• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Football Thread

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol HBK. EFF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JK.

Phins WILL win the division.

And Favre has two fractures in his ankle? Man, I guarantee he will finish the season with his streak still going.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
From what I read on a doctor's opinion on Favre's injury...it's really treated like a sprained ankle, but lasts longer. Meaning the fracture isn't too severe "Oh my gosh, I can't believe he's playing on that" thing. It's possible to grind it out, but again, what's better for the team?

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Favre is. I still think he's the best option for them. And while his injury may not be serious, he is playing FOOTBALL on it. I have legitimate respect for his game and that streak he's got.

However, preserving the streak at the team's expense is not worth it. I just happen to think injured Favre is their best bet.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Woot Woot the Lions won! They are a better team this year. I wonder though, why did Mcnabb get benched. Clearly Grossman wasn't going to do anything spectacular. McNabb is a great QB and he could have pulled Washington back.

Raiders are playing dominantly. Looking forward to the KC/Oakland game next week.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
bump...

haha the Jets get it done again...come through in the clutch for the third week in a row. Where yall teams at now...LOL Texans blow so hard...you aint winning that division for ****. jus go crawl back into your holes and look forward to next season. In the meantime have fun watching us in the postseason.

Same goes to all those Miami fans who thought they were winning the division. Good luck with your thrid string QB...I sware chad pennington was a curse, Im glad you guys have em now though. Bleedin Green andwhite right now

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I second that Sanchez isn't going to do that. He's really playing calm, and it's impressive.

Turkey and Football. My life is whole right now.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Yea Peeze is a hater lol. I think hes a Vikings fan iirc? If so he should really be worrying if Moses can produce for him on the field anymore.

Anyway that Sophmore slump doesnt seem to be affecting Sanchez. Im pretty confident they'll be able to handle the Bengals, but New England is playing really well as much as I hate to admit it so we gotta keep up. Should make for an exciting run in our division down the stretch especially since we play them next Monday (12/6). Neither schedule looks super hard though so we'll see.

As good as I believe the Jets are I dnt think theres one team in the NFL who looks like a clear cut favorite to win it all. I think alotta teams have a shot. Thoughts?

Peeze

Smash Master
Yea Peeze is a hater lol. I think hes a Vikings fan iirc? If so he should really be worrying if Moses can produce for him on the field anymore.

Anyway that Sophmore slump doesnt seem to be affecting Sanchez. Im pretty confident they'll be able to handle the Bengals, but New England is playing really well as much as I hate to admit it so we gotta keep up. Should make for an exciting run in our division down the stretch especially since we play them next Monday (12/6). Neither schedule looks super hard though so we'll see.

As good as I believe the Jets are I dnt think theres one team in the NFL who looks like a clear cut favorite to win it all. I think alotta teams have a shot. Thoughts?
SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!

Mark my words, Sanchez will crack this season. Maybe next Monday night Belichick will get into his head.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
yea their 9-2 now.

even if he does crack for one game no big deal. He's not going to though. He has been heavily coached this season to avoid throwing picks at all costs because that was his biggest problem last year.

and they already blew out the pats so gtfo

jets are legit this year. deal with it.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Sanchez did throw 3 picks, but you can't blame him for 45 points. That was a failed effort across the board.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's December...Sanchez is a Cali dude or...he's the next Romo, but worse. Can't perform in December.

For the first time, I'm going to be embarrassed if my 49ers make the playoffs -_-.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm so looking forward to the games this weekend. The Playoff picture will definately be more interesting. Will the Colts find a way to get back to their winnng ways or will the Jags get them while they're down while being on the rise? That 59 yard FG months ago could be the difference maker overall in the playoff race in this division. Awsome!

I love NFC/AFC matchups. Saints and Ravens will be interesting. Not sure about Packers and Patriots. Will Rogers end up playing?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Second concussion this season...doubt it. Though the hit didn't look so bad to me...might've gotten worse since he got sacked the ensuing play.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Nah, the hit looked kind of tame, but the effects were immediately obvious. He got his bell rung, and it's smart to keep him out for at least one game in my opinion.

As for Sanchez: He's only had 5 turnovers in 2 games. It's not some catastrophic meltdown, chill out. Sure, it's a bad stretch, but the team's got some real issues that have nothing to do with their solid, improved from last year QB.

They passed 44 times against Miami. That's NOT the Jets offense, and that's not Sanchez's game.
More passing attempts might explain how he got sacked 6 times, but 6 is waaay too many sacks to give up. The O-Line had some problems. Honestly, getting sacked 6 times and only having 2 turnovers is a small miracle.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's the greatest young QB out there, I'm just saying that despite these two bad games, his season is amazingly better than his rookie one was. Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco had pretty awful second years, so his ability to remain constant despite the newfound respect defenses are paying him is impressive.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Still...Sanchez has Holmes, Edwards and Cotchery to throw too. Heck, even Dustin Keller is putting up solid numbers. Matt Ryan did regress his second year, but in Flacco's defense...his best receiver was an 90 year old Mason.

Nevertheless, Sanchez is struggling when it matters most...December.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
He passed the test last year LOL. I'm just annoyed how it took Jason Garret to whip these guys into shape after they got too relaxed around Wade. I've always been for hard *** coaches, and this is why. Hopefully Garrett is the medium. That O-line magically got good and can protect Kitna lol. On the downside, Roy Williams magically got good, and Miles Austin got worse lol. It's the Detroit connection.

cjugs

Smash Ace
probably that sweeps the giants and the division is a joke. (record wise.) So i'm sure u have all talked about this to death but with brett favre looking miserable think he will return for another year? I think even though he is old if he still feels like he can play he should because just when a player has a bad year he doesn't always think oh i'm to old for this. AND WTF IS UP WITH REFS?!?!?! THEY SUCK ALL THE TIME!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No, he's done. Brett Favre needs to retire and live on his ranch. It doesn't help that he always skips all of training camp. No chemistry to develop with players. Not conditioned to endure the season. Plus, I'm sick and tired of ESPN talking about him.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Lol my boy peeze stays hating...at least your consistent. I definitly wanted a first round matchup with KC. Even though Indy hasnt played that great this year they still have Manning so we'll see. A nice little rematch from last year.

As a Jets fan Im hoping for a Jets-Eagles superbowl

Realitiscally though I think Ravens-??Falcons?? I think anyone could come out the NFC but yea Ima go with that.

And for the Seahawks...lol dnt count them out vs the Saints though, Saints have to trave to an outdoor stadium where its hella cold. I still expect the Saints to win though but wouldnt be shocked if they lost *shrug*

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ravens are an enigma...one game they can shut you down and score points on you...next game they just look average.

Assuming it snows in Patriot land...Patriots are the master of the snow this season so...tough road for any team that goes there. Frankly, only Pittsburgh and Baltimore have a chance to play in those conditions.

NFC...Atlanta looks real good, but I'm not counting the champs out yet. Like Baltimore, Eagles defense is up and down.

Superbowl: Pats vs Saints.

Top Bottom