• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Gichan

Smash Champion
It's not ally slipping, it's everyone in usa getting too good. More and more I'm starting to think swordgard was right on many occasions.

.Marik

is a social misfit
It's not ally slipping, it's everyone in usa getting too good. More and more I'm starting to think swordgard was right on many occasions.
He threw Apex and Bushido too. You're probably right though.

he got dqed, all drama and info in the reuslts thread
Makes sense. Heard Mew2King talking about it, would explain his placing.

Gichan

Smash Champion
ok mikey relax. I knew he was dqed but he was dqed in WINNERS he still got wooped by havoc in losers. The fact of the matter is, if he was still a top beast he should have plowed through everyone regardless.

And why aren't you at fan expo getting *****?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Dojo was DQ'd very early from winners at Columbus and still got 5th...

I love Ally but I know why he's slipping and I'm gonna post this in the hopes that he reads it and fixes it. Ally doesn't adapt to his opponents very well (a lot of you are gonna say wtf at that), he relies on his intuitive knowledge of the game (which is vast) to win. Considering how much he used to play both online and offline he had been put in every conventional situation imaginable in every matchup in this game enough times to learn the ideal solution to all of them and be able to react to any of them naturally. Now that this game has been out for so long and he isn't practicing as much other players are starting to catch up with him in that regard. It's when his opponents start reading his patterns and intentionally doing things they shouldn't be doing (in short - mindgames) that he visibly starts to fall apart.

Why else would you think I've always been able to have such close games with him, with Ness of all characters, when I'm not even a top 10 player in one of the weakest regions in this game? It's just something I caught onto very early, and clung to it in the hopes that someday I could bring him down in a huge tourney upset, but it hasn't happened and I'm now wishing I said all this sooner because I want to see Ally doing well again.

Elliot I love you man but sometimes you gotta slow down for a few seconds and really observe your opponents patterns and adjusting for them rather than continuously trying to punish what you think they 'should' be doing. You vs Brood was a prime example of this; you're better than that at the Olimar matchup, but he was adapting to your play and you weren't really changing your own play.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Elliot is good at mindgaming, the problem is mostly he isn't updating himself. Although you do have a point, Elliot has been playing less the game over the course of time, and although he can still mindgame and read very well, the problem is the speed at which he adapts. He used to be able to quickly adapt, but that comes through a lot of practice, now his adapating is slowed and some players just find holes in his pattern detection skills. Furthermore Snake simply is not all that great overall tbh, I think Elliot needs to switch chars.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
can anyone recommend a good laptop to get for school? just need it for university, nothing bulky .. as some of you know im balls with computers so i need help deciding haha:p

Mikey7

Smash Lord
my toshiba has been running for 4 years, not a single problem with it. only 1 thing that i did was dumb was manage to rip the powercord, but thats my own fault for not paying enough attention when wrapping it (i guess shoulda been looser).

my sister's toshiba has also been good for 3years now

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Everyone I've known with an Acer has had to get it replaced at some point in time so make sure you grab some kinda warranty on one of those. My brother's Toshiba has been working well for about a year now and I couldn't be happier with my Vaio. Vaio was definitely the most bang for the buck when I bought mine, but things could have easily changed drastically by now.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If your power cord dies, don't go for one of those multi laptop ones with several different voltage settings. All it takes is some ******* turning up the voltage and your laptop is just a fancy paperweight. Happened to me once.

.decoy

Smash Ace
Everyone I've known with an Acer has had to get it replaced at some point in time so make sure you grab some kinda warranty on one of those. My brother's Toshiba has been working well for about a year now and I couldn't be happier with my Vaio. Vaio was definitely the most bang for the buck when I bought mine, but things could have easily changed drastically by now.
a while back i had an acer. it melted.

.decoy

Smash Ace
100% if youre going to use it for school go with 13 inch...its impossible to work on a netbook. take notes yeah, write essays not so much

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'm just curious to know who here has watched Scott Pilgrim vs the world?

That movie is amazing, and it is sad that it didn't reach its expectations now Edgar Wright might not get the full funding for his next movie. For those who don't know he's the one who directed Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, ridiculously epic movies.

Top Bottom