• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The `Greatest Thread in the Universe` Meta-Thread

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Hanako is still the best.

Oddly enough, the half-my-face-is-burnt isn't a turnoff.
At least pick an interesting character archetype.

Shizune > Rin > Lilly > Misha > Emi > Kenji > Hanako

Edit:

I'm surprised someone else has given Katawa Shoujo a look.
VN fans on an online forum? More likely than you'd think.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
At least pick an interesting character archetype.

Shizune > Rin > Lilly > Misha > Emi > Kenji > Hanako

Edit:

VN fans on an online forum? More likely than you'd think.
Shizune? Interesting? Bahahahahaha.

Rin is by far the most interesting. That might just be my bias from Act 1, however. I can't really judge which one is the best until I can play every route all the way through. Rin's Act 1 was fan-****ing-tastic.

And yeah, I'm a huge anime / gaming / manga / VN dork.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@Espy: Zangoose is awesome, just... As a Pokemon. Not as anything more than a Pokemon.
I don't know what you're talking about. Zangoose is always a Pokemon. It can never NOT be. Quit being silly and wrong, it's as annoying as it is comedic.

Zangoose is awesome no matter if it's anthro, feral, or anything in-between.

That's gotta be the most boring, generic anime character I've ever seen in my life.
In. My. Life.

Now, if she had fox ears and a tail...

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Let's compare really fast.

http://katawa-shoujo.com/characters.php

* Birthday: July 10 - Summer birthdays rock
* Zodiac: Cancer - Is friendly with my Zodiac.
* Blood Type: AB Has my blood type, great if we ever need to give eachother a blood transfusion
* Height: 164 cm She's 5'3". Anyone from 5'1" to 5'6" is adorable.
* Weight: 52 kg She weighs in at 114 pounds. Easy to carry if need be
* Bust/Waist/Hips: 86/56/84 The build of a model.
* Hair: Purple While pink would be preferred by myself, purple is a pretty close shade and has proven to be a very attractive hair color. I've so far dated two girls with purple hair (IRL)
* Eyes: Grey Purple Beautiful gems.

At a young age, Hanako had a traumatic experience that left her life in shambles. Her father died when their home burned down in an accident, which also disfigured Hanako herself permanently. She is reclusive to the extreme, shunning from all other people to the point of actually panicking from any social contact. Her only trusted friend is Lilly, who has taken Hanako under her wing ever since the two were introduced to each other.

That seems really similar. She's extremely shy, to a severe degree. She'd need much comforting and a very close friend by her side.

Yep. Nobody has anything on that.

Shizune is a Taurus. I'm a Taurus. We wouldn't get along very well. Two stubborn, strong willed people make a poor poor mix.

Rin.
I could never hold her hand, which holds a very symbolic meaning to me. Seems rather shallow, but I need someone with hands.

Lilly is stricken just because I hate blondes. **** that's shallow. I know. But in a world where I am given the choices of perfection - I can be shallow all I want. In real life I'd have to cope with it, but not in VR.

Misha... just... **** she's annoying. She makes me want to punch her in the face. :<

No qualms with Emi. She's right there, a spot or two below Hanako.

How dare you put Kenji on that list. :<

This is my biased as hell look given from first impressions. I got a ways into Act1 then my laptop BSOD'd on me................................... so waiting until Jan. when I get my own laptop to give it a proper play. :(

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
You guys realize that these are all not real

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Rin is by far the most interesting. That might just be my bias from Act 1, however. I can't really judge which one is the best until I can play every route all the way through. Rin's Act 1 was fan-****ing-tastic.

And yeah, I'm a huge anime / gaming / manga / VN dork.

This is my biased as hell look given from first impressions. I got a ways into Act1 then my laptop BSOD'd on me................................... so waiting until Jan. when I get my own laptop to give it a proper play. :(
Alright, so apparently I'm the only person who has given this VN a proper play-through. That in itself is depressing.

You guys realize that these are all not real

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Give me the chocolate hisao :awesome:

in all seriousness though Lily, Hanako and Shizune routes are the only ones I went for.

I got rin's route on accident once though, she's pretty tight :>

SuSa

Glyph, read this:

Tokyo - More than 1,000 Japanese signed an online petition to legalize marriage between humans and comic-book characters launched by a man who wants to marry a girl from a poplar Japanese manga comic series.

Taichi Taka****a said he wanted to collect more than 1 million signatures to present to the government to legalize marriage to two-dimensional characters.

As soon as the law was passed, he plans to marry long-legged manga character Mikuru Asahina.

The brown-haired girl, wearing her trademark cute bunny or maid costumes is a visitor from the future. Originally created as a character in a novel, she soon rose to manga fame.

Within a week of its launch, Taka****a collected 1,226 signatures.

'We are no longer interested in the three-dimensional world,' Taka****a wrote on his website, making clear that he feels more at home in the manga world than in real-life Japan.

If he could, he would love to move into the virtual world, Taka****a said, but as this seems impossible with present-day technology, the least he can do is to push for legalizing marriage between Japan's so-called otaku geeks and anime characters.

Manga, anime another other forms of animated entertainment are highly popular in Japan, with Prime Minister Taro Aso a dedicated manga fan.

Taka****a's campaign success is an indication of Japan's increasing obsession with escaping reality.

Last week, a woman was found guilty of murdering her vitural husband in a popular online game after his character divorced her.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Someone wants to marry mikuru? O_O she was one of my favorites next to yuki. wah! I wannt cosplay yuki, but she is a direct copy almost of rei ayanami. Mikuru kinda looks like asuka but asuka has a waaaay stronger personality. Sigh.

If I had to marry an anime character, idk who id chose. Evangelion is my favorite series, but I wouldn't be caught dead marrying any of them. Maybe an evangelion unit... <_< with shinjis mothers soul inside of it! Muwahahahahahaha!

Edit: what about gendo?

Gendo: i'd instrumentalize the human race if you were dead baby....B-)
That pick up line would work on me. <3 haha I love eva so much

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Alright, so apparently I'm the only person who has given this VN a proper play-through. That in itself is depressing.
But... Katawa Shoujo isn't finished... Is it...?

Only Act1v4 is out, so it's only possible to have played Act1.

Zero

Smash Hero
Someone wants to marry mikuru? O_O she was one of my favorites next to yuki. wah! I wannt cosplay yuki, but she is a direct copy almost of rei ayanami. Mikuru kinda looks like asuka but asuka has a waaaay stronger personality. Sigh.
Koizumi da bess :3

Yuki second bess

SuSa

I'm also debating on waiting until Katawa is completely finished before playing it. I have quite a few people I know choosing that route, refusing to give it it's full run until complete.

The reasoning behind why makes a lot of sense. :<

Noobicidal

Smash Master
It's a dilemna for me.

The character I would choose is only 5 years old. :<

Noel Vermillion before anyone gets the wrong idea

It's too late. :( Isn't it?

The character I'd choose is several hundred years old.

But... Katawa Shoujo isn't finished... Is it...?

Only Act1v4 is out, so it's only possible to have played Act1.
While it's not entirely finished, the major routes have been fleshed out for the most part. They still portray each of the girl's major characterizations, so you can still make an informed decision as to how each girl ticks.

KS will never be finished, silly plebeians!

;_;

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The character I'd choose is several hundred years old.

While it's not entirely finished, the major routes have been fleshed out for the most part. They still portray each of the girl's major characterizations, so you can still make an informed decision as to how each girl ticks.

KS will never be finished, silly plebeians!

;_;
Where the hell would one get this semi-completed game?

Also, anybody who's a fan of tsundere has no right to call anybody a plebian.
Well, JC Staff tsundere, anyways.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Where the hell would one get this semi-completed game?

Also, anybody who's a fan of tsundere has no right to call anybody a plebian.
Well, JC Staff tsundere, anyways.
By that logic, I'm still free to use the word "plebeian" with no regard to my audience.

Why does she have so many rusty paperclips on her outfit?
Touma touched her with his right hand
the physical manifestation of St. Peter's Dragon
and it destroyed Index's "Walking Church", which is her protective garb that she's wearing.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
People who are fans of Index are probably also fans of Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, and Toradora.

None of these are good series! In fact, they all feature the same god**** heroine. JC Staff is a blight! A blight I say.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
dude the only one i had of this girl was

now i have a few more :x

sometimes i want anime reaction images without having to watch animes :(

Noobicidal

Smash Master
People who are fans of Index are probably also fans of Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, and Toradora.

None of these are good series! In fact, they all feature the same god**** heroine. JC Staff is a blight! A blight I say.
Blame Rie Kugimiya, not JC Staff.

Also, your generalization is horribly inaccurate. For example, I'm actually a massive KyoAni***.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Anime Studio Tierlist:

God Tier:
Madhouse

High Tier:
Gainax

Mid Tier:
Sunrise

Low Tier:
JC Staff, Kyoani

Bottom Tier:
Gonzo

Blame Rie Kugimiya, not JC Staff.
SnS and ZnT are so similar that the end shot at the end of the OP for both is actually just character swaps. They didn't even remove the old headmaster guy from it for SnS, he's in front of the school building.

I blame both.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
>Kyoani in low tier

And you think your opinions are correct, ha.
Kyoani was in high tier until Haruhi Season 2. Anybody who disagrees did not watch Haruhi Season 2.

K-On! was good until midway through the first season when Asuza was introduced and they literally just rehashed the first half by adding her.

Moe is not a genre, and just throwing together slapdash cute slice-of-life crap doesn't make a good anime.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
279. Become fluent in Mandarin Chinese and then never use it

****, I've already done that. Can I bang Scarlett Johansson now?

Zero

Smash Hero
I don't know why you assume I'm a moe fan because I disagreed with your Kyoani position.

279. Become fluent in Mandarin Chinese and then never use it

****, I've already done that. Can I bang Scarlett Johansson now?
Go forth, brave hero! Treasure awaits!

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Anime Studio Tierlist:

God Tier:
Madhouse

High Tier:
Gainax

Mid Tier:
Sunrise

Low Tier:
JC Staff, Kyoani

Bottom Tier:
Gonzo

Kyoani was in high tier until Haruhi Season 2. Anybody who disagrees did not watch Haruhi Season 2.
I must be some magical outlier then.

K-On! was good until midway through the first season when Asuza was introduced and they literally just rehashed the first half by adding her.
I don't know if I should laugh, or rage uncontrollably.

Moe is not a genre, and just throwing together slapdash cute slice-of-life crap doesn't make a good anime.
No one implied that it was.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I don't know why you assume I'm a moe fan because I disagreed with your Kyoani position.
Because after Clannad that's all they've made aside from Haruhi S2. and Haruhi S2 was all of five episodes long. Or was it four? I don't remember how many times they reanimated the same god**** episode.

If you genuinely think Kyoani is still a good studio you enjoy the moe**** or you're blindly ignoring their faults. 8|

Top Bottom