• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Everything in bold is subjective.
...No it's not.

You plank or camp anyone, and they won't enjoy the match.

You get planked or camped, and you won't enjoy the match.

if you honest to god truly do enjoy it then id feel sorry for you.

Hype

Smash Lord
On the other hand, while the act of camping and doing it properly may take some apparent skill, the need to camp implies that one does not have the skill to finish the match.
No. I know this was directed at Tinman but I feel the need to respond. I don't grant to implicit premise that "we only camp if we need to." We don't all play normally then camp if we need to, that's a scrub playstyle. Camping is a legitimate strategy (your argument against this before didn't follow logically).

Hype, imho, the air time rule is more prevalent because when someone planks the ledge it's obvious in its act and if abused seriously enough will garner unwanted attention to the planker. With air planking however, someone needs only approach here and there, and create the illusion of an offense while in reality avoiding at all times. The player may feel that the air planker is attacking them but they'll quickly find themselves frustrated and confused as to why they can't effectively strike back. Air planking is easier to hide and far more effective than ledge planking, which is why I'm all for the japanese rule.
lolwut?

ok, I thought your problem was just with planking not air planking. I don't think there is any problem with air planking anywhere in brawl, it just doesn't work vs. people who know how to deal with it. It's not winning tournaments. It's not even that good.

Hype

Smash Lord
@Cruxis, Tinman is right, that is subjective. Camping with falco is really fun, it's all about reading your opponents' approaches.

edit: misread cruxis's post. But getting camped is still fun because you have to be unpredictable with your approaches

also Cruxis, all you do is nade camp and try to shut down approaches with grab, ftilt, and spot dodge, with the occasional mortar slide. it's still fun to play you.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
also Cruxis, all you do is nade camp and try to shut down approaches with grab, ftilt, and spot dodge, with the occasional mortar slide. it's still fun to play you.
only against MKs lol i cant be aggressive i have to play gay

Iliad

Smash Lord
lolwut?
It's not winning tournaments. It's not even that good.
lolwat

... You're being serious steve?

lolwat

M2k vs Gnes

M2k vs Ally

M2k vs Anyone he fears will beat him

And I love zimmermanson from cinnamonson but bro, it's the truth.

*edit*

Tinman, I'm gonna have to say, Nick is pretty free. He lost to Raidos, and you beat Raidos, so you should be able to beat him, right? And yeah I'll 20$ mm your Rob with MK lmao

nickcam

Smash Ace
Let illiad pick his **** for a money match. What u mad scared tinman that he'll beast on you

.Marik

is a social misfit
Iliad.

That rule is terrible.

Brawl is a campy game. Adding ineffective techniques will severely limit the amount of options available, but won't necessarily eliminate the problem.

Some characters rely on abusing their aerial game in order to win. By adding this rule, you're severely hurting those characters, their metagame, and subsequently the players controlling them.

Just my opinion, but I probably won't show up for a tournament hosted under this ruleset.

.Marik

is a social misfit
i said before, culex aint free, thats tourney level shit, I can win but it aint guaranteed

any character Iliad uses vs my mains (that isn't marth) is completely free, which is why i don't hesitate to drop 20$ knowing i will win
Much drama is going to ensue.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Tinaye, I just wanna say, if I beat your ROB with MK, I'm going to call you free vs anyone you play, forever, just because you made the comment "Anyone who Iliad plays that isn't Marth is completely free against my mains" lmao.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
****nnnnn ahaaha, tinmans scared of a rusty culex/nickcam, but calls a iliad free.

You cant take that ish man, forget callling him free if you win. Raise it the MM!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tinaye, I just wanna say, if I beat your ROB with MK, I'm going to call you free vs anyone you play, forever, just because you made the comment "Anyone who Iliad plays that isn't Marth is completely free against my mains" lmao.
denying u this will be my pleasure ;), I will be humble in victory knowing i just robed u of 20$

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
make someone who doesnt play smash read the past three pages LOL

tinman gets it in!

edit: YUSSSS my japanese rule surfaces again yusss

Cruxis

Smash Lord
i must go to the tourney where this MM will take place

and lets get some MDK commentary on that

MRbloke1

Smash Rookie
Iliad.

That rule is terrible.

Brawl is a campy game. Adding ineffective techniques will severely limit the amount of options available, but won't necessarily eliminate the problem.

Just my opinion, but I probably won't show up for a tournament hosted under this ruleset.
Now I'll let you have your opinion but camping (or turtling) is considered a popular strat in many fighting games. Your right about brawl but you should consider the amount of turtling in Street Fighter, especially with grapple characters, Like T. Hawk (:

also no sidebet

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Grasping at straws for some hype here in the gta scene...

Also Mr Bloke, for whatever reason I completely remember your name, although I don't remember you individually, welcome back.

MRbloke1

Smash Rookie
Grasping at straws for some hype here in the gta scene...

Also Mr Bloke, for whatever reason I completely remember your name, although I don't remember you individually, welcome back.
yeah i was a late joiner in the niagara fails scene. I only went to one tourney, which was only in niagara 2 i think, and a good amount of practises but i was involved.

Top Bottom