• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Patches

Smash Master
I'mma keep watching prices until I buy my tickets, which will be in maybe.. a month or so. So I'll keep people that are interested informed of prices.

Edit: This is how much I think Genesis would be all together.

300 round trip ticket
50 - 60 for food
50ish for Genesis
Dunno how much public transportation is (From airport to Antioch/hotel)
and XXX for hotel. Depending on is 1 person pays for all 5 days, or a couple of people split the payment, etc.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, hype minus six days. Its worse than ****ing christmas.

Preordered MVC3 today. Anyone who plays ps3 give me an add, Ive been playing SSFIV trying to get back into the flow of non-smash fighters.

Looft_waffleZ

Will also school anyone in Civilzation Revolution

KillLock

Smash Lord
me and boom played terrible in winners bracket lol, boom not playing for a month johns and me having sleep johns.

GFs my DI goes back to beast mode after a bottle of coke as usual, lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Not nearly as bad as superboom DI.

This one time he died to a Ness fthrow as snake. The worst DI I have ever seen. Too bad it wasn't recorded.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Brawl scene is meh.

An annoying lack of smashfests.

I also want to try Project M. Specifically against humans, I'm sick of DTilting at edges so the CPU air dodges and plummets to his death.

Connoisseur

Smash Rookie

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wait, Patches is picking up D3?

D3 dittos are the most silly thing ever.

Except maybe Olimar or Pit dittos.

Patches

Smash Master
Wait, Patches is picking up D3?

D3 dittos are the most silly thing ever.

Except maybe Olimar or Pit dittos.
I play D3 strictly against Snakes. Maybe Donkey Kongs cause of the infinite. But that's about it.
Where as I'm thinking I'm only going to play GaW in doubles or something like that, or as counter picks depending on where you take my snake/me and depending on how good my Snake can get before Genesis 2.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Fair enough. I considered picking up GDubz for a while, that Snake MU is ********.

Though now I know who I won't be playing my DK against.

And don't drop GaW. Take a break for a while if you think you aren't improving, post matches on the GaW boards to get critiqued, but your GaW is pretty good.

Patches

Smash Master
Fair enough. I considered picking up GDubz for a while, that Snake MU is ********.

Though now I know who I won't be playing my DK against.

And don't drop GaW. Take a break for a while if you think you aren't improving, post matches on the GaW boards to get critiqued, but your GaW is pretty good.
Meh. He's just at a point where he isn't improving/taking his sweet *** time.

If you read my blog though, that's what I'm gonna do. Every day. And I'll just improve that way from watching and learning.

@SRTM: no. I dun want.
@Cyan: I'm not... dropping him. I just won't be using him as much.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So my parents have given me three weeks to either find a job, join the army, or leave.

Well I'm ****ed. Can't find a job, and don't have that half-credit for career studies so I can't join the army (I'm working on it now).

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Amusing anecdote for GaW: the general advice for playing the MU as Zelda is to put down the controller and punch your opponent in the face.

Come to think of it, GaW wrecks up a bunch of the low and mid tiers pretty badly.

Anyways, I couldn't see Olimar being bad for GaW ever. Marth might have a slight advantage, and I could see Diddy giving him problems.

Also MK is not GaW's hardest MU. iirc it was even at one point until the MK mains realized they could cut right through everything with shuttle loop. I'm pretty sure they list it as 55:45 last I checked.

EDIT Checking now, apparently I underestimate Marth in the MU, it's just as bad as Snake, Olimar is listed as 55:45 GaW, MK is 40:60 as is Diddy.

EDIT EDIT 4 bad MUs only? The worst being about 35:65? On a character in the past I've considered picking up? Wow. That's something new. Most character I've considered have at least one MU considered worse than 25:75.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I was already considering Dedede to complement the ICs, but the more I'm trying to learn the ICs, the more I'm realizing that they're just not for me. Learn all this ridiculous amount of skill just to get ripped to shreds by MK? No thank you.

There's still the major problem of GaW's weight that bothers me, but w/e. At least I won't get juggled retardedly anymore.

Patches

Smash Master
His weight is something you learn to deal with. It becomes less and less of a problem as you learn him. Especially when you get a good hang on to bucket braking, the only time you generally notice it is when you get killed from up above, rather than on the sides.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I was already considering Dedede to complement the ICs, but the more I'm trying to learn the ICs, the more I'm realizing that they're just not for me. Learn all this ridiculous amount of skill just to get ripped to shreds by MK? No thank you.

There's still the major problem of GaW's weight that bothers me, but w/e. At least I won't get juggled retardedly anymore.
Ics do well vs MK compared to most of the cast. Some characters just do better.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
So my parents have given me three weeks to either find a job, join the army, or leave.

Well I'm ****ed. Can't find a job, and don't have that half-credit for career studies so I can't join the army (I'm working on it now).
Its almost impossible not to land a minimum wage job, like impossible. Its just a mild pain in the ***

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Go apply at a Tim Hortons. Someone quits from every one of them every few weeks (with good reason mind you; the job is ****ing awful, but at least it will appease your parents).

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The MU just feels far too painful for me.

I also do need a character other than the IC for tournaments while I learn them, since they seem to have a rather steep learning curve.

Top Bottom