• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Video & Critique Thread - READ OP.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
wow...
so much done right and so much done wrong
i think it was just a matter of joe wanting to have fun and be flashy. i kno for a fact if he could have won that if he camped more not try gimping

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
oh yeah lol that set, they were fun,kalm is pretty good.....and yeah i didnt camp cause i didnt wanna win that way in a small azz MM, thanks for help i will work on my amazingly bad di xD

Jenkins

Smash Lord
ganondorf is actually really hard to win against if you dont camp.

fox can **** him, but once you mess up and ganon starts on his flow, there goes your stock.

its hard to believe, but ganon can be a difficult opponent for fox without camping.

but if you use marth, however, LOL, game over ganondorf.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
yuss i did, sam is a beast for winning that game after getting hit by the box,i woulda cried and left

*CT*

Smash Lord
Woah woah woah, I learned some good stuff today.

EDIT: Hm, I never liked watching videos of matches, but I just enjoyed that Panama one.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Woah woah woah, I learned some good stuff today.

EDIT: Hm, I never liked watching videos of matches, but I just enjoyed that Panama one.
WHY would you ever name yourself after a s***ty state? :bee:

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i think we should do a marth board lulzlulzluzlzulzuzluz!~!~!~! raid, just like the pikachu one :D

*CT*

Smash Lord
WHY would you ever name yourself after a s***ty state? :bee:
Brah not my fault that those are my initials for my real name x.x I didn't think of putting up a better gamer tag. I could always convert to Envy or Hiko those sound so much better :dizzy:

EDIT: I totally forgot CT was a state btw x.x

Jenkins

Smash Lord
every thread in the fox boards should just be renamed "luzluzluzluzluzlzu!~!!~!~"

DaomarIsBear

Smash Journeyman
First round, why the hell didn't that Fox DI out of your edge jabs, or rising Fair for that matter. Also, no one can really critique on the match up specifically, seeing as you both are playing the match up incorrectly.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
ok so a few things :

overall ive noticed that your fox is a bit slow :/ i think the problem is is that you dont move too much. As fox you dont ever really want to be standing still. walking aswell isnt very usefull.when you get your speed up it will make your play style alot better.

Refine your skills.your probly trying to learn too many things at once. so go over one thing at a time and learn it as well as you can.refine every aspect of the game( i.e. your defensive and offensive moves)

dont use drill high up in the air when coming down to an opponent nit is very predictable and easy to punish. nair is better if you do want to come from that high up.

when hit off screen up air cancels the most knock back

when you get the hang of things start implementing more grabs.shield grabs are amazing.pivot/boost pivots will suprise your opponent.

block more!

theres more but ive gota go, good luck :p

Lightning93

Smash Champion
walking aswell isnt very usefull
This is the only thing I would have to disagree with. Fox is a very versatile character, and players like Moon-Doggie have been able to use walking to mindgame the opponent. The reason being is that Fox can stop almost instantly while walking, then immediately PWG in any direction. Also, all characters can smash (even Dsmash) out of a walk, and like Marth users, be sure to use this to your advantage as well.
and remember, its wifi, so shut the **** up about your whale *******
LOL whale *******! Don't make Uzi bring up the pictures again!

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
This is the only thing I would have to disagree with. Fox is a very versatile character, and players like Moon-Doggie have been able to use walking to mindgame the opponent. The reason being is that Fox can stop almost instantly while walking, then immediately PWG in any direction. Also, all characters can smash (even Dsmash) out of a walk, and like Marth users, be sure to use this to your advantage as well.

LOL whale *******! Don't make Uzi bring up the pictures again!
yeah i know walking can be useful, i was gonna mention that but i was in a rush

and the way he was walking wasnt effective IMO

Sukai

Smash Champion
*dusts off Fox knowledge*

Okay, where do I start?
Does it stand to say, Iblis that your Fox looks very stiff? There are time where you just stand there and your moves are choreographed because of it, makes you easy to predict, not as good as when we first fought each other waay back, where you were fluid with your moves, making it hard to know what to do next against you.
That Marth wasn't very good, as marth has a 0-25 cg on Fox, with a tipped forward smash to chase. His spacing was okay, but his pokes needed work. Also, he didn't capitalize on Marth's edge guarding game as well as he could.

A few things you should work on.
First keep moving, Fox is a fast character, do fast things, run, short hops, anything. When you're just standing there, your Fox looks sporadic and jumpy.

Learn more mix ups. You were doing the same thing a lot, which didn't compliment your predictability very well. But I can understand that it's vs Marth, so your options were limited to an extent, but you could have done something different.

Practice your JC Up smash OoS, I see many situations where that would have shut Marth's *** up, especially during his Dancing Blade. On the note of Up smash.

Use it more early %s on.
It good damage and since you're doing it early, you'll more than likely get rid of it's stale negation with other attacks to killing percentage, and perhaps even get a fresh bonus for that extra stretch.

Finally, try and grow accustomed to instant shielding. For obvious reasons, that'll help you a lot in this match up more so than it would others.

As for ZSS (Which you named Fox vs Marth 2 by the way), your stiffness bit you in the *** here, your opponent seemed to have hit you a lot where you just be dancing like a hopped up rodent. You also didn't camp in this match as much as you should, you always just dived in there. ZSS doesn't have good approaches, so camping was going to do some good here.
ZSS' crouch camping would only have helped her more so than it would oppose you, plus you still have the advanntage.
Again, JC Up smash OoS would have saved a lot of trouble, especially when he was spamming down smash.

ZSS has poor recovery options, use that to capitalize on Fox's edge guarding, a good ZSS will never attempt a recovery below the stage, force her.

Still, the biggest issue if you fluidity, work on that first.

Zelda...don't know what to say here.
Camp more, much more, you ran into a lot of damage willingly. Zelda isn't an approaching character, Zelda is a bait, poke and punish kind of girl, camping would put you in an advantageous position.
Zelda also does not have that good of an edge guarding game, which perplexes me to why she kept you at bay for so long. You (and Iblis for that matter) need to go back to basics with recovery, Fox copters are cute, but shine stalling would have helped more, I've seen you do it a few times, which is nice, but do it more.

Learn to SDI better, Zelda is made of multihitters, try to save yourself some damage by mashing out, especially her up smash.

Do more neutral airs (you too Iblis).

Jenks, your biggest issue is that you don't camp, which always seem to come back and bite you in the ***. At least camp a little. Like I said to Ibis, try for an early Up smash, camping will help fresh this move out, as well as down airs.

For Peach, don't know, your friend doesn't play a noteworthy Peach, so the best advice I can give you is to not be on the ground so much. Peach's air to ground game is way better than her air to air game, you at least stand a chance up with her. Camp more, those first few seconds were a joke, so I'm even not counting that.

Try and upload some offline matches, since you want critique, it'd be best for us to observe you at your best, so we'll know what your real high and low points are, as with wifi, those points are clouded with lag johns.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
yeah i know walking can be useful, i was gonna mention that but i was in a rush

and the way he was walking wasnt effective IMO
Yeah, I see what you're talking about. I remember playing Iblis and he would not use walking very effectively.

And @ Knux, I don't think you can SDI out of Zelda's up-smash unless you're a superhuman. You may be able to avoid a few hits or so if that's what you mean (which I think you do.)

Sukai

Smash Champion
And @ Knux, I don't think you can SDI out of Zelda's up-smash unless you're a superhuman. You may be able to avoid a few hits or so if that's what you mean (which I think you do.)
Specifically, Fox cannot, but if you're lucky you can avoid the last launching hit.

Top Bottom