• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The `Greatest Thread in the Universe` Meta-Thread

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Oh god Black Lagoon was delicious. It's rare that I find anime that keeps me interested. I only saw the section with the twins. It was still phenomenal.
The best part is that that's not even the best BL has to offer.

I wish the OVA was released faster.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Because after Clannad that's all they've made aside from Haruhi S2. and Haruhi S2 was all of five episodes long. Or was it four? I don't remember how many times they reanimated the same god**** episode.
It's called "Endless Eight" for a fairly good reason, but hey, no one cares about adding a bit more characterization to Yuki and attempting to feel her pain throughout the loop.

If you genuinely think Kyoani is still a good studio you enjoy the moe**** or you're blindly ignoring their faults. 8|
stoplikingwhatidontlike.jpg

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It's called "Endless Eight" for a fairly good reason, but hey, no one cares about adding a bit more characterization to Yuki and attempting to feel her pain throughout the loop.
>he'sactuallydefendingendlesseight

There is no reaction image that accurately portrays how bewildered I am right now.

stoplikingwhatidontlike.jpg
If you want to highly rate an anime studio that blatantly rehashes content, go ahead. I'll be watching Madhouse and Gainax productions (Sans Panty and Stocking) which entertain me with fresh, original content.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I bought the Boxset of Black Lagoon, and I have the first four chunks of the english manga.
I saw the first episode of the OVA too. It's so good.

The twins arc is probably the most popular, but all of the arcs simply ****.
Just...****.

Such a good series.

In other news, I can't believe someone is DEFENDING the Endless Eight arc. That bull is THE reason I completely stopped watching or caring for Haruhi.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I bought the Boxset of Black Lagoon, and I have the first four chunks of the english manga.
I saw the first episode of the OVA too. It's so good.

The twins arc is probably the most popular, but all of the arcs simply ****.
Just...****.

Such a good series.

In other news, I can't believe someone is DEFENDING the Endless Eight arc. That bull is THE reason I completely stopped watching or caring for Haruhi.
it's a shame, too. I read all the available novels before Baka-tsuki was asked to remove them, and the entire series is genuinely excellent. I doubt Haruhi will ever have the ratings to get another season aired now, though. And they never even got to the good parts!

Noobicidal

Smash Master
>he'sactuallydefendingendlesseight

There is no reaction image that accurately portrays how bewildered I am right now.
What's the matter? Too DEEP for you?

If you want to highly rate an anime studio that blatantly rehashes content, go ahead. I'll be watching Madhouse and Gainax productions (Sans Panty and Stocking) which entertain me with fresh, original content.
>Gainax
>fresh, original content

Alright, now I know that you're trolling at this point.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw original and Gainax
What a qualified statement!

Yeah, Evangelion, TTGL, and FLCL are all rehashed content! My mistake on that one.

Oh wait.

If you bring up RahXephon, I'll laugh. RX was Bones' blaant ripoff of Eva

What's the matter? Too DEEP for you?
I read Endless Eight. I knew what was coming before it came. All of EE could have taken place in two episodes without losing anything.

>Gainax
>fresh, original content

Alright, now I know that you're trolling at this point.
And where has Gainax rehashed, exactly? 8|

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I actually read ahead of the Haruhi anime myself.
The EE arc just disappointed me when it finally made it to the anime.
I was genuinely upset.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I read Endless Eight. I knew what was coming before it came. All of EE could have taken place in two episodes without losing anything.
If you're trying to add significance to the word "read" by italicizing it, it's unneeded.

And where has Gainax rehashed, exactly? 8|
"Alright guys, let's do a series with a whiny male protagonist and have it revolve around mechs (Eva).

Well, that sold well. Let's have a series with a whiny male protagonist and have it revolve around mechs, but we'll sell it as a coming of age story! (FLCL)

Well, that sold well. Let's have a series with a whiny male protagonist and have it revolve around mechs, but we'll sell it as a coming of age story and have a bit of tragedy! (TTGL)"

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The funniest part is that Nooby has pretty much summarized anywhere from 30-70% of all currently existing anime.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
If you're trying to add significance to the word "read" by italicizing it, it's unneeded.

"Alright guys, let's do a series with a whiny male protagonist and have it revolve around mechs (Eva).

Well, that sold well. Let's have a series with a whiny male protagonist and have it revolve around mechs, but we'll sell it as a coming of age story! (FLCL)

Well, that sold well. Let's have a series with a whiny male protagonist and have it revolve around mechs, but we'll sell it as a coming of age story and have a bit of tragedy! (TTGL)"
>he thinks the characterizations of Shinji, Kouta, and Simon are anywhere near similar

motherofgod.jpg

Also, uh

Mechs in FLCL? FLCL isn't a mecha, at all.

See, what you're doing is defining the genre that Gainax typically works within. Not all of their stories are the same, even remotely, and you'd know that if you watched them (Well, you should know, because all three are great series).

Kyoani certainly has a genre, which is typically slice of life style, but recently their work has devolved into blatant re-use of their old content, coming to a peak in Haruhi S2 and the second half of K-on! S1 (The beach episode, specifically).

Kyoanis stuff is enjoyable the first time. Not the second, third, or eighth time. While Gainax does restrict its stuff with genre pretty heavily, the stories are distinct enough that when I watch TTGL I don't think "God****, I just watched this yesterday / last week."

SuSa

Banned via Administration
FLCL revolved around mechs?

What the **** 6 episodes did I watch then? O_O

According to my AB list, here are my most watched studios:
* Bee Train (5)
* Studio DEEN (5)
* Studio Ghibli (5)
* GONZO (4)
* J.C. Staff (4)
* Madhouse (4)

Keep in mind Higurashi counts as 3 for Studio Deen.... while I'd only really count it as 1.. so it's not horribly accurate.

I could just copy+paste my entire list, but nobody would care and it'd be too much hassle.

EDIT:

Shakugan and Toradora! are like.... two different parallels of anime in my eyes. o.o Even with how similar the two female protagonists are... which if you were getting at that... then blame the seiyuu. :p

A poll at animebyt.es: ( I voted Mizore...)
What character do you think of first when you hear Kugimiya Rie's (the Queen of Tsundere Loli) voice?

* Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) (19.33%)
* Kagura (Gintama) (5.49%)
* Louise (Zero no Tsukaima) (12.65%)
* » Mizore (Rosario to Vampire) (4.53%)
* Mugen Puchi Puchi Moe (1.91%)
* Nagi (Hayate no Gotoku) (5.97%)
* Shana (Shakugan no Shana) (13.84%)
* Taiga (Toradora) (28.16%)
* Yuuhi (Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka) (0.72%)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
FLCL revolved around mechs?

What the **** 6 episodes did I watch then? O_O

According to my AB list, here are my most watched studios:
* Bee Train (5)
* Studio DEEN (5)
* Studio Ghibli (5)
* GONZO (4)
* J.C. Staff (4)
* Madhouse (4)

Keep in mind Higurashi counts as 3 for Studio Deen.... while I'd only really count it as 1.. so it's not horribly accurate.

I could just copy+paste my entire list, but nobody would care and it'd be too much hassle.
GONZO?!

JC STAFF?!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh well at least I see Madhouse there

Zero

Smash Hero
When I watch an episode of Dragon Ball Z and then an episode of TTGL, I tend to get a feeling of deja vu.

HELL YEAH MIZORE.

Zero

Smash Hero
Studio DEEN should be annihilated for their disgusting treatments of Fate Stay Night.

Also Aniplex should be GOD TIER.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Madhouse is actually terrifyingly prolific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhouse_(company)#Works

I'd forgotten they worked on some of this stuff.
*takes list*

Outputs:
Cardcaptor Sakura
Chobits
Claymore
Death Note
Devil May Cry
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Gunslinger Girl
Highschool of the Dead
Paprika
Trigun

Keep in mind my AB is NOT 100%. The list importer can't import my entire list due to name discrepancies - and I can't hand add them because the rating system currently does not work but is being fixed shortly... so then I can make my studio list far more accurate.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Studio DEEN should be annihilated for their disgusting treatments of Fate Stay Night.

Also Aniplex should be GOD TIER.
Ah yes, Aniplex. I want to ignore them for Claymore, but god**** Baccano! was glorious. Yeah, they're up there with Madhouse.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Did someone say they liked Arc?
Did someone say they'd read Haruhi?
DID SOMEONE SAY OMELETES?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
>he thinks the characterizations of Shinji, Kouta, and Simon are anywhere near similar

motherofgod.jpg
>he thinks the characterizations of Shinji, Kouta, and Simon are completely different
>still greentexting
>realize I am a bear
>maul my keyboard due to understanding this fact

antafullbaka.exe

Mechs in FLCL? FLCL isn't a mecha, at all.
Canti was a sea serpent and the crew fought off seagulls coming out off Kouta's head then.

See, what you're doing is defining the genre that Gainax typically works within. Not all of their stories are the same, even remotely, and you'd know that if you watched them (Well, you should know, because all three are great series).
What you're doing is defending your favourite studio's sub-par series by trying to give them an unneeded amount of depth to avoid being the same re-hash for every series.

We're getting nowhere with this point.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It's always good to see Baccano! appreciators. :)

Although ANGEL BEATS.

Oh but you do :p
If I were to list my favorite anime of all time, ignoring studios...

Baccano is definitely in the top five, all five of which are essentially tied. The sheer brilliance of that one is actually rather astounding.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
>he thinks the characterizations of Shinji, Kouta, and Simon are completely different
>still greentexting
>realize I am a bear
>maul my keyboard due to understanding this fact

antafullbaka.exe
Oh my god, bear jokes were never funny.

Canti was a sea serpent and the crew fought off seagulls coming out off Kouta's head then.
Canti wasn't even close to the main focus of the series.

The presence of a robot doesn't make the series a mecha.

What you're doing is defending your favourite studio's sub-par series by trying to give them an unneeded amount of depth to avoid being the same re-hash for every series.

We're getting nowhere with this point.
>any of those three series
>sub par

We are destined to be archenemies for life, I fear.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Oh my god, bear jokes were never funny.
You made me resort to it. Use the proper quote function then instead of greentexting.

We are destined to be archenemies for life, I fear.
For what reasons? I'm not mad in the slightest. I simply respectfully disagree with your tastes, and offer my opinions and reasoning why as to why I believe in the way that I do.

;_;

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Requesting ika masume version de-geso of unlimited desu works.

I liked fate route the best :>

Thio wheres sacchin in that list :(

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
It's anime talk. Granted, most of my love for anime has been killed by the mainstream
Naruto/Bleach/Deathnote/etc.
, there are a few that catch my eye and I get engaged. I wish I had the complete series of Casshern Sins. That was pretty smooth.

Top Bottom