• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Green Beast: Foursaken's King DeDeDe! [New Vids: Vs. Hylian!]

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Foursaken's Video Thread

Hello all and welcome to my video thread. Here you can find a showcasing of some of my recorded matches, ranging from tournament play, serious sets, and even some friendlies. This is a work and progress and I will be updating as more and more videos are uploaded so bare with me. So far, I have only a handful of matches recorded and up on the internet. A few are from when I just started playing DeDeDe, to where I am now, and the difference in style is very apparent. Without further ado, I present to you my collection. I hope you'll all enjoy as well as leave some constructive criticism behind if you'd be so kind.

Serious Sets

Sudai

A brief description on the player Sudai. He's hands down the best R.O.B player I've ever had the pleasure of fighting. He has a variety of play styles, varying from keep away, which you'll soon see what I mean, to complete rush down. Fighting this guy always keeps me on my toes, as well as providing a thrill rush.

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Of all these, my favorite have got to be the 2nd, followed by the 3rd close behind. My play style is a bit odd compared to some other D3's I've watched, but none the less I think you'll all be entertained.

Bwett

I'm sure most of you have heard legends about a vicious, green dragon placing exceptionally well at high profile tournaments across the southwest region. This is the Billy Wett, the best, in my opinion, Yoshi player in the nation. The way he uses this low tier dinosaur is incredible, and the fact that he can get this good with a character people would otherwise think is garbage is an incredible feat. These videos speak for themselves and depict just how much hard work and determination can pay off when you use a character you like, regardless of the negative connotations associated with said character.

Match 1
Match 2

My personal favorite is video one, I found out of an accidental infinite on PS1 that I wasn't aware of, but the video I would like thoroughly critiqued is number two. Lately, I've been having more trouble then usual landing kill moves on my opponent, specifically the up tilt. If you guys have any suggestions for set ups, it would be greatly appreciated. Please enjoy these two matches and critique as you deem necessary, I'm always looking to correct bad habits or just advance my main further along the lines of being successful. :)

The Bad News Bear​

An up and coming Brawler from the College Station area of Texas, Bear is an all around good player, maining Pikachu, but subbing half of high tier. Being proficient with a variety of characters gives this man a wide array of play styles, all dependent on the given situation. He really is the jack of all trades! My current wall in advancement is that of lacking means to kill. It gets even more evident within the following matches. Nonetheless, enjoy, and leave me some constructive criticism if you will.

Match 1
Match 2

Spike?! Yeah, Marth has a mean one, and my personal favorite for the aforementioned reason is number two. That was beautiful, even if it wrecked me. The set continues to Match 3, unfortunately I use my sub character, Wario. You can watch it if you want, but since it isn't me using DeDeDe, I wont add it to the above section, even if it has King DeDeDe's theme playing.

Tournament Matches

Hylian​

When people think Texas, people think Hylian, and with good reason. Being a very reputable player both on and off of Smashboards, Hylian is one fore runners of the Texas competitive smash scene, showing the rest of the states that we mean business, too. As most of you know, this guy has a nasty Game and Watch that you will soon see in action. Combine that with in depth knowledge of the game and you have a deadly combo. Momentum has never been more apparent to me then in these following matches.

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

I have no idea how I managed to win this set, I had to seriously give it all I had just to keep up with Hylian. This is already a bad match up for DeDeDe, but in his hands, it's even worse. Still, my favorite this time around is match three. I feel as though on my third time playing against this G&W, I was able to apply every thing I learned during the last two matches, and execute them as necessary to win the set. Although getting wrecked on my first two stocks each and every game, I hold on to that last stock, especially in losers, with my life. ;)

Fun Fact: Pay close attention to the music in Match 3. I swear, as Hylian and I reach into the higher percentages, the music changes to take on an even more dramatic tone, ending and going back to subtle after one of us dies. Strange, yet brilliant. :laugh:

(0-50%, Subtle. 50%-100%, upbeat. 100%+, Epic).

Ice​

Ice is one of the many Snake mains in Dallas. My city is literally crawling with them, no pun intended. This player is definitely one of the more aggressive Snake users we have, utilizing low risk, high reward set ups, combined with his excellent use of grenade play. If it wasn't for my ability to chain grab, I would have had trouble putting on the damage, especially since every time I hit Snake, I explode if my attack isn't spaced just right. :laugh:

Match 1
Match 2

My personal pick this time around is video number one. I think it demonstrates the proper way to play against Snake. Not necessarily rush down, but looking for holes in your opponents play style and exploiting them to the fullest.

I hope you enjoyed watching my DeDeDe in action and will continue to visit my video thread for days to come. I appreciate all the support and critiques from you guys, and don't be afraid to sound harsh, advice is meant to make you, and me, a better player! ;)

Unfortunately, it's time to conclude my first post. Sad, I know, but the next section is a accumulation of memorable quotes during the span of my tournament career that you might get a good chuckle out of, an appropriate way to end such a thread in my opinion. Once again, enjoy!

Memorable Personalia

Forsaken - You are the first DDD to beat two stock my IC's. Good ****.

Foursaken is a great DeDeDe.

Forsaken, your video thread is a pure stroke of genius.
Personal Invite to a High Profile Tournament!

Sudai

Stuff here
The second match is by far my favorite too. Everyone there was "WTF?!"ing at him not CGing me to death, but then we all soon found out why he didn't. That ****ed Spike that he wanted. : (

DThrow spike FTW~

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
In the manner of contructive criticism, I have only this: You play against too many CPUs.
Am I right?

Your playstyle is very similar to mine after a day of playing against computers only. You try the same moves in the same situations, and you play very aggresively. Not necessarily bad at all, given how well you play, but not good at all against an aggresive opponent. I bet you'd have just as much trouble as I did against a good Fox player.
However, learning an aggresive Dedede can be beneficial when playing against a very defensive opponent like that ROB.

I wish you luck, and hope to see more videos soon.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
In the manner of contructive criticism, I have only this: You play against too many CPUs.
Am I right?

Your playstyle is very similar to mine after a day of playing against computers only. You try the same moves in the same situations, and you play very aggresively. Not necessarily bad at all, given how well you play, but not good at all against an aggresive opponent. I bet you'd have just as much trouble as I did against a good Fox player.
However, learning an aggresive Dedede can be beneficial when playing against a very defensive opponent like that ROB.

I wish you luck, and hope to see more videos soon.
I never play against CPU's, ever. Maybe once in a blue moon, but not often. I'm just one grab happy S.O.B if you make me come to you. The whole reason I was rushing down Sudai's R.O.B is because the character simply out camps me, and Sudai is **** good at keep away games. I can't just sit around and wait for him to approach, he'll just shoot lasers at me all day and throw gyros. If their is a good indication of a dash grab or dash attack, I'll forward tilt, otherwise it's easily power shielded and punished during the cool down frames. That's probably why you saw so many run in and SCGs. My play style changes and varies depending on my opponents play style. If you rush me down, I'll wait and punish. If you run around throwing **** at me, I'll get that grab, eventually. I know only one set against one opponent is not nearly enough to see what I'm capable of, but I'm normally not an aggressive D3. These matches were just the exception. I do appreciate the criticism however, being too aggressive when it's not necessary is always something to think about.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
I never play against CPU's, ever. Maybe once in a blue moon, but not often. I'm just one grab happy S.O.B if you make me come to you. The whole reason I was rushing down Sudai's R.O.B is because the character simply out camps me, and Sudai is **** good at keep away games. I can't just sit around and wait for him to approach, he'll just shoot lasers at me all day and throw gyros. If their is a good indication of a dash grab or dash attack, I'll forward tilt, otherwise it's easily power shielded and punished during the cool down frames. That's probably why you saw so many run in and SCGs. My play style changes and varies depending on my opponents play style. If you rush me down, I'll wait and punish. If you run around throwing **** at me, I'll get that grab, eventually. I know only one set against one opponent is not nearly enough to see what I'm capable of, but I'm normally not an aggressive D3. These matches were just the exception. I do appreciate the criticism however, being too aggressive when it's not necessary is always something to think about.
Good to hear. All I know is that I have problems with being aggressive/not dodging anything, so I thought I'd warn you, just in case.
I should know, because my friend mains ROB, but it just looks like you don't dodge very well just because of ROB's ridiculous defensive game. :p
Again, I'd like to see more.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The dthrow spike thing is an interesting point. Maybe it's possible that the dthrow has the same properties as a spike? Someone should look into this.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Good to hear. All I know is that I have problems with being aggressive/not dodging anything, so I thought I'd warn you, just in case.
I should know, because my friend mains ROB, but it just looks like you don't dodge very well just because of ROB's ridiculous defensive game. :p
Again, I'd like to see more.
I have noticed that myself after watching those videos. Instead of dodging, I just run in and try to power shield everything. I'll try and incorporate more dodges into my game. After all, D3 has an incredible spot dodge. Also, I'll post more videos as I get them recorded, which is unfortunately only once every now and then, or if I get really lucky, at this biweekly tournament I attend.

@ Ignore the fire: Sudai answered your question. Just kidding. From what it looks like, the transformation occurring at Castle Siege still registers DDD as standing on an invisible descending platform. I was planning on getting the suicide KO, but realized I might be able to do something more epic. I had no ideas it would " spike ". Actually, I don't even think it spikes, he was just so low that the down throw killed him. More testing is needed. :confused:

@ T3h Albino: Situational use or not, down throws shouldn't be able to spike. Here's a random bit of info most people don't know about. The very first hit of DDD's down aerial spikes. Yeah, it's true. It's weak and can be recovered from, but the trajectory it sends your opponent resembles a spike. If anyone has watched my third video, that's what I was going for my first stock. I was hoping Sudai was going to up air and clash with my aerial. Didn't happen. :laugh:

@ Affinity: I'll have to check plane prices. Also, I'll need housing, so if Kansas loves me...

CO18

Smash Hero
Haha nice Down throw spike XD.

I don't know why I keep thinking your name is foreskin......................

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
@ Affinity: I'll have to check plane prices. Also, I'll need housing, so if Kansas loves me...
Yeah, we'll be providing housing.

You might want to talk to InfernoRage about it; he'd be able to house you (I'm full).

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Update directed @ Affinity:

I don't know what I was thinking trying to get a plane ticket, the drive there from Dallas isn't too bad. I'll ask the guys next smash fest and see if they would be interested in making the trip out to Kansas as well. After that, I just need permission from my folks and I should be good to go. :)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Learn how to use Castle Seige better.

P.S. vs Good Robs (not saying that hes bad) Castle Seige aint the best choice, as the reason u'd like it (the chaingrab on the 2nd level) is hard to get as robs SHOULD just be camping, which is easy for rob and should be able to avoid ur grab with all that space.

If i had to pick a CP it'd prolly be Halberd for that matchup.

Thats me though, i normally stick to neutrals as much as possible.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Learn how to use Castle Seige better.

P.S. vs Good Robs (not saying that hes bad) Castle Seige aint the best choice, as the reason u'd like it (the chaingrab on the 2nd level) is hard to get as robs SHOULD just be camping, which is easy for rob and should be able to avoid ur grab with all that space.

If i had to pick a CP it'd prolly be Halberd for that matchup.

Thats me though, i normally stick to neutrals as much as possible.
I picked Castle Siege for a variety of reasons besides the walk off on the second transformation. Based on my opponents play style, limiting his use of the edge was crucial, as that's where he felt most comfortable. I want my opponent to be playing my game each and every chance I get, so naturally I'm going to opt to take away one of his strong suits, his ledge game. Castle Siege's second transformation and transformation processes fulfill this role, as well as having ledges to bob and weave, the first section, and slanted ground to stop the gyro's distance, the third section. In my opinion, Halberd gives R.O.B more leverage than I'd like. His edge game would be amplified here, as well as his killing power. Up airs through the stage rack on damage insanely well, and the blast zone while allowing me to kill R.O.B faster also does the same for me. If you recall from my first match, I was able to live well into the 140+ each time. CPing Halberd means I start dying around 110 from a fresh neutral air due to the low blast zones.

As far as stage control goes for Castle Siege, do you have any suggestions? What should I have done differently? What were some of my bad habits that constantly got punished that you saw? I'd like a more thorough critique if that isn't too much of a hassle.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Well the biggest mistake i saw u make was f-throwing him when u had a chaingrab on the 2nd part like the 2nd stock i believe.

wen u got that, just chaingrab till he explodes and never f-throw unless either their at a decent % (Over 80) or ur in the bubble.

Other than that i like ur fair cancling into dtilt. i do that alot.

the best way i get stage control is spacing out fair canceles into ftilt and when characters like running into sheild the ftilt to punish me, i mix up and do fair canceles strait into grab. but wat im saying is its good to see a ddd have that kind of control of the air like mine does, just work on mixing up and punishing their predictions with predictions of ur own.

thats all im gonna say for now.

(if ur confused about wat im talkin about i believe u did it in the first stock near the left side of the first transformation.... I'll look for it one sec.)

ok at 36 sec in the 2nd vid. u do d-throw, ftilt, fair cancel dtilt. i've done that exact thing except i cancle into another ftilt or grab typically, but u got the idea.

and a little before that i saw u spamming dtilt when he was at the ledge, if ur goal is to get him off the ledge thats not the best plan and its only gona preassure him to stay there. if ur ever winning (although u werent) and people camp the ledge, simply go to the other side and camp that ledge urself, they'll be forced to come to u or risk losing by time.

however in that case u were losing, and i saw u run off and bair. Its not a bad idea if u see them going a little too low, but the way he was doing it was quick so my best advice to u would be instead of bairing, just run off RIGHT when he grabs the ledge.
Theres a small time people cant do anything once grabbing, and they usually release as soon as they can, so in running off and doing nothing, as soon as they release it even if its into an attack, u'll grab the ledge and not be harmed, and have invincibility.

now u have the ledge and rob is either below you or recovering above u. if he's below u and behind, fall from the ledge bair, or if hes directly under, ledgehop dair.

if hes already recovering above u, ledge jump (as in just press y from the ledge) and dair.

thats the best advice i can give u about ledge campers when ur losing at the moment. while you have to understand, what u did might have worked to get him off, it was a bit risky and you COULD have been punished for it. im just giving u the safest options possible, from my experience.

.... this is why i stopped posting on the ddd boards, i always rant too much.

hope i've helped.

you can always instant message me, and this goes for any other ddd's as well, at s/n= Seibrik

i'll be happy to answer any questions, or further discuss stage counterpicks with anyone in need.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Update directed @ Affinity:

I don't know what I was thinking trying to get a plane ticket, the drive there from Dallas isn't too bad. I'll ask the guys next smash fest and see if they would be interested in making the trip out to Kansas as well. After that, I just need permission from my folks and I should be good to go. :)
Alright cool.

Also, you should talk to Angel; he's already confirmed to us that he's coming to NO KOAST. You guys could try and make combined driving arrangements.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Well the biggest mistake i saw u make was f-throwing him when u had a chaingrab on the 2nd part like the 2nd stock i believe.
The only reason I did that is because I wanted to try out that float grab kill you saw later on in the video. I remembered seeing it online somewhere, and wanted to try it myself. My plan originally was just to suicide, but I tried something new just to see if it would work. I liked the results. :)

the best way i get stage control is spacing out fair canceles into ftilt and when characters like running into sheild the ftilt to punish me, i mix up and do fair canceles strait into grab. but wat im saying is its good to see a ddd have that kind of control of the air like mine does, just work on mixing up and punishing their predictions with predictions of ur own.
I'll work on analyzing my opponents play style during matches from now on then. I noticed it myself after watching, I was just sort of throwing moves out there hoping they would connect. :laugh:

and a little before that i saw u spamming dtilt when he was at the ledge, if ur goal is to get him off the ledge thats not the best plan and its only gona preassure him to stay there. if ur ever winning (although u werent) and people camp the ledge, simply go to the other side and camp that ledge urself, they'll be forced to come to u or risk losing by time.
Funny story; the only reason Sudai was doing that is because somehow we got into the discussion of planking because one of our friends had done it at a tournament. Sudai was showing me how he was doing it, constantly refreshing his invincibility frames, and displaying how broken the tactic is for R.O.B. I was just trying to punish just to see if I could do it. :laugh:

however in that case u were losing, and i saw u run off and bair. Its not a bad idea if u see them going a little too low, but the way he was doing it was quick so my best advice to u would be instead of bairing, just run off RIGHT when he grabs the ledge.
Theres a small time people cant do anything once grabbing, and they usually release as soon as they can, so in running off and doing nothing, as soon as they release it even if its into an attack, u'll grab the ledge and not be harmed, and have invincibility.

now u have the ledge and rob is either below you or recovering above u. if he's below u and behind, fall from the ledge bair, or if hes directly under, ledgehop dair.

if hes already recovering above u, ledge jump (as in just press y from the ledge) and dair.

thats the best advice i can give u about ledge campers when ur losing at the moment. while you have to understand, what u did might have worked to get him off, it was a bit risky and you COULD have been punished for it. im just giving u the safest options possible, from my experience.
That does sound a lot safer and less riskier then what I did. I'm usually not as reckless in tournament, but in friendlies/serious sets, I want to experiment with my options so I can know what to do in that given situation. I like your advice though, it puts R.O.B in a bad position. One thing though, if the R.O.B player saw me going for the edge, couldn't his up air still hit me, or is the ledge grab faster than that?

.... this is why i stopped posting on the ddd boards, i always rant too much.

hope i've helped.

you can always instant message me, and this goes for any other ddd's as well, at s/n= Seibrik

i'll be happy to answer any questions, or further discuss stage counterpicks with anyone in need.
I didn't see your post as a rant, it seemed more like a stern talking to from an angry old DeDeDe main. Just kidding, I appreciate you taking the time to show me what I could have done better. Next chance I get, I'll try it your strategies and see how they benefit me. :)

Edit @ Affinity:

I think Angel is going to already be in the surrounding area during the time of NO KOAST, as in he wont be driving from Dallas. I remember reading/hearing that somewhere, or maybe I'm just crazy. Regardless, I think of you can get us a head count of at least 50, the other Dallas players wouldn't mind making the drive down there. For some reason, they only travel way outside of town if the turn out is guaranteed to be good. If it was just me, I'd drive down there just to hang out with you guys. I didn't get to play very many of your KS players anyways, so next time we meet, we're doing friendlies and teams for hours. :)

That and we have got to play mega brawl, with super shrooms, and smash balls. I call Wario man! He's so broken with those settings...

@ B0mbe1c: Thank you! I'm glad you liked my spike. It was a bit non traditional, but cool as hell anyways. :laugh:

I also love using green DeDeDe. It's such an underused color for looking so awesome. Maybe after I debut my combo video " DDDelicious " it'll get more representation? We'll see.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
to anwer ur ledge question, if u did as i said, and run off AS they regrab the ledge, u'll grab the ledge during their up air, now have invincibility during their up air and be able to punish them with anything u want.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
to anwer ur ledge question, if u did as i said, and run off AS they regrab the ledge, u'll grab the ledge during their up air, now have invincibility during their up air and be able to punish them with anything u want.
It sounds like a good idea, but I'm running scenarios through my head that make it seem like it's not. I know for certain that ledge invincibility will cover the up air, but R.O.B's sputtering Up B allows him to remain aerial for a while. Couldn't he just start fairing me immediately after? Well, maybe a back air would have that option covered, but what if he neutral airs? That's hard to punish from the edge. It's stronger than back air and I feel like it might stage spike me if he lands it right. I'll have to test it out, but thanks for clearing that up for me.

@ B0mbe1c: No, that's not what we should do! If anything, we need to be the trend setters of the green fad! :laugh: Imagine the conversations...

" Hey, when did you start using Green DeDeDe? "
" Oh, right after I saw Foursaken's combo video. "
" Oh yeah, I saw that, too. Did you know B0mbe1c also mains Green DeDeDe? "
" Chea, man! Those guys know what they're talking about! "
" Narly, dude. I wish I was as radical as them. "

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Green is Dedede's worst costume imo. lol
I disagree. Brown is, by far, his worst costume. It just looks disgusting. On the other hand, I like using underused colors, so I might try it out once I'm done with green. It's just that, blue and purple are just so overused; I mean, I see them everywhere. :dizzy:

@ T3h Albino: DeDeDe has a black and white costume? Pictures please, or give me the link and I'll check it out.

RATED

Smash Lord
co18 - I use the green ddd too, I use all my characters in green bcuz that's the way of a pimp! LOL but seriously I use ddd on green so foursaken ur are not the only one:chuckle:

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I mix it up between green and pink.
Also, if I went to some tournies and won, they'd start using green. Same would happen to you 4saken. =P

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I use the default costume.

LAZY PEOPLE UNITE...tomorrow...maybe...

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
@ B0mbe1c: Dallas already has a pink DeDeDe player, Fogo. I try not to use that color so we can differentiate between the two of us. Sometimes we save replays at smash fests, and before when I used the same color as him, we didn't know who did what. It was really confusing, but I do love the pink color scheme.

@ Buuman and Gates: Default is not the word, the red costume is a classic. DeDeDe was rockin' those colors since the 90's, when all of his tracks were still 8-bit.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah I heard about this Foursaken dude. Hes freakin amazing. Best DDD in the southwest.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah I heard about this Foursaken dude. Hes freakin amazing. Best DDD in the southwest.
While I appreciate the comment Rudy, I'm no where near deserving of the title " Best King DeDeDe in the southwest. " Having only been to a handful of large scale tournaments, and although placing well, doesn't necessarily make me great player. I think my DeDeDe is solid, but far from impressive. I'll get there some day, but until then, CO18, Seibirik, Mr.3000, and Fogo can all contest for that title.

Top Bottom