• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hall of Fame - Pokemon Trainer Tournament Results

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I feel like I really improved overall. I'm slowly climbing my way up with my skill level. I made it out of pools but didn't win a single bracket match. My pools were challenging because top 3 made it out and when we added a guy last second, we wound up having a 3 way tie with 2nd and 3rd were up for grabs. I managed to beat my friend who plays a good marth and then I beat the last minute entry guy's snake who was really tough to fight. It helped a lot I went TL on him instead of PT. I went 1-1 with him in pools using PT. I feel pretty accomplished I got 2nd in my pools. I wound up losing to a pikachu by one stock but not losing without getting him to KO %. Then I lost to a G&W, which there is nothing much I could have done there. I tried PT and TL but no dice. I'm still satisfied with 13th. I'll work harder to get a better placing in the future.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
I saw that tie on the twitter yeah.

I've watched a PT against a quite bad Marth (I saw him bthrowing instead of grab releasing your Squirtle lol), I don't know if it was you.

Good job though. :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I saw that tie on the twitter yeah.

I've watched a PT against a quite bad Marth (I saw him bthrowing instead of grab releasing your Squirtle lol), I don't know if it was you.

Good job though. :)
That was me. It was a friendly match but at the time I was getting distracted with tournament stuff so I had to leave the match and then catch up. I also was wondering the same thing too why I wasn't getting grab released. Also thanks to the Alabama crew, we will have videos soon. We only recorded bracket matches so I'm only going to have 2 to share. My pool matches were definitely more interesting and wish I could have had them recorded. When those videos are posted on youtube, I need you guys to give me tips on how I can improve on the match ups for pikachu and G&W. More so on G&W because I just got destroyed.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
3rd of 25, Singles, Get Hype 2, Pokemon Trainer (TL once), 8/11/12

Summary:

It was a casual tournament for the exception of 4 players including myself. I'm satisfied with my placing. I did run into a little trouble with a game and watch player, not as much trouble as I'm used to so I was able to snag victory easily. I played a MK player who sort of gave me trouble, though I feel if he was any better, he would have beat me.

I played Jnig, our best Wario in winners... quarter finals I think? Got knocked to losers. I feel confident I will be able to beat him soon with PT. I just need to get used to playing Warios. I did more observing than fighting and I feel like I will be able to come up with a plan to beat his style of play. I also played one of our best diddy players so of course I'd get my *** handed to me and knocked out of the tournament but that MU is a work in progress for me. I got two stocked by both of them but I definitely feel like I was able to take something away from my experience tonight. The tournament was different because you only played one game in the bracket and had to win to advance, it was still double elimination but only having one shot to win a set? Pressure was on. It helped it was a casual tourny.

Diddy: as always, need to work more on banana control, though I did a hair bit better than previous endeavors against him.

Wario: I didn't blindly jump into him as much as I did in the past which helped me a lot. I was able to put some pressure on him, but seeing that I'm still a lower level player than him, I still have room for improvement, but I feel boosted by seeing a pattern in his play style. I just need to study some of the matches I had with Jnig and see what I should have done different.

Yes, I do have videos but due to lack of a capture card, I can't post them any time soon. I'm aiming for next weekend because I'm going to try and go to another tournament where, if I go, I will be recording matches anyway. So yeah. Right now, I feel like on a casual level, I'm at the top, but competitively, I still have a way to go. With all eyes on Japan right now, I'm just baffled by the skill gap that I have between the players in my state above me, the gap in skill between my state and states in my region, the skill gap between my region and other regions, and above all, the skill gap between my country and the rest of the world.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
You can save matches and send the replays to us if you want.
I think I will do that, but later. I will need to go through my SD card and see what matches are actually on there. I didn't really plan on recording because it was a casual tournament and to me didn't really mean much as opposed to the chinese inn tourny next weekend. On top of that I didn't keep track of who was really on the tv 100% of the time, but I do know the 3 of us mainly played on that one tv. Thanks for the offer. :)

Right now, I'm just tired and don't feel like doing much. @__@

Bomber7

Smash Hero
15th of 15 Chinese in 8/18/12

I sucked so hard this tournament. I have videos to show how bad I did. Couldn't do anything right. Didn't practice though, not like I had time. It sucks because I know I'm better than half the casuals here, too bad I get seeded with all the PR players. =/

Bomber7

Smash Hero
7th of 10 at Voodoo Smash on the Bayou IV

Due to lack of practice and people to practice with, I'm still an inconsistent player. I got two stocked my first game of my last match, then I SD'd twice, and then actually came close to a come back. That only makes me feel worse because I played how I was supposed to which would have meant I would have two stocked my opponent. *sigh*

Apathy is my game.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Awww :(

I'm also an inconsistent player, so I know what it's like. Just play/practice if you're motivated, you can do better! Good luck. ;)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Awww :(

I'm also an inconsistent player, so I know what it's like. Just play/practice if you're motivated, you can do better! Good luck. ;)
That's the problem Myo. The only reason why 2-3 years ago I was a consistent player is because I actually had people to play locally. I don't anymore. I might actually have some people now; I have friends from school who want to try having smash nights during the weekends which would be perfect because they all play Brawl. They aren't as good as me, but I need the practice and I want to make them better so I have better people to practice against. However if that falls through, I'm going to stick to being a TO and if I do any competitive play, I'm playing Smash 64 because that's the only game people in southeast Louisiana play. Plus I'm starting to have a lot of success because I play that game so much against actual people. So if anything, look for my pro Link in smash 64 within a year. I'll be a household name. Thanks for your best wishes though. I'll do what I can, if not, oh well.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Imo, you're chosing the best option. :)

As long as you know what you SHOULDN'T be doing because it won't work against real players, wifi and CPU can be nice to improve. At least for me.

Top Bottom