• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Future of Samus: THE LEDGE

i cant post videos because i dont have the game....sad face.
oh well, i can only envy the fun you guys are having.
So what's been happening with samus? Oh yeah is this brawl or melee? cuz i think this is brawl, and you know how i feel about brawl! (jk you dont know how i feel because im too scared to diss everyone in this room because im still a little kid)
You love brawl, don't hop along the melee meatriding wagon D:.

You have a beast Samus <3.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
Tudor are you still attending tournies? If you have any replays, I'm more than willing to upload them for you, just pm me.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i looked at the thread title and thought it was a joke

then i read the second paragraph and said holy ****

ya sammy hurts when she ledge camps all day everyday

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Muz i really appreciate it, yah I got a bunch of replays but i'm not posting em anymore lol

Kay after coming back from a recent (somewhat) fest that occured late last month, I can safetly say Xyro has hit this bang on the head, without ANY doubt in my mind.

I have stalled the clock three times, twice on a Diddy, once on a Ness. Matches which I may have lost, I won because they just couldn't touch me, it's such a disgustingly good way to win. When these matches are uploaded, It will be so **** gross <3.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Kay after coming back from a recent (somewhat) fest that occured late last month, I can safetly say Xyro has hit this bang on the head, without ANY doubt in my mind.

I have stalled the clock three times, twice on a Diddy, once on a Ness. Matches which I may have lost, I won because they just couldn't touch me, it's such a disgustingly good way to win. When these matches are uploaded, It will be so **** gross <3.
~ What if stalling is banned?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ah its good to know **** is being used. I dont make this stuff up for laughs. It WORKS

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Yeah they have 50 ledge grab rule in WA, I lost a match because of it xD (I didn't know about it at the time)

Not sure if this has been mentioned but if you have % lead and you get knocked off the level high (because you DI'd like a good boy) take your time getting back on the level / to the ledge. Bomb jumping can really stretch out the amount of time it takes to get back and doesn't use up ledge grabs.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Yeah they have 50 ledge grab rule in WA, I lost a match because of it xD (I didn't know about it at the time)

Not sure if this has been mentioned but if you have % lead and you get knocked off the level high (because you DI'd like a good boy) take your time getting back on the level / to the ledge. Bomb jumping can really stretch out the amount of time it takes to get back and doesn't use up ledge grabs.
Yeah bomb jumping is pretty useful in that aspect. But not if I'm fighting pit, his arrows are to fast and deal decent enough damage to the point to where I need to go fight him.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Use U-air to block out the arrows when offstage, or Z-air if you're not near the ledge. Neutral B and jabs work, but are slow and hard to time respectively.

Xyro77

on top of that, pick stages like BF or SV or delphino and run the time. There are SO many ways around the LGL.

Xyro77

With norfair and green greens legal, a WHOLE new box of worms is opened for samus. SOOOO GOOD!

Muz

Smash Apprentice
That was some amazing DI Winnar! Did you also smash DI the attack, along with teching against the ground? This could actually be pretty useful in other situations to really increase samus's survivability

Muz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I remember the first time watching that vid by Magus I was quite shocked. I actually used to vs Magus a bit while I was in NJ and he always amazed me.
Good stuff being able to pull that off in an actual mactch!

Top Bottom