• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauc3

Smash Lord
i use ics cuz i win sometimes, and i like to think i could place better, if there was no money involved I would prob go kirby all the way.

i agree with culex on some points
melee is fun no matter who i play, getting wrecked by raynex or wrecking people worse then me, its all awesome.
But if i put money into something, i'm not gunna sandbag

swordgard

Smash Hero
nox will always be better than me in Melee, but idc. Game is still fun whether I win or lose.
This!

Melee is always fun even If you get wombo'd or JV 3-4 stocked. No matter how bad I am at melee now, it'll always be the ****.

The way I see it Is competive brawl is fun too, even though I don't play for PR or money, cuz If I did I'd use MK or play gay. I went CF vs MK before (Phil I'll never let u live down that knee XD) in a tourny, That **** is epic, but the way I see it Is MK and IC's doesn't make the competitve scene fun at times. I faced Judge at SNES and 95% of his game was nado (ask Carter), I couldn't do ****. He wanted the win and the money though w.e.

Brawl is sick! but if you really wanna play for JUST money and not "fun" use MK or play gay with chars and you'll succeed. .... Me? I play for respect, and sh*ts and giggles. Brawl(or melee) + Bi.tches + Food + Nujabes would= The life....Food alone=love

I'll pick up and TRY to main MK someday =D! "TRY" will be hard, I can't main anyone in this game. CF is my favourite to use though, no doubt.[/QUOTE]

What if i enjoy playing ics/MK? I dont play for money/PR though, i play to improve and because i enjoy the game.

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
lol What do you want me to say? Then you enjoy playing as MK/IC's? XD.....Just my opinion, If you don't play for PR or money and you use those characters because you "enjoy" using them. I would think thats ALMOST a lie bro, because MK or IC's aren't nearly as enjoyable as some other characters like CF, Samus, Snake, etc (mind you'd have to be at least decent for you to enjoy the char). You should try it! I'm sure your lucario if you still use him is more fun then using your MK.

1 button ruins a lot for a lot of chars. OGi made me howl in his dubz team match when he was MK at his tournament. Just 3 mistakes of spacing will get you 0-death against a IC who knows how to CG the char. Have not played you SG, but I'll assume you know the way of CG'ing.
MK=nado,dsmash,ftilt,fair,nair "crazy" off the edge edgeguarding, IC's=ice blocks, ice breath, some side b's, grab-death.

I aint trying to offend anyone who uses those chars as mains, because your doing you. I've pretty much accepted MK here after facing Judge, cuz God **** it feels like sex when you beat a MK without MK. Don't get me wrong though! MK and 0-death grabs are still GAY + an uncharged dsmash that can rack up 40% Holy T.its. Yes I've used MK before against other MKs cuz I felt at a disadvantage. CF has no fears though.

And Sexy Sauc3, I don't sandbag at tournaments that'd be dumb =p. But money is always well spent when it's a whole day of huge casuals with different people. Just some chicks are needed then it's on like Donkey Kong!

Also Kalm is the new Gimpyfish from here!

tha_carter

Smash Ace
nox will always be better than me in Melee, but idc. Game is still fun whether I win or lose.
are you two playing competitively? I said in a competitive atmosphere. Losing isnt an issue until you put money is on the line. Im sure you or your bank account would learn to care then ahahaahah

and decoy, 'winning' doesnt mean 1st place. People have different goals. Culex runs around trying to knee and spike people. And if he gets it; he 'wins'. If Ally is in a tourney with 300+ people and gets second, he "loses".

Constantly not achieving your goal(s), and refusing to get better almost always leads to a person dismissing it as 'not fun'. And im speaking competitively, not generally.

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
are you two playing competitively? I said in a competitive atmosphere. Losing isnt an issue until you put money is on the line. Im sure you or your bank account would learn to care then ahahaahah

and decoy, 'winning' doesnt mean 1st place. People have different goals. Culex runs around trying to knee and spike people. And if he gets it; he 'wins'. If Ally is in a tourney with 300+ people and gets second, he "loses".

Constantly not achieving your goal(s), and refusing to get better almost always leads to a person dismissing it as 'not fun'. And im speaking competitively, not generally.

HAHA man I almost had a tear come out cuz it's so true LOL!

Don't believe it? 2:29 - 2:33 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGIrhBGwGrA
To bad it had no voice recording.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I wasn't being that serious when I said that guys. Chill.

And to answer your question, I don't know. Spare time I guess, and I like the community. Fun to me is not about winning or losing, of course winning is fun, but it doesn't matter to me. But then again, I've never really taken Smash too seriously.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
some people say they can have fun with melee by playing any character even if they get ***** but will play seriously and have less fun with brawl. It sounds like your not playing melee competitively, play brawl with any character, no one is stopping you, and you don't have to play competitively either. Just treat both competitive aspects of each games as separate. Don't compare them, its healthier that way.

swordgard

Smash Hero
lol What do you want me to say? Then you enjoy playing as MK/IC's? XD.....Just my opinion, If you don't play for PR or money and you use those characters because you "enjoy" using them. I would think thats ALMOST a lie bro, because MK or IC's aren't nearly as enjoyable as some other characters like CF, Samus, Snake, etc (mind you'd have to be at least decent for you to enjoy the char). You should try it! I'm sure your lucario if you still use him is more fun then using your MK.

1 button ruins a lot for a lot of chars. OGi made me howl in his dubz team match when he was MK at his tournament. Just 3 mistakes of spacing will get you 0-death against a IC who knows how to CG the char. Have not played you SG, but I'll assume you know the way of CG'ing.
MK=nado,dsmash,ftilt,fair,nair "crazy" off the edge edgeguarding, IC's=ice blocks, ice breath, some side b's, grab-death.

I aint trying to offend anyone who uses those chars as mains, because your doing you. I've pretty much accepted MK here after facing Judge, cuz God **** it feels like sex when you beat a MK without MK. Don't get me wrong though! MK and 0-death grabs are still GAY + an uncharged dsmash that can rack up 40% Holy T.its. Yes I've used MK before against other MKs cuz I felt at a disadvantage. CF has no fears though.

And Sexy Sauc3, I don't sandbag at tournaments that'd be dumb =p. But money is always well spent when it's a whole day of huge casuals with different people. Just some chicks are needed then it's on like Donkey Kong!

Also Kalm is the new Gimpyfish from here!
I actually love to play ice climbers because its all about setting up traps and forcing the opponent to lose options due to the fear of the grab. The only problem is i kind of find it boring vs bad players(no offence meant there to anyone i didnt play with ics) because getting the grab is not a challenge at all, i dont even need to reduce your options, grab>stock. Ics are like a puzzle at highest level of gameplay on what you can afford to do or what you cant using desynchs and shiz and finally doing something people never saw before(creativity with them is mindblowing, especially vs snake/diddy/MK).

I also love playing snake due to his mindgame potential, but i do find it slightly annoying that i only have to win like 1/3rd of the rock paper scissors fight in close range to win, which is why im slowly going away from only playing him in friendlies when im not ics. I used to hate playing MK cause my MK sucked ***, but i picked him up again in singles and i swear hes fun to use, the options with him are really incredible. Hes far from being a 1 button char that i can tell you, nor are snake or ics for that matter. I enjoyed lucario for a while but decided to no longer use him, hes not all that fun(i find his approach very linear), i now use him in B+ though hes slightly more fun thar.

I can tell you however that ics are not nearly as bad to fight as you guys make em out to be.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

Even competitively, I enjoyed my losses. Maybe I had an optimistic outlook back then.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Yeah sorry I'm with Tin on this one, Alex if competitive brawl is not fun why do you choose to compete?
one thing i dont get though is why alex continues to play if its not fun and he doesn't win...
because ive only come to realize now that competetive brawl isnt fun.

before id always lie to myself, pretend i was enjoying it. pretend it was fair i got camped, planked, etc. w/e.

but ive only realized now after going to the bank how much money i have wasted on this. and im not doing it anymore.

thats why im not going to niagara. thats why im not going to LBT2. because i know i wont win, and i know i wont have fun.

ill only be going to tourneys that i know i have a chance at top 3 at, which are tourneys without holy, or mk ban tourneys.
so this doesnt mean i quit, it just means that im going to less tourneys.

sure, some people might find competitve brawl to be fun. but i dont, not after the amount it has fucked me over and wasted my time.

also, one more thing to add, i dont think brawl is not fun because i dont get first place.

ally whips my ass all the time, but why do i keep going back to play him?
i find him to be a really enjoyable opponent that can always surprise me, and i can learn from. its what i call a good match.

but with all the stupid shit that goes on here and my godawful, terrible luck, i dont find it fun.

besides, who the hell enjoys wasting their money and time? tourneys are fucking long, costly, and FARRRRR from me.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I find it lame....i hope you come back with a vengeance to overcome the gayness.

I ****ing hate how this scene always loses our great players, god ****. MDK, Bug, Cyan, Ambrose, JL, Pharoah, Chaotic ( he just completely stopped playing), and others who had a lot of potential and then just leave ( freaking PoisonMist disappeared), I'm probably forgetting many. This is how the scene remains dead and lame. God dammit!

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Lmfao dude after Pastaboys OIN ( 7th place, my WORST placing ), I easily felt the SAME way you do right now, I didn't win anything, and didn't enjoy getting my *** kicked by ambrose and minus..

I said I quit, I'm like **** this game, if I'm not going to place in money why bother going, lalala.

Guess what? I came back the next week to GI's too poor for genesis tourney and beat out everyone in GTA, and lost 3-2 to Holy in GFS, wanna know why I came back?

Cause' unlike you, I believe that practice makes for perfection, and even if you don't reach that level right away, you can only get better, and there is always room for improvement.

So instead of *****ing about planking, camping, cging, etc.. You should find ways to counter it instead of being afraid of losing to it, like when I told you about nade grabs, did you ever lose to brose / raidos again in tourney?

Stop whining bro you have mad potential you just need to play more wifi with myself, Joe, and Anti and we can turn you into a top 5 player easily, if you don't put in the time. don't expect to see improvement.

edit: That is why Joe is 3rd right now, he put in the time, he deserves his spot, take a lesson from him, do what he did, and you can be that next 3rd place if you really wanted to.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Lmfao dude after Pastaboys OIN ( 7th place, my WORST placing ), I easily felt the SAME way you do right now, I didn't win anything, and didn't enjoy getting my *** kicked by ambrose and minus..

I said I quit, I'm like **** this game, if I'm not going to place in money why bother going, lalala.

Guess what? I came back the next week to GI's too poor for genesis tourney and beat out everyone in GTA, and lost 3-2 to Holy in GFS, wanna know why I came back?

Cause' unlike you, I believe that practice makes for perfection, and even if you don't reach that level right away, you can only get better, and there is always room for improvement.

So instead of *****ing about planking, camping, cging, etc.. You should find ways to counter it instead of being afraid of losing to it, like when I told you about nade grabs, did you ever lose to brose / raidos again in tourney?

Stop whining bro you have mad potential you just need to play more wifi with myself, Joe, and Anti and we can turn you into a top 5 player easily, if you don't put in the time. don't expect to see improvement.

edit: That is why Joe is 3rd right now, he put in the time, he deserves his spot, take a lesson from him, do what he did, and you can be that next 3rd place if you really wanted to.
No worries, il still get the grabs on him : D

Also, i approve of this post.

Cruxis

Smash Lord

you dont understand

i would go by exactly what you said, if it werent for the fact that there are more important things than brawl.

next year im going to university. im going to university in Egypt, pretty **** far dont you think.
do you really think im going to pay a $500 plane ticket just to come to tourneys?
fuck no

my brawling will be done next year, at least offline. so i feel that i shouldnt waste any more money on these tourneys, unless im going to make a profit.

D

Deleted member

Cruxis, Doc's telling you that he got better by practicing. You're saying you don't have fun because you keep losing money and matches.

Doc says to get better.

You say you can't.

You defeat yourself before you even show up. Instead of "go home", it's "stay home".

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
Too bad theres no money for most knees/spikes in a tourny.
Culex would be rich.
If only life was like that, your right, i'd be **** rich!

I actually love to play ice climbers because its all about setting up traps and forcing the opponent to lose options due to the fear of the grab. The only problem is i kind of find it boring vs bad players(no offence meant there to anyone i didnt play with ics) because getting the grab is not a challenge at all, i dont even need to reduce your options, grab>stock. Ics are like a puzzle at highest level of gameplay on what you can afford to do or what you cant using desynchs and shiz and finally doing something people never saw before(creativity with them is mindblowing, especially vs snake/diddy/MK).

I also love playing snake due to his mindgame potential, but i do find it slightly annoying that i only have to win like 1/3rd of the rock paper scissors fight in close range to win, which is why im slowly going away from only playing him in friendlies when im not ics. I used to hate playing MK cause my MK sucked ***, but i picked him up again in singles and i swear hes fun to use, the options with him are really incredible. Hes far from being a 1 button char that i can tell you, nor are snake or ics for that matter. I enjoyed lucario for a while but decided to no longer use him, hes not all that fun(i find his approach very linear), i now use him in B+ though hes slightly more fun thar.

I can tell you however that ics are not nearly as bad to fight as you guys make em out to be.
My opinion MK is far from being "fun". He's quite boring actually. If you want to play "fun" chars, you must try out others. He obviously gots enough options, but it's no fun winning with him even in friendlies. So boring, to fight, and to use. IC's are not gay, there grab is, but I've accepted facing Ice baby demons and MK.

swordgard

Smash Hero
If only life was like that, your right, i'd be **** rich!

My opinion MK is far from being "fun". He's quite boring actually. If you want to play "fun" chars, you must try out others. He obviously gots enough options, but it's no fun winning with him even in friendlies. So boring, to fight, and to use. IC's are not gay, there grab is, but I've accepted facing Ice baby demons and MK.
You do realize fun is very very very subjective. I really enjoy playing as MK recently, way more than i used to. I like to fight him even more though in singles. I tried other chars, i play with random all the time at school and i find alot of the "fun" chars, aka mid tiers and below are often meh, though i have a couple of exceptions. I do tend to do much better with chars i find i have to be having fun with.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Pharoah, please stay lolololl, toronto ****ing NEEDS you, Sauga is having a monopoly on this scene. We lost Ambrose and lost two potentially great players when they just disappeared in thin air (Mist and Lkp). We only have Doc...wooooow. One ****ing player. Please man, until you leave to Egypt, just play till then! You'll be placing top 3 again, don't worry.

Maaaan, I remember the wifi route, sucks it didn't help me much. some players are just meant to suck.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i see where ur comin from alex,i had the same prob when i used fox....maybe try getting a secondary idk lol

also i just remember this on the drive home from work:

WHO ****ING REMEMBERS WHEN AMBROSE DID THE MULTIPLE UAIR>NADO DEATH COMBO ON ME AND HOLY AT THE SAME TIME IN TOURNEY? HOLLLYYYYYYYYY FUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK AMBROSE COME BACK!!!!!!!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
JL combo indeed beats all..i wish more people coulda seen broses epic moment though it was a really small tourney(i think it was at dimmys 10man tourney lol)

man stop making me think of the old school brawl stuff,now im gonna go watch jl vs anther for a bit,then some lain vs ambrose following that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom