• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Football Thread

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Man, I don't know about y'all but, I'm psyched up for the upcoming NFL Season. It means alot to me since my two teams are gonna be nasty. The Dolphins and Texans that is. Who are your favorite teams and what are your predictions on the upcoming season?

I'm calling a Dolphins-Redskins Super Bowl.

XACE-K

Smash Master
J-E-T-S. That's whose gonna win.

And Redskins in the Super Bowl!? They got better with McNabb but they aren't as good as other NFC teams.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
My thing is......

Eagles aren't going to have a running game and Kolb isn't gonna be able to carry them on his back in his first season (I rep UH BTW).

Cowboys are the most dramatic team of all time so they are gonna kill themselves sooner or later. If it weren't for that I would say they would win their division. Marion Barber and Felix Jones is an awesome 1-2.

Giants I think they are the team to beat in the NFC East. But, for some reason they start the season off well and then sorta fall off. IF that happens then trust that they will go 8-8.

Redskins are gonna be sick on the offensive end. Mcnabb at QB, Clinton Portis is a thousand yard back if he stays healthy. Santana Moss at wideout, Chris Cooley at tight end. And then you have the kid Malcolm Kelly from the draft a year ago. Time for him to break out. Also, Larry Johnson can prove his worth backing up Clinton.

Their defense has me concerned though with all the B/S.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well Cowboys always have drama around them so I'm not that worried about them.

Giants I see having the same type of season like last year. Be good at the start, and then fall off. Coughlin will be fired once the season is over.

Eagles I can see being good but as you said, their running game won't be great. tbh I want them to do bad because of how the fans mistreated McNabb.

And the Redskins, they'll definitely contend for either the division or a wild card. Their defense will be pretty good under Shanahan IMO and Haynesworth will definitely be pretty good in the 3-4.

Btw Jets, sign Revis already. Agree on something please.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
No, I hate the Jets. Trade Revis to Dolphins or Texans and it's all good.

Yea, I forgot to mention Coach Shanahan. 2-time Super Bowl champ. And, he had John Elway. Donovan McNabb reminds me of Elway in the way they play and the whole losing 100 championship games. Lol I don't know the exact numbers of championship game losses between them. Elway lost like 4 Super Bowls and I don't know how many AFC Championships. McNabb lost 5 NFC Championships and a Super Bowl. So that is at least 10 between the two.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol your welcome.

First off they would never ever make a trade to the Dolphins with a player that good.

Second, Texans would never give up Williams or Cushing. Both 1st round picks and have made significant impacts for us.

3rdly I doubt they will trade him, but if they did they would be wise not to trade him within the conference. I mean it's already tough enough being in the AFC, let alone the East.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I'm shocked that Favre hasn't popped up yet. Oh... dang.

But seriously, how beat up are the Broncos right now? How many more injuries for that squad before the season even starts? How many wins will the Vikings get with #4? How will the Bengals perform with TO and OchoCinco? Why can't I answer my own questions?

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Ravens. Here are my predictions for divisions and wildcards IMO (all "safe" picks):

AFC:
East- Jets
North-Ravens
South-Colts
West- San Diego

Wildcards-Patriots and Texans.

NFC:
East-Cowboys
North- Vikings(with Favre), if not then Packers
South- Saints
West- San Francisco

Wildcards- Falcons and Vikings/Packers (depending on Favre).

Random thoughts (I'm probably going to be wrong...)

MVP- Brees (I hate to fight the Madden Curse..but I think it's about time)
OPOY-Ray Rice?
DPOY- DeMarcus Ware or Patrick Willis
OROY- Dez Bryant
DROY-....Suh?

Chris Johnson will NOT get 2000+ again.
Cutler throws more picks (even he admitted it).
Leinart will be bad.
Matt Moore does ok so that Clausen sits.
Tebow will get to start at one point.
JaMarcus Russell will be in somebody's roster by the end of the season...
First coach to be fired will be...Lovie Smith
First assistant to get HC job...Leslie Frazier?
FAVRE FINALLY RETIRES AFTER THIS SEASON (yeah right....)

That's all I have for now..

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Ravens better win the North, they didnt really lose many key players from last year PLUS they picked up Anquan Boldin to give Flacco yet another decent set of hands to go to. Cincinnati, even though they got Batman and Robin, still seems a bit iffy to me, but I think they will at least get a wild card spot.

Glad to see the Eagles are gonna get last in the NFC East this year :bee:

Sadly my Rams still look mediocre, but with the easy schedule we'll hopefully get 4 or 5 wins.

There's no way that Tebow will start this season. MAYBE next season, but he's Mr. Wildcat for them this year. It's pretty much like his freshman year at Florida, Chris Leak starting with Tebow as the backup/wildcat guy.

:036:

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Ravens. Here are my predictions for divisions and wildcards IMO (all "safe" picks):

AFC:
East- Jets. Dolphins
North-Ravens. Steelers, I'm not worried about the Roethlisberger bull****. I think they will still pull through.
South-Colts. This is iffy because the Texans and Titans are gonna put them in a run for their money.
West- San Diego. You know I agree with this but Kansas City and.....OAKLAND are both extremely better then they were at the start of last year. I expect Broncos to finish last.

Wildcards-Patriots and Texans. Let's be honest, the Patriots suck ***. Brady is overrated. Moss and Belichick don't really give a **** about anything. Where is the defense? Ok, I'm calling Texans and Bengals/Ravens.

NFC:
East-CowboysSkins
North- Vikings(with Favre), if not then PackersAgreed
South- SaintsMadden Curse. Falcons
West- San FranciscoYou know expect the Seahawks to be good this year. But, no where near San Francisco

Wildcards- Falcons and Vikings/Packers (depending on Favre). I agree with the NFC North bid. But, Falcons are gonna win their division. So I am gonna go on a limb and say the Giants.

Random thoughts (I'm probably going to be wrong...)

MVP- Brees (I hate to fight the Madden Curse..but I think it's about time)Manning, Schaub or Palmer. But watch Chad Henne light it up this year.
OPOY-Ray Rice?Brandon Marshall or Andre Johnson
DPOY- DeMarcus Ware or Patrick WillisDarelle Revis
OROY- Dez BryantAre you kidding me? He's gonna blow the team up. I'm gonna say Russel Okung maybe even Colt McCoy.
DROY-....Suh?Gerald McCoy or Eric Berry

Chris Johnson will NOT get 2000+ again.Agreed
Cutler throws more picks (even he admitted it).Agreed
Leinart will be bad.He will be cut at seasons end
Matt Moore does ok so that Clausen sits.I think they are gonna give Clausen a chance anyways. I saw him play last night against the Ravens in the 2nd quarter and he was looking good.
Tebow will get to start at one point.YES!!!!
JaMarcus Russell will be in somebody's roster by the end of the season...Cardinals
First coach to be fired will be...Lovie SmithI'm gonna go out there and say either Andy Reid, Tom Coughlin, Wade Phillips, or most likely Josh Daniels. Lovie is safe.
First assistant to get HC job...Leslie Frazier?Idk
FAVRE FINALLY RETIRES AFTER THIS SEASON (yeah right....)If they win the Super Bowl

That's all I have for now..
You should slap yourself. My answers are in bold.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
It's really dumb that they hype up Favre. The only reason he does this is because he doesn't want to be at training camp. Plain and Simple.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Favre's back at it again.....good
I agree, the Vikings will be a more interesting team. As long as his ankle is fine Minnesota should do alright. They do have a hard schedule for the first 8 weeks, but then again nothing should ever be easy in pro sports.

Looking forward to the season. I wonder if there will be any suprise teams like the Bengals last year that will stack up wins.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
He's only a part of this 'drama' to avoid training camp. Old man is getting old. The reps in preseason can get to a player who's physical state isn't exactly built to take the heat as before. Don't like it? Don't pay attention. His lofting was part strategy, part questioning.

As a Bears fan, I'm just hoping we can somehow get a wildcard spot.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
And you expect sympathy? You'll get none from me, as I fight for my Tys!
Fútbol, end to future flaming.

In american football related news, LeGarrette Blount (yeah, you should know him for his 'actions' in the Oregon vs. Boise State game) punches a teammate during practice, starting a brawl. Titans coach Jeff Fisher claims that this is no big deal, and that this sort of thing has happened before.

So, yeah....

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
**** titans. whatever'll mess them up so that colts take the division again is fine by me.

@nixxon: lemme guess, you're gonna try to get this thread changed too?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
@nixxon: lemme guess, you're gonna try to get this thread changed too?
lol nope

I'll just make a petition to obama so maybe he will fix those names.. j/k

But now that you mention it, changing the name to "american football" wont hurt at all XD

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
lol nope

I'll just make a petition to obama so maybe he will fix those names.. j/k

But now that you mention it, changing the name to "american football" wont hurt at all XD
You might as well give up now. Americans are stubborn, and will not change the name to american football. Baw all you want...
**** titans. whatever'll mess them up so that colts take the division again is fine by me.
By whatever, you mean the Houston Texans, right?

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol. This is the Football thread not the Futbol thread. Sorry for the confusion I am latino myself and talking to my parents about Football and Soccer is a ***** sometimes.

Anyways, Blount is ridiculous. Texans will win the south. And did I not already mention that Favre only puts on a show to skip training camp?

bubbyhoop1

Smash Rookie
I'm going with the Jets for it all. Ladainian Tomlinson will definitly help out with the running, our defense is always good, and I'm just hoping that Sanchez does better than last year. Last year just proves that the jets are getting better.

Celuz4259

Smash Cadet
E-A-G-L-E-S All The Way
But I want McNabb To Destroy The Eagles Though when they play Week 4

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Yeah, speaking of Superbowl predictions I'm going to go with Cowboys vs. Jets.

I'm just going on a hunch though. I haven't followed enough to know who's a beast and who's overrated. Last year I predicted Pittsburgh and San Fransisco and neither team made the playoffs.

So glad the NFL finally begins this Thursday night. Should be a good season. Like TO said in 2007, "Getcha Popcorn Ready"

Top Bottom