• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Full Smash 64 Learning Curve (MASSIVE UPDATES)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
From our games, I'd say 5A is about right for you Pav.

I thought I was a 5C for the longest time, but after trying to learn some AT's and combos in training mode yesterday, I made the awful discovery of being a 5B instead :p

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i'm really okaygo

jajhajahjahajhjajhajha

wut

i have no idea what thing i'm in.
sometimes i'm good sometimes i'm bad

too bad i dropped ssb64 for melee

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I think I'm level 6 with Yoshi.

And level 4 with all the other chars.

100% serious with both those statements.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Well top Falcon players are the matchup i struggle with most. My worst win %'s online are against like (not including Isai):

1). Superboom: Falcon
2). Zenyore: Falcon
3). Every other good falcon (ecartman, s2j, fireblaster etc etc)

Yoshi has no reliable way to approach Falcon.

All I'm saying is I don't really think there is another level my Yoshi could reach.

What do you guys think my Yoshi's level is then?!?!?

killa k

Smash Ace
Yoshi can combo the hell out of falcon if he catches him slippin'. However, Falcon WILL catch Yoshi 1st most of the time, and will **** him with one of the most simple combos =\.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Well top Falcon players are the matchup i struggle with most. My worst win %'s online are against like (not including Isai):

All I'm saying is I don't really think there is another level my Yoshi could reach.

From what I seen in those matches, your yoshi was either an average yoshi at times and turned a TAS yoshi at some moments in the match. So its the consistency?

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I think I'm level 6 with Yoshi.

And level 4 with all the other chars.

100% serious with both those statements.

Yoshi = 5C
Fox = 5B

Some of your other characters from what I seen are like 5A/4.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Needs more EU smash , I'm tired being kicked out of rooms because I got 125ms , never gonna reach 5B like that -_-
U only need to join our european ssb online community, weird how i never seen you smashing around europe o_O

SheerMadness

Smash Master
From what I seen in those matches, your yoshi was either an average yoshi at times and turned a TAS yoshi at some moments in the match. So its the consistency?
Well I am human. No one can be perfectly consistent, especially with the kind of thing you're talking about.

No I can't parry your approach, break your shield after the parry, then 0-death combo you every stock. Nobody in the world can do that. Yah I pull **** like that off occasionally but its pritty unreal to expect stuff like every stock, from me or anyone else. So I don't think thats a great example of me needing to be more consistent. :)

Skrlx

Smash Champion

i dunno about you but your yoshi suffers against mario
you can only parry his dair for oh so long

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
sheer wat do u think about fighting FOX

i am hammerheart

and i was wondering if u tink i play u kno, annoying

AND IF SO I WILL STOP

D

Deleted member

His Yoshi is definitely great, the only parrying Yoshi in FAKE smash

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah just like that haha. Thats why Nixxon thinks I go from average to TAS yoshi because I get lucky and pull **** some **** off like that occasionally. :) But not even the best Yoshi hands down Prince, himself, can pull that **** off every stock!

HAMMERHEART u definitely know how to fight my Yoshi. Prolly top 2/3 most difficult Foxes I've played against. Most Foxes don't really understand how to play against my Yoshi I think, so don't tell them how.

Yoshi Wrath sometimes I'll get stubborn and try to sit there and parry drills but for the most part I've learned to avoid them over the past 3/4 years.

Top Bottom