• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganliest of the Ganons

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I go offstage against samus lol. I mean I don't make it back half of the time, but I still do it.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Ganon would hate and brutally crush/manipulate into submission anyone who acts the way he does. Competition is for those who are unable to break the rules.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't think Ganon would appreciate the fact that one of his followers is a pacifist with no lust for power.
Lol who said I have no lust for power?

I know you're just joking, but I'm drawn to characters who represent me in certain aspects. That explains why I'm currently using about 5 characters, and why I can never make my mind up which one to main.

I also came to these boards and made a totally unprovoked, and unecessary condescending comment. The only difference between me and most other people who lust for power in that sense is that I admit what I'm doing, and that I'm aware it's due to either spite/jealousy/insecurity/ social rejection I have.

Yeah...I'm also totally honest if you haven't realised....

Golden-physcho: Dsmash is good ...out of sideb...on Olimar...if they don't know to DI the flame-choke landing....

Had you going there for a sec didn't I.

By the way who was the debater who came in and made the dsmash comments? I might know them.

Zigma: I'm not saying you have to be anything, or change, I just find it funny that most of you are the exact opposite of him. I wouldn't call myself his clone or anthing, I'm not evil, or 7 foot and built life a refrigerator, but I'm not the total opposite of him.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Lol who said I have no lust for power?

I know you're just joking, but I'm drawn to characters who represent me in certain aspects. That explains why I'm currently using about 5 characters, and why I can never make my mind up which one to main.

I also came to these boards and made a totally unprovoked, and unecessary condescending comment. The only difference between me and most other people who lust for power in that sense is that I admit what I'm doing, and that I'm aware it's due to either spite/jealousy/insecurity/ social rejection I have.

Yeah...I'm also totally honest if you haven't realised....

Golden-physcho: Dsmash is good ...out of sideb...on Olimar...if they don't know to DI the flame-choke landing....

By the way who was the debater who came in and made the dsmash comments? I might know them.

Zigma: I'm not saying you have to be anything, or change, I just find it funny that most of you are the exact opposite of him. I wouldn't call myself his clone or anthing, I'm not evil, or 7 foot and built life a refrigerator, but I'm not the total opposite of him.
Thank you, professor.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
This what attempts to procrastinate from working on a thesis does to you.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Some people would think that subconsciously, a player would be drawn to a char that reflects themself[...]
Well, since I'm not much of a talker, I'm gonna go be a Link main.

Since the gaming world is often described as a sort of different reality, I'd think that most people wouldn't be a drawn to a character that reflects themselves, but to a character they look up to or admire, for certain traits.
We could also go all Freud on this, and conclude that people are drawn to Ganon, as he is a powerful/mighty character. In other words: Ganon seems like a character with big phallus. So, people want to "be" Ganon as he is a virility symbol.

(Just my thoughts)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Frankly, the opposite of Ganon would be acting like Peach.

Then again - This is a Video Game, so why are we even having a dumb conversation that doesn't really even matter?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well, since I'm not much of a talker, I'm gonna go be a Link main.

Since the gaming world is often described as a sort of different reality, I'd think that most people wouldn't be a drawn to a character that reflects themselves, but to a character they look up to or admire, for certain traits.
We could also go all Freud on this, and conclude that people are drawn to Ganon, as he is a powerful/mighty character. In other words: Ganon seems like a character with big phallus. So, people want to "be" Ganon as he is a virility symbol.

(Just my thoughts)
i agree, my mains are almsot always big bulky people that hit like a tank. because i want to be the big muscular dude who rips faces off without much effort. currently undergoing IRL training XD

you nearly did, but the fact you know all that crap about such a specific situation is proof that you know your stuff, much better than most first time posters on a character board XD

i think everyone knows him by now, hes famous for going to a character board and theorycrafting to hell and back. and then using his 'smash researcher' title to justify it XD it would be the ZOMG in category a-two. of course (damn i know how to avoid namesearching dont i)

also, a lot of people usually spell the 'psyco' in my name wrong (or right as the case usually is) but man youve got some serious word butcher going on there XD

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
What do you guys actually think Ganon would think of you? It's kind of an interesting question.
Considering I'm a generally timid gay man, I'm about the furthest opposite from Ganon you can reasonably get. Obviously I should main... Marth? idk. Except Marth is waaay too straightforward for my liking.

Generally I tend to play characters usually based off of how they play, though I do tend to intentionally decide to play more effeminate characters when I don't know how most characters in a game play. I tend to pick either highly mobile characters who can chase and run away incredibly well, and generally have a good camping game; solid characters who hit like a train, do large amounts of damage and kill incredibly early/easily; or "zoning" characters.

In 64 I play Yoshi. Fits into the highly mobile category.
In Melee I play Young Link, Ganondorf, and Falco. Both fit into the higly mobile category, both have good camping games.
In Brawl I play Dedede (solid/zoning), Ganondorf (solid), Zelda (feminine), Yoshi (mobile), and Lucario (zoning).
In BlazBlue I play(ed) Rachel (zoning), but if Tager ends up being higher than Tager tier in Extend I'll be playing him (solid) since Rachel got hit hard with the nerfhammer
In Mortal Kombat... etc.

I tend to gravitate generally towards the same types of characters in games, not because I'm similar to a character.

dont fret so much, the last guy we had here who had that in his icon told us that ganondorf should go offstage against samus and that his d-smash was good. past exp and all that Xd
allthough some people jsut naturalyl talk with a colourful vocabulary due to their upbringing, i live on the worlds biggest farm so yeah, my vocab isnt so hgood XD
That was me trolling about going offstage against Samus, actually.

BUT YEAH, DOWNSMASH. 2GUD.

Especially in a metagame where people SSDI a perfectly spaced Zelda FSmash as Icies and grab her.

Seriously though Dre, if you don't like us, you can, y'know, stop posting. You will not be missed.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I should ban Breezy for eternity for that.

Also:

USmash. :ganondorf:

I plan on doing the whole moveset soon. The toughest is gonna be UAir, but I'll see if I can't manage it. If I'm not on the boards within the next few days, take that to mean I died trying to do it.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

USmash. :ganondorf:

I plan on doing the whole moveset soon. The toughest is gonna be UAir, but I'll see if I can't manage it. If I'm not on the boards within the next few days, take that to mean I died trying to do it.
lol, awesome Kicking Skillz, Verm.

Uair Halp:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
with all due respect zig, thats unmanly

i call doing the uair, ill take a picture of me clearly donig an u-air and clearly gonig to land on my head shortly afterwards!
infact ill do it anyway, because overhead kicks are the manliest football can get

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i want someone to do a grounded version of wiz foot.....

the WHOLE THING OFF THE GROUND
see now you're jsut daring me
ill even make the purple flames of death
this is a sign that i need to get a hobby other than smash, dont you think?

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
well if you can do the actual thing then i expect it to be nothing less than the real thing.... meaning your going to have to somehow make it that your foot cannot hit something even though it comes into contact with it

in short how the hell will you copy the missing hitbox on the foot

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh **** you all XD

also ex, if i had that much anti matter i would be able to sell it for so much i could simply CG the wizkick, and still have enough left over to buy microsoft :B

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well it doesnt actually explodes, it just anhialates itself and the matter it comes into contact with. which just means they destroy each other particle for particle and turn into nothingness
makes storing it a ***** XD

Xubble

Smash Ace
Put anti matter on foot.
Wizkick an unsuspecting victim with the power of anti matter.
Watch their body turn into nothingness.
????
Profit!!

:troll:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
your mention of mercilessness does not shine true, for your previous quietly spoken demeanour is your true manner!

and you main D3

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ok, let's see who's RRRRLLLYYY the manliest amongst us.

I'll start:

I'm so manly I can command and grow my Chest Hair at will.

Let's see if anyone can beat that.

Top Bottom