• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Football Thread

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Yeah. I know what you mean, I just feel like it's not always the QB that leads the team. Who led the Bears to the super bowl a few years back, Rex Grossman or Brian Urlacher? Who was the real leader there?

Of course, in this case, Rodgers deserves credit for leading his team there. He just shouldn't have won the MVP.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Fair enough, and I agree on defensive leaders being huge for their team. But I do think MVP is impossible to attribute in a single game.

I just hate people speculating on what might've been, when the only truth is that the Packers are champions. lmao

Peeze

Smash Master
Yeah. I know what you mean, I just feel like it's not always the QB that leads the team. Who led the Bears to the super bowl a few years back, Rex Grossman or Brian Urlacher? Who was the real leader there?

Of course, in this case, Rodgers deserves credit for leading his team there. He just shouldn't have won the MVP.
Just think though, the Packers had 6 dropped passes, three that could've gone for touchdowns. Rodgers did an excellent job against the Steelers. His receivers dropped his stats. That TD pass to Jennings between three defenders showed his prowess.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
As it turns out, Rodgers did better than I thought, with just over 60% of passes completed, 3TDs, and no picks. Still, I think those stats are helped as much by Steeler turnovers than they are hurt by Packer drops.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I wanted TO to be MVP despite the Eagles losing to the Pats. The guy played his heart out despite playing on healing broken ankle.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
Jordy Nelson could have been the Super Bowl MVP had he not dropped the passes that he did. He still performed pretty well, but he dropped a few BIG passes that could have sealed the deal for us (I'm from Wisconsin... so obviously I'm a Packer fan).

I really don't know who else you could give the MVP to in that game besides Rodgers. Jennings had a couple of TDs, but not many yards. I think you have to give it to Aaron. He may not have played his best game, but he did what he needed to do to get us the Super Bowl and was easily our best player.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Yeah most people haven't given Jordy Nelson enough credit. With 9 catches for 140 yards and a touchdown, he was one of the best players for the Packers.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
He was, and I never saw him coming. Big respect for him on the big stage. Those drops were all that stopped him from winning MVP.

tko112

Smash Lord
i know im a little bit late, but these guys are now willing to do anything w/ the lockout being official

so, how long did you guys think the lockout is gonna last?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think there will be a new CBA agreement sometime around training camp/pre-season.

I read how Josh Freeman, QB of the Bucs is trying to organize workouts for his players. What a guy. Now that's a leader.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah, I've been following all of this pretty closely, and all signs point to them reaching an agreement before any real games are played this season.

The owners appear to be the most obstinate, but the Players Union asking rookies to skip the draft? That's a huge blow for their publicity.

Once both sides get done **** measuring, this'll work itself out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well from what I've heard, it's more of a empty threat than anything else in regards to the draft. They are just hoping the Owners blink first, but if they don't, they will let the players attend.

The image I've gotten is that the players union didn't even bother spending too much time at the negotiation's table, mainly because everything they were hearing was more of a rip off and what not, and simply packed their bags and left to file their law suit.

Though it does make me wonder...is the players' union only made of actual football players? I know there are some smart dudes in the NFL, but you figure they wouldn't know THAT much about how to go about business deals.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Players' Union Reps are all former or current NFL players as far as I know, but the ones that are selected to represent them are those with backgrounds or degrees in business. There are some scary smart minds in the NFL. lol

Top Bottom