• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Future of Samus: THE LEDGE

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Samus' frames off the ledge are actually pretty ****. Any and every opponent has the advantage when samus is on the ledge, if they have good spacing. Xyro show us some replays where your ledge game is too awesome pls.
please locate the nearest butcher knife and ram it in your eye. You dont know what you are talking about.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
How crude.
correction
How rude.

Crude might be Xyro when he wakes up......
please locate the nearest butcher knife and ram it in your eye. You dont know what you are talking about.
LOL!
If I didn't already have a sig I would steal this! It might just be my next sig!

Anyways, I actually want to see some vids of this.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
No actually, I meant crude. His comment lacked any finesse or subtlety to it. Rather, his comment was blunt and tact.

I don't think a comment like that can get any more blatant than Xyro telling him to blind himself for his "ignorance."

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad I made a lasting impression on Samus' metagame but i never wanted it to come to this. I really hope Samus mains don't decide to play 100% this way and try to fix how fail brawl is by making Samus fail...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Tried staying out of this, but failed. Partly because I saw how some of it might've been true(ledge camped the crap out of the last half of a match with a ZSS I played recently, thought for sure I was gonna lose until I did), and partly because I was busy lolingstaying away from the SheikvsSamus arguments.

I'll agree that having a solid ledge game is necessary for having a Samus that doesn't plan on losing all the time, but it is no definitive answer to advancing her metagame or win. People'll either catch on to it, stalling rules will be called/enforced, or they'll only be inclined to pick characters that could still **** her up/MK.

The only reason I see it working is because people don't know how to do anything/the match up, or get pissed off by it to the point they rage.

Not to say anything to Xyro, though. If it works, it works. But saying that this is the only way for Samus to ever be viable is making me :urg:face

I'm glad I made a lasting impression on Samus' metagame but i never wanted it to come to this. I really hope Samus mains don't decide to play 100% this way and try to fix how fail brawl is by making Samus fail...
That was put perfectly. That's the sort of attitude we all need.

Guys, either we play like this, or we don't, it will never guarantee us a win, it will never guarantee us a loss.

@IsmaR, brilliantly put aswell.

Tudor for best Samus

Xyro77

i never said this is going to make her the best character in the game or even raise her on the tier list. What i have givin you guys(and if u do it right) will instantly get you more wins. I already told you the characters that can stop it(gw/pit/meta....maybe fox/ucario). The rest cannot and if they try its free damage.

If you are not willing to do what it takes to win with SAMUS, then there is no hope for you. Ismar and several others(who dont even use samus) have tried this ledge stuff and they INSTANTLY did better.

It does not fit undr the "stalling rule" because the game is STILL playable and you can STILL be hurt(though the chances are mega mega slim) and it doesnt work on stages like rainbow cruise or brinstar because you must get off the ledge at some point.

I finally find something that really works( i f-ing 3 stocked kizmet this past weekend) and a bunch of no name samus players ***** about it(get off your *** and make her better if my idea is so bad). Tudor didnt even *****, he just said he didnt like the way samus is heading.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I kinda agree with Xyro. Kinda. I think it's necessary to learn how to effectively plank when needed. I'm not saying get 1% and run though. SuSa talked about mobile camping - camping in more than one place. I kinda feel as though it's the same with samus, but planking when needed.

Edit: Also, I love your new avy IsmaR :D

Hive

Smash Lord
It works great, but its also the most boring tactic ever to use with samus if you are using it the whole game T.T I find being on the ledge cuts mindgames down a lot and focuses the game more on reaction to the other player's position, which, like I said before, its great if you want only to win but pretty horrid if you want to compete. (or prove anything tangible from the match)

edit: to put it bluntly ^^... using this tactic against someone who can't respond to it justifies everytime a DDD has infinited you for a match.

Xyro77

It works great, but its also the most boring tactic ever to use with samus if you are using it the whole game T.T its great if you want only to win but pretty horrid if you want to compete.
now this is correct.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
this might be a wierd thought but is there anyway to prevent people from other threads to look at these strategies, i mean all it takes is someone that does not main with samus to come to this thread and learn all of Samus' new tricks... isnt that like giving the enemy our plan of attack?

is there anyway to make something that only samus mains can access?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
this might be a wierd thought but is there anyway to prevent people from other threads to look at these strategies, i mean all it takes is someone that does not main with samus to come to this thread and learn all of Samus' new tricks... isnt that like giving the enemy our plan of attack?
That's what I do to other boards, it is really helpful to know what you are up against.

And yes it's a boring tactic.

Xyro77

i am very against those. i feel that we should share everything we find. this ledge stuff i posted can be known to any character for all i care. it will not stop samus from doing it

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Falco CG and Laser Camping.

Pit Ledge Camping.

Mk Dair and Tornado Camping and Ledge Planking.

DDD CG/Infinite.

Olimar Pivot Grab and Pikmin Camping.

Snake Nade Camping.

Wario Air Camping.

Game and Watch Bair Camping.

Yeah everyone should not do all of those too.

/ends sarcasm.

I hope you win a tourney soon Xyro.

Xyro77

With as many metas there are, i highly doubt it will happen. I always try though. Put to be fair, its not my problem when people dont take me serious. After all, im pretty much the only samus to do anything anymore.

Hive

Smash Lord
Falco CG and Laser Camping.

Pit Ledge Camping.

Mk Dair and Tornado Camping and Ledge Planking.

DDD CG/Infinite.

Olimar Pivot Grab and Pikmin Camping.

Snake Nade Camping.

Wario Air Camping.

Game and Watch Bair Camping.

Yeah everyone should not do all of those too.

/ends sarcasm.

I hope you win a tourney soon Xyro.
You're missing the point. It doesn't matter at all who does what and how well you do planking the whole match against characters who can't respond to it. And I'm not even saying you shouldn't use the tactic, what i'm saying is that when you do it DOES NOT SHOW SKILL AGAINST SOMEONE, no matter how many char tactics you throw into a list that are highly abusable/easy to use/highly advantageous it doesn't suddenly make it any more indicative of skill. I could teach anyone over the age of 5 to use samus' ledge game in a few days and have them beating falcos in the area, but it doesn't mean anything tangible. Who cares if you win the next tourney by planking? (by somehow not running into snakes/mks/marths who if skilled will destroy you on the ledge) it won't suddenly mean that you are a better player. I've won this way before but its more impressive to see someone take 20th place in a tournament but use her mindgames to their full extent. For example MK Snake, and Marth by themselves take up over 50% of all PRs last time I checked, however, it is a flawed conclusion to think that just because someone plays those characters (and wins more) that they are better players than others. Consequentely placing top 3 in a tourney by planking the whole match won't make you a better player than say Tudor (who I would consider to be the best samus player atm from people who've played samuses). Brawl is probably a more tangible game at middle tiers than at top tiers of play.

The idea of planking has been around since the early stages of samus discussion, its not really anything new... but brawl has to be something more than an artificial feeling of winning. If its not fun and its not competitive what is it?
edit ok i'm done talking about this lol

Xyro77

like i said samus player are sarcastic, arrogant, and are all around crazy
I AM NONE OF THOSE WORDS!

I am a godess and a lesbian.
I am amazing and caring.
I show respect and ask for none in return.
I am nice to each and every person who i meet.
I like long walks on the beach.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Sarcastic? Yes.

Arrogant? Depends.

Crazy? Who isn't these days.

And you don't like long walks on the beach Xyro. You're a Texan. Stop lying to yourself.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
After long hours of winning testing, I have concluded that Samus absolutely rapes the edges of Brinstar. I think IsmaR will agree. And for anyone who says it isn't fun..

G
O FUN YOURSELF. IT'S HELLA FUN.

Xyro77

And you don't like long walks on the beach Xyro. You're a Texan. Stop lying to yourself.
WHAT DO U MEAN?!?!?!?!?! TX HAS BEACHES AND I LIKE BEACHES!!!! I like walking on beaches with the ladies/guys/hamsters.

And yes SG, brinstar is really good cause our fair anduair and whatever gain extended hitboxes. it helpfull. This thread is helping out people, me happy.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Yup and breaking the stage in the middle is top tier. And Zair covers like 4/5 of the stage when you use it through the bottom. And it reaches anyone on the side platforms. And lava works FOR Samus because spike is so easy to combo opponents with it. And UpB goes straight to the top platform like on BF which is useful. Etc etc etc

<3 Brinstar

Top Bottom