing gay (Snake)
5: Zerodesu (Zero Suit Samus)
5: SD (Diddy Kong, Pit)
7: Gords (Diddy Kong)
7: Scoot (Meta Knight)

Yeah baby.

3rd of 22 in singles at We Love Smashville! 07/06. PT only.

I survived a Dedede backthrow at around 200% on Brinstar with Squirtle. It was pretty fun.

Toby.

Smash Master
Yeah, should be about 10 or so with me in them. They'll probably get uploaded in about a week.
And omg so many lols.

I bet you guys will be able to see the exact moment I burned out in the losers finals. I was so exhausted that I just suddenly crashed. It was lols because in the commentary they were basically like "oh man look at that squirtle combo...what? what is toby doing? oh and he's lost".

my ivysaur was epic fail. ivysaur just requires too much effort after 8 hours of smash. i'm pretty sure at the end of it i spent like 2 minutes just dash grabbing :p

winners finals were interesting. I learned a couple things that could help us a teensy bit in the marth matchup.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i always look forward to your vids toby. good job placing.

australian commentary is too good lol...

Toby.

Smash Master
You can look forward to hearing us workin' dat accent.

I dunno if you guys will be awfully impressed by my play though. Brawl+ seems to be taking up all my practice time nowadays <3

I just wish I'd recorded my double elim match vs MK on rainbow cruise. Toooo goooood.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
5/10 at Tuscaloosa Competitive Smash 5 yesterday. Teamed with a Wario.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
17/40 at Gameware 11 using Pokemon Trainer only. Not bad for having to face Lee Martin in the second round. :O
Likewise but nix the Lee part. We got into the section of 17th place I think Zig got a high placing in that. I was the actual 17th I think out of the 8 people, he may have gotten like the 2nd or 3rd 17th. Not like it matters, he still kicked some *** anyway. Plus how our brackets go you are seeded based on your skill so going against Lee in the second round says something :chuckle:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Based on Cyphus's placing in 3rd at the Gameware tournament in Louisiana (using DK/Fox/PT), Magik's placing 5th wherever he did, and my new placing 1st at the latest Waba tournament, PT should go up by about 26 points, which would put him above Game and Watch again at #11, assuming everything else stays the same. 173-ish points, right below Olimar.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Virgi gave me the OP for the Hall of Fame, so I will be updating this from now on. Will add IronYoshiWarrior and Cyphus later.

Also, Yoshi, what color PT do you use?

Vermy

Smash Champion
@Zigsta:

13th of 33 in Singles, Stigma-B May '09 - All Pokemon Trainer
This result requires adding to the OP
Also, can my name be changed to Vermy please? Everyone knows me by Vermy nowadays. =3

ty in advance. ^_^

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
@Zigsta:

This result requires adding to the OP
Also, can my name be changed to Vermy please? Everyone knows me by Vermy nowadays. =3

ty in advance. ^_^
Sure thing, Vermy. I'll change it tomorrow after I get back from New York.

If anyone else notices something not on the list, let me know.

T-block

B2B TST
5th out of 25 in Edmonton Sou Kawaii tournament. Only about 33% PT though...the rest GnW. I might try 100% PT at the next one I go to.

Silver trainer.

EDIT: Also, 7th out of 24 in Edmonton YOU.THree Brawl Tournament. Again only about one-third PT.
I want in too please.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
went to a tourney down in Central Florida.. smaller one about 10 people....
placed 3rd in Singles and Second in doubles (HrNut took first and LessthanThree took second)

LessthanThree was my partner for doubles.

I nominate myself best PT in florida due to my beastly charizard. :chuckle:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
14 out of 17 entrants/ Rocket Hideout #1/ singles/ PT only
7 of 9 entrants/ Rocket Hideout #1/ Low Tier/ PT only

Sorry guys, after getting last at play N trade, I haven't had a good week for tournaments no johns :(

T-block

B2B TST
ADAT2 Western Regional Championship

9th out of 32 singles
4th out of 16 doubles
3rd out of 16 low tier singles

all 100% PT

yeah i kinda choked in singles =( i think i had the potential to take 5th overall... lost to the guy who ended up taking first in winners, then to a pikachu (i have no matchup experience against piks >_>) in losers.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
7/25 GameTable Results Mineola NY

5th out of 33 LT singles (PT only)
4th out of 17 LT doubles(PT only with Ike only partner)

alot more to come but this was more or less my debut in tourny as a PT main

Top Bottom