• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAce

Smash Ace
no1 counters DDD he only has even matchups like GaW and Falco if mk is banned.
rite now the only counter to ddd is mk and most of the times when the best DDDs are knocked out from tournies it is from a MK

Percon

Smash Lord
IMO DDD has bad matchups vs Oimar and ICs, and an bunch of even ones. Seibrik was sent to the loser's bracket in CH4 by blackwaltz (then azen)

Though I do believe if MK goes then DDD will be the next dude everyone complains about.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
3De has bad stages
3De has bad matchups
3De is not 3De's worst matchup
3De is not breaking the metagame
3De is slow and punishable
3De is not an easy character to pick up and dominate with
3De does not have a b move that out prioritizes 7/8's of the entire casts moves

lol, MK is the only ban-worthy character.

Miller

Smash Lord
no1 counters DDD he only has even matchups like GaW and Falco if mk is banned.
rite now the only counter to ddd is mk and most of the times when the best DDDs are knocked out from tournies it is from a MK
HAHAHHA
10IceClimbers

Lets look at this chart for IC against High tiers (By chart I mean 6 lines I typed)
MK 3-7
Snake 3-7
D3 6-4 or 7-3 (Its inbetween that)
Falco 50-50
Marth 65-35
GaW is about 4-6

KingAce

Smash Ace
nope max, seibrik at ch4 lost to azen and mew2king.
and na ice climbers are beatable with ddd ezily

nickcam

Smash Ace
I agree with Ace completely.......... Once MK is gone to many DDD's will take over

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Falco > Dedede in the straight up matchup. I wouldn't say its even cause there really isn't anything dedede has on Falco except trying to edgegimp (which 100% of the cast tries to do on falco so....)
Being the speed he is, dedede is nowhere near as gay and unable to counter as MK.

If MK gets banned, the way the rest of the top and high tiers work the game actually balances out really nicely. There is no MK 2.0.

Also Miller you have to have the most biased, worst neutral opinions when it comes to anything that has to do with ICs. (Hell it took you forever to admit MK counters them) I'd ask Ambrose for how they do against all the top tiers like that.

Miller

Smash Lord
Falco > Dedede in the straight up matchup. I wouldn't say its even cause there really isn't anything dedede has on Falco except trying to edgegimp (which 100% of the cast tries to do on falco so....)
Being the speed he is, dedede is nowhere near as gay and unable to counter as MK.

If MK gets banned, the way the rest of the top and high tiers work the game actually balances out really nicely. There is no MK 2.0.

Also Miller you have to have the most biased, worst neutral opinions when it comes to anything that has to do with ICs. (Hell it took you forever to admit MK counters them) I'd ask Ambrose for how they do against all the top tiers like that.
I said MK didn't counter IC as hard as everyone thought.
Also, what I said on that "chart", its based off of complete fact, if you really want me to explain it all to you, just ask.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Fact!? :laugh:
How could anyone's subjective opinion thats based upon how their IC's do against certain characters be complete fact?

Sorry, you just don't know as much about this game as you think you do, and if you did you'd be #1, or at least place better. (Kinda like Ace, who you said " shows what you know" to, the irony is killing me.)
Thats why I'd rather go by Ambrose's opinion of the matchups, cause he knows better, its as simple as that.

KingAce

Smash Ace
um i can give reasons for why falco is like 50/50 for DDD. running away sh lasering and then side b doesnt work well at all on DDDs. a big part of falcos game is the grab game imo, and its really hard to get a grab off on DDD especially with his spot dodge and grab range. also characters like snake/fox/wolf/DK etc if you cg them and spike them off the ledge you can either edgehog or just hit them again and thats an entire stock gone there.

with ddd the fight really starts at like 60% after DDD has been chaingrabbed and spiked. ddd cant be killed from the spike unless you want to go for a double spike which is EXTREMELY risky especially with falcos recovery, and also avoidable if the ddd is smart with 5 jumps. falco probably wont kill dedede until high 100s in the 170%+ range without a well placed fsmash.

now DDD can throw out some waddle dees to help with the laser spam andd just run up and shield its not really hard to do. smart ddds will use their 5 jumps, run off the stage and bair whenever falco decides to recover. ive seen atomsk do it to people and it connects like 90% of the time. falco is fast and has good spacing tools especially with his jab but like again DDDs grab range you can grab falco out of a jab which is pretty gay. so imo the matchup is 50/50 as of rite now

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
um i can give reasons for why falco is like 50/50 for DDD. running away sh lasering and then side b doesnt work well at all on DDDs.
Ummm what!? Dedede is probably the MOST vulnerable to this because of his slow running speed, he pretty much can never punish the side b ever. It also doesn't help that he's a huge target to laser.

Now for the other things they're mostly good points but as you said grab takes dedede to 60%, but then from there you barely even need grabs again so the reliance on ddd outgrab gaming falco becomes pretty null.

Now as I said ddd needs to take the game back with edgegaurding, but pretty much all of ddd's other good points are nullified by Falco. As long as falco can space properly and spams laser's its an uphill battle for ddd as you wont be getting sidestep dodged because you'll just be lasering outside of grab range.

He just doesn't have as many tools going for him in this matchup as Falco does, thats why I'd say its not even, but not too far from even. 6-4 would be about right.

Percon

Smash Lord
I think Falco has a SLIGHT advantage on DDD. Chillin woulda beat Seibrik if he didn't get Lylat Cruise'd (why he went falco on LC is beyond me)

On a semi-related note, I think Mario would do OK vs DDD if not for the infinite/CG. Just my opinion...

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
imo, falco counters DDD especially if its a relatively big stage(FD, yoshis, lylat, and most of the counter pick stages) If the falco plays really carefully and campy like lasering and illusioning, theres limited options for DDD. There is no way that match up is even...about a 4-6 for DDD if not worse, imo.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
well the following people can eliminated from the PR: jigglythepuff( i havnt heard anything bout him showing up to OIN2 and i have even tried to contract him.) Bug( i think he quit) Minus i dunno whats the deal with your spot, im assuiming until april your spot won't be there.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yeah, this thing is going to have a lot of differences after oin2.
Which means lots of possibilities for people to prove themselves!

(You also forgot GK, who's been mia as well)

pastaboy

Smash Champion
hmm yea if anybody can contact GK and tell him about OIN2 that would be awsome, i dont think he wuld wanna miss this, unless he quit brawl-which seems to be happening a lot latly.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
well the following people can eliminated from the PR: jigglythepuff( i havnt heard anything bout him showing up to OIN2 and i have even tried to contract him.) Bug( i think he quit) Minus i dunno whats the deal with your spot, im assuiming until april your spot won't be there.
**** I really wanted ti play the in niagara

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Bug quit? LOLLL man that guy was so entertaining to talk to LMAOOO.

:laugh: @ T9

I'm sure they're be new substitutes for them. Who's doing good now that isn't on this list? Any new surprise people? lol.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
you sure keep up with me lol, what's it to you? haha not arab but close. Afghannn
man wherever I go in the canada section everyone I see people calling you adnan and all the synonyms the can come up with lol
I was asking because I'm arab and I think that there is no arabs in the smash community and your name is arabic but it turns out I'm still right

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Bug quit? LOLLL man that guy was so entertaining to talk to LMAOOO.

:laugh: @ T9

I'm sure they're be new substitutes for them. Who's doing good now that isn't on this list? Any new surprise people? lol.
Pasta is gonna make the PR this time around. He's got skills. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the cut.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Dude, don't forget KC, he's back! And I really really think Nickcam or Mikey will finally get there. I mean come on, Nickcam came 7th at GOML! No recognition whatsoever.

My goal is still the same, up-and-coming, I know lame, lolol, I still can't seem to even get there.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Dude, don't forget KC, he's back! And I really really think Nickcam or Mikey will finally get there. I mean come on, Nickcam came 7th at GOML! No recognition whatsoever.

My goal is still the same, up-and-coming, I know lame, lolol, I still can't seem to even get there.
Don't get your hopes up on me lol. I love choking when it comes to brackets.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Mikey u definitely will not choke this time with ur falco **** lol. GI u'll make it to up and coming, you did pretty good at GOML aswell

Gichan

Smash Champion
I hear about your infamous choking Mikey but seriously, you won't this time, you are more prepared.

yo Nick, you going 100%?

nickcam

Smash Ace
to niagara, Im planning on going but still trying to find a ride. Carter and Rae may be driving down there together and me and Danny were gonna tag along but Carter is not sure if hes going. So... right now im rideless

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Not many people know about my epic choking at GOML... lost to lawlbot first then was immediately eliminated by a random in losers. This was on a day where I came in second to pools, losing only to Percon (I beat Bug 2-0). I felt like such **** >.>

Since then though, I've been going to casuals and such, so I'm much more prepared. Also, I use MK now wtf.

Gichan

Smash Champion
fail for using mk.

btw, what did you think of my bro's, AL, Marth? Did you think he had potential? Supposedly you are the one that taught him to do that dash to usmash thing.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
fail for using mk.

btw, what did you think of my bro's, AL, Marth? Did you think he had potential? Supposedly you are the one that taught him to do that dash to usmash thing.
oh yeah I remember him. He was pretty good! He never beat me, but he gave me trouble, and I saw him do some nice stuff on some of the others in the pool. Definitely had potential, did he stop playing? If not, tell him to keep practicing his Marth. When MK is gone, Marth is going to be a force to be recogned with :)

Gichan

Smash Champion
he's starting to use Falco as well. If he wasn't so young, and if I didn't fail by not driving, I would bring him with me to these things, I just have a feeling that if he had more practice he'd be better than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom