• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Ad hominem Money Match? =)
How much? Yoshi vs. Ness? I'll **** you like I did in the Brawl+ tournament!

Beep!

Lol Marik.

Brawl sucks, noone in MTL plays either
Brawl does suck, Avarice doesn't seem to understand that though.

I'm fine with people liking their games respectively, but at least get the reasoning right.

On second thought, random trolling has made this thread more active than it's been in a year. Keep it up I guess.
I'm not trolling at all, haha. I'm being dead serious, Brawl is complete and utter garbage.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Trolling? What is it?

Anyways Avarice, have you play something called Touhou Hisoutensoku?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
@Marik:
This is probably the last time I'll respond to one of your posts in here before I just write the rest of them off as trolling but:

1. Sure, but it sounds like I'll never see you at a tourney anyway :S. Congrats on beating me in a game I've never played outside of tournament (which you know, we have a lot of); I seem to recall my 1-hour old ZSS giving you some trouble. =)

2. At one point I felt I did understand that "Brawl sucks", then I realized I was wrong and the truth was "I suck" so I went and fixed that. I understand that some people are slower to reach these epiphanies though.

You never have clarified what that "reasoning" is by the way.

3. And once again, why are you even posting here then? We have a Melee thread and it's been there for a long time; go there.

@JNO:
I have not but I have seen it played by a number of people at college... The kind of people who are bad at every game they play and just spam things hoping they win but....people nonetheless.

BBCS, SSFIV, Brawl, SC2, and Melee are my current games in rough order of the amount of effort I'm devoting to them at the moment.

.Marik

is a social misfit
That was my second time I ever touched the game. Dead serious.

I was trolling about you being a scrub, but Brawl is so limited once you delve into Melee, and all the aspects that make it great.

After a while, you reach the pinnacle of improvement in Brawl. In Melee, there is pretty much no such thing. A player and character's potential is unlimited, the same can't be said for Brawl.

I'll play Brawl in friendlies, but the "reasoning" you're asking from me has been provided thousands of times, across every thread in the Canadian regional zone.

I came here in a playful manner, but it always results in people getting severely emotional.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I was trolling back about the MM/scrub/whatever thing as well; it's pretty rare for me to use smilies while being serious.

As I've mentioned before, the fundamentals I listed are too abstract to be assigned any sort of numeric limit to how far they can be refined. M2K isn't even at this "pinnacle of improvement" as every time I see him play he has improved significantly from the last time. Execution is limited in Brawl of course, but then it is in Melee too, just in Melee it's limited by human physical ability rather than the game itself. It seems you would rather play a game where the limit is based on muscle memory and genetics rather than a game where the limit is based on the player's knowledge of the game itself. This is fine, but I am saying that I (as well as many others) would disagree. I want to make it clear however that I do still play a lot of Melee.

Also I want to apologize really badly to SRTM for washing away his post in this deluge of madness. I'm in the process of watching the video right now. Some of it is very cool (loving the TL parts) but some of it is just "oh he rolled into a dsmash" and as someone who has made videos to lukewarm receptions before I just want to tell you from my experience that it's better to make a video shorter and be more selective than to try to fill enough footage to fit the song or whatever. It's legit for a first video though so good stuff.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
That too >.<

I'm sorry Srtm, I'll give you a hug next time we meet =P

And I love the music XD The video makes me feel all fuzzy inside my tummy ^^

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'll always love a fellow Canadian. <3

Come over here and give me a big hug, eh?

Semantics are annoying, way too tired to discuss further LOL.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
for some reason i just realized ive had the same dream where i main scizor in brawl the past 2 nights what the **** LOL

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Yo that's an awesome recurring dream. Here's hoping I can have one where I main Optimus Prime in Brawl.

Only recurring dream I can remember having is the one I think every kid has at some point where the roller coaster goes off the tracks.... used to have that **** almost every night.

Yet somehow I love roller coasters lol.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
lol we all have weird dreams =P

Once I dreamt of being someone like James Bonds, next thing I know I was in a Shoppers Drug Mart in the 3rd isle and I hate to run away from this black abyss that had teeth and I have to go on a scooter through the isles dodging water spills on the floor and people's shopping carts, at the end of that I went into a Taco Bell and ordered their 5 taco deal but than I felt nauseated and barfed out bullets and an M4A1, some handgun that looked like a Colt and a AWP, than I decided to trade it in at McDonalds for a golden pug statue.

Yes, I know.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I don't know why I like to dream about Taco Bell, but every time I dream of Taco Bell I think about their tacos and something related to the Afgan War...

I don't even know what to say.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
lol we all have weird dreams =P

Once I dreamt of being someone like James Bonds, next thing I know I was in a Shoppers Drug Mart in the 3rd isle and I hate to run away from this black abyss that had teeth and I have to go on a scooter through the isles dodging water spills on the floor and people's shopping carts, at the end of that I went into a Taco Bell and ordered their 5 taco deal but than I felt nauseated and barfed out bullets and an M4A1, some handgun that looked like a Colt and a AWP, than I decided to trade it in at McDonalds for a golden pug statue.

Yes, I know.
Once, I dreamt that I was inside a museum with like vases and pots and stuff. then I got lost in this museum and wanted to get out. then this fat woman said you can go out and see your parents when this pot melts. i was like "but this pot will never melt!" then the fat lady just laughed or something. then i woke up and cried to my parents :(

swordgard

Smash Hero
for some reason i just realized ive had the same dream where i main scizor in brawl the past 2 nights what the **** LOL
Scizor was top tier iirc in pokemon for a while or something. Don't take my word for it though. I am guessing that made your mind make the link between MK and him since you main MK.

And seriously, who wouldn't want to main such a ****** pokemon.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Once, I had a dream that I got to play Brawl during all the Dojo hype, and it was super, super fun. Combos galore, and I especially remember Bowser being really good, keeping up with Fox, who was an exact copy of Melee fox.

It's nice to have dreams.

PND

Smash Champion
I had a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." I had a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood. I had a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I had a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

Also, I once had a dream I was on Sesame Street. **** was awesome, chillin' with Grover and Snufflufugus

SRTM

Smash Ace
Also I want to apologize really badly to SRTM for washing away his post in this deluge of madness. I'm in the process of watching the video right now. Some of it is very cool (loving the TL parts) but some of it is just "oh he rolled into a dsmash" and as someone who has made videos to lukewarm receptions before I just want to tell you from my experience that it's better to make a video shorter and be more selective than to try to fill enough footage to fit the song or whatever. It's legit for a first video though so good stuff.
Understood, thanks :p

That too >.<

I'm sorry Srtm, I'll give you a hug next time we meet =P

And I love the music XD The video makes me feel all fuzzy inside my tummy ^^

GG's, and thanks!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Fairly sure that's your body struggling to digest the lactose and your mind attempting to link the discomfort to some tangible idea while you sleep. You can get a similar effect from potent spices.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
apparently you can force yourself to lucid dream
I tried it before briefly and decided it wasn't really worth the effort. Some people may disagree though so go for it if you really want to try it out. It just takes a pretty significant commitment before you see any results.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I tried it before briefly and decided it wasn't really worth the effort. Some people may disagree though so go for it if you really want to try it out. It just takes a pretty significant commitment before you see any results.
They also apparently result in sleep and physiological problems.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
why isn't there a Pinsir evolution...

been wondering that for a while now

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
ya know before when I was nine, I thought that Jynx was a man that was awkwardly drawn cause I was new to cartoons/anime at the time.

Or I was being racist at that time.

But Jynx doesn't need an evolution, Ditto does. But too bad Ditto's gonna be OU if that special ability will come into competitive pokemon...

Top Bottom