• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Green Beast: Foursaken's King DeDeDe! [New Vids: Vs. Hylian!]

Royale

Smash Journeyman
@ T3h Albino: Situational use or not, down throws shouldn't be able to spike. Here's a random bit of info most people don't know about. The very first hit of DDD's down aerial spikes. Yeah, it's true. It's weak and can be recovered from, but the trajectory it sends your opponent resembles a spike. If anyone has watched my third video, that's what I was going for my first stock. I was hoping Sudai was going to up air and clash with my aerial. Didn't happen. :laugh:
This is true,

it can really catch someone off guard if they arent careful ahahha

I think i have the same video clip running around on my Wii, i can dig it up if needed. this was a really neat thing for me to see

CO18

Smash Hero
XD Seibrik and I are in Atlantic South but I played freaking Chudat's kirby today at gigs. Him and inui came down to Fl. Its toooooo freaking good.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
XD Seibrik and I are in Atlantic South but I played freaking Chudat's kirby today at gigs. Him and inui came down to Fl. Its toooooo freaking good.
Oh wow, first I thought you were Cort and now this. You might as well just tell me your life story so I don't say anymore incorrect information. :laugh:

I've seen some videos of Chu's kirby, it wrecks so hard. How did you fare against him? Did you get any matches against Inui? Personally, I think Dojo's Meta Knight is better, but he's still a really good player from what I've heard and seen.

@ Royale: If you'd like to upload the video, I'm sure Crash would add it to his video thread. Well, maybe not, seeing as most of them are matches, but it's still interesting that DeDeDe's down air has the ability to spike, and I'm sure people would love seeing it in action. :)

@ Gates: Ha ha, too funny. I couldn't find a good demotivational poster about laziness, so here's a personal favorite of mine.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQIkWSdPLT8

Also, are we sure this isnt, you know a stage spike? I was wondering if i stage spiked him. -- Edit no. 5; yes it was a stage spike because it sent falcon into the underside of Lylat.

Welp, sorry for mucking up your thread foursaken with all my hypothesis' on Dair.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQIkWSdPLT8

Also, are we sure this isnt, you know a stage spike? I was wondering if i stage spiked him. -- Edit no. 5; yes it was a stage spike because it sent falcon into the underside of Lylat.

Welp, sorry for mucking up your thread foursaken with all my hypothesis' on Dair.
It can't just be a stage spike, I've sent players downward in the air before. Unfortunately I don't have a video to prove my claims, but trust me on this one. I'm positive that the first few hits or hit of the down air does in fact pseudo - spike. In my third match against Sudai, I was hoping he was going to up air whenever I chased him off stage at Norfair. Whenever someones contests my down air, it usually cancels out my down air, but the first hit, which spikes, works. It's really hard to explain, and sometimes hard to replicate, but I'm not crazy, I know what I did. :dizzy:

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
New videos added to the OP, 1/11/09. Sorry that I'm bumping something on the first page guys, but the DeDeDe boards are a relatively slow moving forum. :(

Edit: To those who care, I attended Final Smash 5 this weekend on Saturday, and did superb in pools, going 2 - 0 against Hylian's Ice Climbers and two stocking them. That's a major accomplishment for me, especially since it's such a hard match up. The bad news is that I didn't do to hot in brackets, hitting fellow Dallas smashers back to back, these guys know my play style in and out, and being bested by Bwett's Yoshi. He two stocked me back for our previous friendlies I guess, but I'm not trying to sound like I'm johning. I learned a lot about unfamiliar match ups during my time at the tournament, and overall I feel like I'm coming back a better player. I recommend attending tournaments to all of you, as it helps tremendously in improving your skill as a player.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
GOOD STUFF.

Those friendlies with Bwett were just GOOD.

The only thing I'll address is your concern of lacking a reliable kill method.
My opinion: Yeah, but so what.
It may be a lack of skill on my part, but I often have opponents (ESPECIALLY my friend who mains a Yoshi almost as good as Bwett's) who live to 200%. It often happens inconsistantly, and it only rarely happens against non-Yoshi's. Because of that, I would say just deal with it and keep chaingrabbing.
In Bwett's first stock in the second video, he lived to 250% instead of just 210% because of your desire to get a kill asap. You F- and B-threw him repeatedly when it wasn't going to kill him. Obviously it added damage, but it would have been preferable to try to chaingrab him to the edge of the stage, which would have added much more damage and less distance for him to travel to death.
[unconfirmed preaching]
Against Yoshi, the ONLY thing you can get him with somewhat reliably, in my experience, is the grab. ALL of your other attacks only hit him if he makes a mistake, or if they were a part of a combo-thing. Because of that, I only use the attacks to space, just as if he were at 0%.
[/unconfirmed preaching]

Main point: Don't waste a grab agains Yoshi (or any character), and don't start spamming Dash attack trying to get a kill. :p

I'm actually going to get to play against my friend's Yoshi tomorrow, so maaaybe I'll have links to videos for you. They will be worse than yours, and they won't do crap to show what I just said, but they'll be there. Within the next year. :O

I definately agree with
Foursaken said:
I recommend attending tournaments to all of you, as it helps tremendously in improving your skill as a player.
Even if you play the same characters you normally play against, they will be different when used by different people. It's great.

RATED

Smash Lord
about the new vids.

Foursaken- ur match against Bwett was awesome.but in the 2nd match yeah u took long time to get the kill, but maybe wasn't u , was bwett he was playing very smart specially in match2 , he knew every inch of the stage. so don't worry just don't overuse the Dash attack. but everything was awesome. props to both (Foursaken and Bwett) that yoshi is broken I saw some vids of bwett vs fogo.

oh I forgot BTW- hitting yoshi with ddd's dtilts is hard and almost imposible bcuz Yoshi's grab range is larger than ur Dtilt and that's yoshi's main approach pivot grab.

and I watched 1 of the foursaken vs Bear- I got to say this U played incredible. I learned from there I did some copy pasta.

nice vids foursaken" fellow green ddd mainer". I will go to a tourney in Jan 24 so I may record some matches there.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Holy hell. You got Bwett rapped, sorry man, I'm terrified to play that man and Chu. I'm going through your videos now to decide which ones will go up on the channel. I'm the FCC of Dededee's baby.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
To those who care, I attended Final Smash 5 this weekend on Saturday, and did superb in pools, going 2 - 0 against Hylian's Ice Climbers and two stocking them. That's a major accomplishment for me, especially since it's such a hard match up.
0_0

That's a major accomplishment for anyone. I would really like to see vids of that but I'm guessing you don't have them since you probably would've posted them. I would strongly advise recording these matches in the future in case something similar happens (read: RECORD IT OR I WILL LIFT UP THE ENTIRE STATE OF TEXAS AND THROW IT INTO THE GULF OF MEXICO).

Good **** on your other videos too. Bwett is a beast and he plays a character that a lot of people aren't at all familiar with, so if you john about it I don't think anyone will really blame you.

As for what you asked about being unable to kill people until they have over 9000%, I agree with what qwertyman said about fthrowing and bthrowing and about you needing to chaingrab more. Just try to play normally when they're close to a kill percentage and if an opening comes up for a utilt, a smash, or a lethal throw, take it.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
GOOD STUFF.

Those friendlies with Bwett were just GOOD.

The only thing I'll address is your concern of lacking a reliable kill method.
My opinion: Yeah, but so what.
It may be a lack of skill on my part, but I often have opponents (ESPECIALLY my friend who mains a Yoshi almost as good as Bwett's) who live to 200%. It often happens inconsistantly, and it only rarely happens against non-Yoshi's. Because of that, I would say just deal with it and keep chaingrabbing.
In Bwett's first stock in the second video, he lived to 250% instead of just 210% because of your desire to get a kill asap. You F- and B-threw him repeatedly when it wasn't going to kill him. Obviously it added damage, but it would have been preferable to try to chaingrab him to the edge of the stage, which would have added much more damage and less distance for him to travel to death.
[unconfirmed preaching]
Against Yoshi, the ONLY thing you can get him with somewhat reliably, in my experience, is the grab. ALL of your other attacks only hit him if he makes a mistake, or if they were a part of a combo-thing. Because of that, I only use the attacks to space, just as if he were at 0%.
[/unconfirmed preaching]

Main point: Don't waste a grab agains Yoshi (or any character), and don't start spamming Dash attack trying to get a kill. :p

I'm actually going to get to play against my friend's Yoshi tomorrow, so maaaybe I'll have links to videos for you. They will be worse than yours, and they won't do crap to show what I just said, but they'll be there. Within the next year. :O

I definately agree with

Even if you play the same characters you normally play against, they will be different when used by different people. It's great.
I think that you may have found my the answer to overcoming my problem of killing. Whenever I feel like it's time for my opponent to die, I start using more smashes, dash attacks, and up tilts, just because I feel the need to KO right at lethal percentages. I'll take your advice and just let the right time come to me and not get so anxious to take that stock off. In a war of attrition, DeDeDe is almost always the winner. You should definitely get some videos up of you playing, though. Your always giving other players helpful advice and I would love to see your DeDeDe's play style. :)

@ Rated: That Pivot Grab of Yoshi's reaches a surprisingly long distance, and can be followed up right after an egg toss if you don't power shield it. I'll learn to use a more effective aerial approach if they rely to heavily on a ground based grab game, but thanks for pointing out to me that down tilt loses to the tounge. :bee:

@ Crash: Yeah, Bwett is crazy good. I almost never get to play him in tournament, locally or OoT/OoS, but he knows the DeDeDe match up from playing Fogo all the time. After this weekend, I realize that I need a lot more Yoshi practice if I ever want to beat him consistently.

@ Gates: I really, really wished I got that match recorded. I was not expecting to not only two stock Hylian, but 2 - 0 him in pools. He barely made it into the bracket, having tied with another person for 4th seed. Next time I'll try and get a serious set/MM in with him and record it so you don't end up drowning my state. :laugh:

@ TheJerm: Thanks! I try to rep DeDeDe as hard as possible, and hope you enjoyed watching my videos. I had a lot of fun playing your Toon Link in brackets. I really wished we could have had a round three, going 1 -1 leaves so much undecided. (Your aerial game is also exactly like Santi's aerial game, I don't care what you say).;)

RATED

Smash Lord
I think that you may have found my the answer to overcoming my problem of killing. Whenever I feel like it's time for my opponent to die, I start using more smashes, dash attacks, and up tilts, just because I feel the need to KO right at lethal percentages. I'll take your advice and just let the right time come to me and not get so anxious to take that stock off. In a war of attrition, DeDeDe is almost always the winner. You should definitely get some videos up of you playing, though. Your always giving other players helpful advice and I would love to see your DeDeDe's play style. :)

@ Rated: That Pivot Grab of Yoshi's reaches a surprisingly long distance, and can be followed up right after an egg toss if you don't power shield it. I'll learn to use a more effective aerial approach if they rely to heavily on a ground based grab game, but thanks for pointing out to me that down tilt loses to the tounge. :bee:

@ Crash: Yeah, Bwett is crazy good. I almost never get to play him in tournament, locally or OoT/OoS, but he knows the DeDeDe match up from playing Fogo all the time. After this weekend, I realize that I need a lot more Yoshi practice if I ever want to beat him consistently.

@ Gates: I really, really wished I got that match recorded. I was not expecting to not only two stock Hylian, but 2 - 0 him in pools. He barely made it into the bracket, having tied with another person for 4th seed. Next time I'll try and get a serious set/MM in with him and record it so you don't end up drowning my state. :laugh:

@ TheJerm: Thanks! I try to rep DeDeDe as hard as possible, and hope you enjoyed watching my videos. I had a lot of fun playing your Toon Link in brackets. I really wished we could have had a round three, going 1 -1 leaves so much undecided. (Your aerial game is also exactly like Santi's aerial game, I don't care what you say).;)

foursaken- if u need some help about the yoshi matchup or something like that I could help a lot. I practice against the best yoshi in my region( puerto rico). he is not as good at bwett but Almost.

Waddle dees are great against yoshi. and the Bair of yoshi if it hits u he will combo u and finish d combo with upair. or a grab or nair.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
foursaken- if u need some help about the yoshi matchup or something like that I could help a lot. I practice against the best yoshi in my region( puerto rico). he is not as good at bwett but Almost.

Waddle dees are great against yoshi. and the Bair of yoshi if it hits u he will combo u and finish d combo with upair. or a grab or nair.
I'm liking most of the advice you've given me thus far, so if you have any more tips or pointers for the match up they wouldn't hurt. My main problem against Yoshi's is when they edge camp, hardcore. It's like pseudo planking, but more annoying. I'd rather fight Dojo's MK then a campy character. :ohwell:

@ TheJerm: I'm just playing, man. You and Santi have very different Toon Links, the only reason I said what I did was to poke fun at you since it kind of annoys you. :bee:

RATED

Smash Lord
I'm liking most of the advice you've given me thus far, so if you have any more tips or pointers for the match up they wouldn't hurt. My main problem against Yoshi's is when they edge camp, hardcore. It's like pseudo planking, but more annoying. I'd rather fight Dojo's MK then a campy character. :ohwell:

@ TheJerm: I'm just playing, man. You and Santi have very different Toon Links, the only reason I said what I did was to poke fun at you since it kind of annoys you. :bee:
u can get out yoshi of the edge by Dair he have to get out or get stage spike. if u are on a stage like the edges of pictochat , Dtilt get the job done . and bairs may work but is risky.

dairs breaks the egg tosses. so dairs is a great attack on this matchup if u powershield a egg toss , use ur Dair if u see him running to u. that's a free hit to yoshi. , if u hit him with an attack that knock him far without getting him outstage , waddle toss is ur friend. while both in air inhales are great, nair and bair.

ps: use nair to break out of yoshi's combos( yoshi's upair hurts and have armor frames)

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Nice Dedede Foursaken, Bwett loves "planking" doesn't he. :p
It is pseudo planking, but I can't complain. When your ledge camping, I can't grab you, so it was the smartest, and best decision he could have made, despite it being gay beyond belief.

@ Rated: I thought having a superior air game was key to this match up, thanks for confirming that for me. Unfortunately in tournament, I just choked and relied on a ground game the entire time in bracket. I don't know what happened, but after pools I just went down hill. I guess we all have our off days, just kind of sucks happening right after you do so well at one, 5th place at Oh Snap 5, then 25th at FS5, you know? I still get tournament anxiety from time to time, despite me having attended numerous amounts of events. Anyone else ever get that? :ohwell:

@ CO18: Yoshi = Kirby? :laugh: Just kidding, Yoshi is one of my least favorite match ups as well, especially when played as good as Bwett's Yoshi is. Personally, I think this match up is 55:45 DeDeDe's favor if played correctly, it's not like we hard counter the little dinosaur with nikes or anything.

RATED

Smash Lord
It is pseudo planking, but I can't complain. When your ledge camping, I can't grab you, so it was the smartest, and best decision he could have made, despite it being gay beyond belief.

@ Rated: I thought having a superior air game was key to this match up, thanks for confirming that for me. Unfortunately in tournament, I just choked and relied on a ground game the entire time in bracket. I don't know what happened, but after pools I just went down hill. I guess we all have our off days, just kind of sucks happening right after you do so well at one, 5th place at Oh Snap 5, then 25th at FS5, you know? I still get tournament anxiety from time to time, despite me having attended numerous amounts of events. Anyone else ever get that? :ohwell:

@ CO18: Yoshi = Kirby? :laugh: Just kidding, Yoshi is one of my least favorite match ups as well, especially when played as good as Bwett's Yoshi is. Personally, I think this match up is 55:45 DeDeDe's favor if played correctly, it's not like we hard counter the little dinosaur with nikes or anything.

I don't get anxious at tournaments, that much . but after all u played against Bwett! u know I always wanted to play against him but I live on Puerto Rico:( and also I wish to play against azen and more people. seeing that match was like watching me smashing vs bwett one day. after all we use the "green beast".

in the matchup the ground game and airgame must be very balanced.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I got some videos up. None of YOSH, but some other very good ones, if you wanted to see me play. They're in my videos thread, should be easy to spot on the main page.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I don't get anxious at tournaments, that much . but after all u played against Bwett! u know I always wanted to play against him but I live on Puerto Rico:( and also I wish to play against azen and more people. seeing that match was like watching me smashing vs bwett one day. after all we use the "green beast".

in the matchup the ground game and airgame must be very balanced.
I get to play against Bwett just about every weekend, he lives in Dallas just like me. ;) It isn't so much the players that make me nervous, just the amount of skill in one place, and the prize money at stake. I think I play my hardest when I'm being recorded because I know a lot more people than just those at the tournament are going to see it, so that's when I push my character to the limit. The solution to my anxiety problem might be that I just need to have every match recorded, or play as though I was being recorded. It's nice to that I'm not the only one that gets the tournament jitters, though. :laugh:

@ sMexy-Blu: That's just ridiculous, and is that not considered stalling? I mean, constantly refreshing your frames of invincibility to the point where your opponent just can't attack you is lame. Even if your opponent does try and attack you while your ledge camping, against a MK that puts you in a horrible position. :ohwell:

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Wow...so this is what the best regional players play like.

Guess I need some practice :lol:

Are you a Dedede main? Can you give me some good Dedede advice because I'm a Dedede secondary?

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Wow...so this is what the best regional players play like.

Guess I need some practice :lol:

Are you a Dedede main? Can you give me some good Dedede advice because I'm a Dedede secondary?
The large and extravagant DeDeDe signature didn't give it away? Just kidding, I am in fact, a DeDeDe main. :laugh: As far as advice goes, are you looking for anything in particular? The king doesn't really have a proper play style, he can be used in a variety of ways, you just have to keep experimenting with him until you find a style that is comfortable, and works for you. :)

I'm also flattered at the "best regional players" comment, but I'm no where near as good as I want to be. :bee: I want to take my character as far as he can go, and then some.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm also flattered at the "best regional players" comment, but I'm no where near as good as Fogo. :bee:
I think this is what you meant to say lol.

jk, you're both very good. Seeing a mirror match between you two would be interesting actually.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I think this is what you meant to say lol.

jk, you're both very good. Seeing a mirror match between you two would be interesting actually.
No, no it would not. Fogo and I have hit multiple times in tournament, and I've won every time to this date. DeDeDe dittos are so boring, nothing but a grab fest and first to infinite. :(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, no it would not. Fogo and I have hit multiple times in tournament, and I've won every time to this date. DeDeDe dittos are so boring, nothing but a grab fest and first to infinite. :(
Sorry, what I meant to say was "Interesting by Dedede MM standards". Not saying much but still.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
My main problem against Yoshi's is when they edge camp, hardcore. It's like pseudo planking, but more annoying.
:laugh:

No, no it would not. Fogo and I have hit multiple times in tournament, and I've won every time to this date.
Hold on, what??

Don't forget about all the times i've beaten you MK/GW/whatever you played in the summer.

We've only played D3 ditto's twice, and you won both by the skin of your teeth, but if remember correctly i've beaten you 5 other times while you were using counterpick chars.

DeDeDe dittos are so boring, nothing but a grab fest and first to infinite. :(
You're right about that part though

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
:laugh:

Hold on, what??

Don't forget about all the times i've beaten you MK/GW/whatever you played in the summer.

We've only played D3 ditto's twice, and you won both by the skin of your teeth, but if remember correctly i've beaten you 5 other times while you were using counterpick chars.

You're right about that part though
Meta Knight and Game and Watch do not equal DeDeDe. I'm talking about what's happening now, not what happened then, I'm trying to shape the future after all, so I'd like to not talk about my previous failures in this game. I wasn't trying to sound condescending, but my DeDeDe hasn't lost to your characters in tournament as of late.

Lets not argue about who's the better player, we both do pretty well, locally and out of state. I mean, I split at PBT with you, can we say we're about even? (Even if I did 3-0 you in our set). Any ways, enough arguing, Infinity is the real problem. Ha ha, I'm just kidding.
(But not really).

To those of you who think we're flaming each other, this is just friendly banter. :laugh:

@ Bear: I edited the OP just for you, Beah. Hope your happy. :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You always post when I'm about to go to bed >_<
Oh well, I'll make sure to check em out tomorrow first thing Foursaken.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
PLEASE SIR MAY I HAVE SOME MORE

G&W looked ridiculously fun to play against. I srsly want to play against Hylian now. <3

Jeez, Foursaken, why didn't you three stock that Snake? ARE YOU GOING SOFT??

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Forsaken, i just watched the third match vs hylian and i gotta say, ur lookin more and more like me every day. Dont worry, thats a good thing ;)

you been watchin my vids or something? :p

only thing i can say right now to help out, is i noticed that even after the backthrow was diminished to doing 12%, u used it. what i like to do when it gets that weak, anything below 14% really, is if i have the space, i'll downthrow once, get a tech chase, then back throw, to get more %, i never get greedy and try to get 3 throws, i just wana keep doing consistant damage the entire stock.

Other than that i'd say use more ftilts to space out GW as it destroys the fvk out of his bair. but yea, very good match, and ur improving surprisingly fast. :D

RATED

Smash Lord
wow foursaken great match against Hylian. u did great. I learned from that match jajaa. it was educational since I am going saturday to a important tourney from where I live. I loved the Ftilt to Fair that didnt let GaW approach u with his Fair after u used Ftilt.

Top Bottom