• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah so about my last post
Apparently there might be a Melee tournament going on tomorrow, so if you're planning on coming for the smashfest, hold your horses til I get confirmation with Tin.

zmx

Smash Lord
V115 so you got it working? It's pretty late now but I'm looking forward to playing you at last tommorow if you're available. Just PM and I should respond shortly (I usually have smashboards open on a tab).

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
According to Tin, it's a "melee tourney with a few brawl setups", and from what I've heard, it's working out like this because the Melee tourney has a pretty small turnout.

So Tin and I will be there.

Just making sure you guys know, smashfest today at A&C from 3:30-9. Tin and I will both be there by 3:30.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I won't :/

Can't get to the bank in time to cash my paycheque :/

I was gonna take 1
st in that tourney.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
There was a Brawl tournament at my uni (UTSC) a few days ago...yesterday actually. I finally got to meet Kongmetal there! (I got first and he got second, go figure)

Ruleset for the tourney was Unity Ruleset, EXCEPT for the following
-Stage was on random out of the starters
-All sets were Bo1 except for GFs, which was Bo3 (time constraints)
-Pools were 4 people each, top 2 make it out. Round Robin was not used; instead, a 4 player FFA was used as the pools
-Single elimination

The best guy there other than myself and Kong was this dude that claims he was in our scene in 09, but he quit cause he mains Ganon and he was tired of getting destroyed by MKs.
Yeah, the best guy there other than Kong and myself was a Ganon main. Go figure.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I cannot get over how amazing my avatar is.
Everybody please compliment me on my avatar. I don't think I'll ever change it.
Dem birds be swaggerous, yo.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I've been broke for a while and live in Ottawa, but I'll totally come to the next Toronto/GTA event that the rest of us show interest in. I need to get some Brawl- in with Dirt, anyway.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i heard someone say brawl-, i am interested

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I've been broke for a while and live in Ottawa, but I'll totally come to the next Toronto/GTA event that the rest of us show interest in. I need to get some Brawl- in with Dirt, anyway.
That sounds awesome, though I've been considering not showing to the monthlies we have anymore and just going to the bigger things like RoS and Impulse. I just hate Brawl so much now.

You talking about Ray Kalm?
My immediate thought too.

Also for anyone else who's been following Street Fighter x Tekken, remember the boxart from MegaMan 1?

New character for the game

I am far too amused at this.

Unfortunately he's a console exclusive so unusable in tournaments, but I don't really care.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Brawl monthlies, lol. I"m almost always at them.

I'ma try and make it out on the 25th, I'm just having money troubles again so we'll see.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'ma chortle as I bomb, boomerang, and arrow you, and then land one grab and you're dead.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Would people be down for weekly(-ish) smashfests at my house, thursday/fridays (dependent on which day I have off a given week)? I live near Weston/401.

Just thinking I might do that.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I could do thursdays on occasion...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's not really all that cramped, it's a side area from the actual living room and if we have to we could just move over to the actual living room. I'd just need a hand moving a TV. It's really ****ing heavy.

And Brawl, Melee, 64, and Project:M once it releases would be pretty much it. TvC's also an option. But I'm assuming mostly Brawl
(Minus?)

I also want to set up some kind of random matchup thing for our region.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
lol like a matchup chart for our region?

stef vs everyone: -4

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Nonono, like a sort of ladder-esque sort of thing, Gi was going to do one waaay back when we were still at TFNS for venues. where two players get matched up randomly, play a set, that sort of thing. Help some players with MU knowledge and tournament pressure, that sort of thing.

Top Bottom