• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Party general support thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Captain Syrup and Wario Land in general is so underrated. If only Captain Syrup was the Wario rep everyone was rallying behind because she could bring so much more to the table than any Warioware character in my opinion.
I just want a new Wario Land game.

Wario Land 3 is so good and it is my favorite Wario game.

Maybe they can remake Wario Land 3 and give it the Shake It hand-drawn graphics and animations?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Captain Syrup and Wario Land in general is so underrated. If only Captain Syrup was the Wario rep everyone was rallying behind because she could bring so much more to the table than any Warioware character in my opinion.
Been saying this, everyone is always talking about the lack of Wario Land content in the game but not enough people are pushing for the most prominent character from that series (other than the man himself, obviously). There's no reason why Syrup couldn't happen as a result of a dedicated fan push in the same way K. Rool was revived, I really want to see that movement happen and I'll be at the forefront of it when it does.

With Syrup you have the opportunity to bring definitive Wario Land content without pointlessly shouting at Sakurai to change a unique (and fun!) moveset - considering he has a tendency to stick with his guns and keep characters the way they were already established more or less. I'd like a couple more Wario Land moves on Wario as much as the next guy but yknow, maybe if there was more effort put behind rallying for a new vessel for more Wario Land content that would happen regardless. I think Wario is perfectly fun as is too, so no major issue one way or the other for me.

Also Captain Syrup rocks. Awesome design and the more pirates in Smash the better.

Not to disparage any Warioware characters though because I think a bunch of them would be great too. I wouldn't be disappointed to get say, Mona or Ashley instead of Captain Syrup - but I think Syrup is the best possible option of the bunch.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Talking of Wario, I'm actually shocked we haven't gotten a WarioWare on Switch yet?

Between the motion controls of the Joycons seemingly being perfect for a Smooth Moves type of deal and the accessibility of the console, how it hasn't happened yet is beyond me.

Regarding Syrup; If I recall there was a rumour going around about Wario Land Shake It possibly getting a port to Switch. I'm doubtful but if it turns out to be true that could net Syrup a lot of new fans since Shake It was...surprisingly not a great seller despite launching on the Switch in the midst of it's popularity.

I wonder if that's why Wario Land has been on hiatus since?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I really hate the whole "first parties aren't hype and should be base game picks" mentality, if it's a new character that's good enough for me for the most part.
To me, this mentality can only really apply to current Assist Trophies (Ashley, Takamaru, Waluigi, etc.). What I mean is that they had their chance in the base game and they missed it, so they're not just gonna make them DLC when they're already Assist Trophies to begin with.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
it hasnt been that long since the last one

wario ware
Normally I'd agree with you as three years is barely anything.... but it's WarioWare.

A collection of microgames. Plus Gold, the last entry, was largely a greatest hits game with only a handful of new microgames to it's name.

WarioWare at one point had a new game every one to two years. It slowed down around Game and Wario's development but before that some years even had two WarioWare titles to their name.

We also haven't had a new Rhythm Heaven in a long old time and these two titles are made by the same team.

Usually when WarioWare skipped a year Rhythm Heaven was getting a title but...the last RH title was 2016. Is the series meant to be dead, on hiatus or are we due a new entry?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Normally I'd agree with you as three years is barely anything.... but it's WarioWare.

A collection of microgames. Plus Gold, the last entry, was largely a greatest hits game with only a handful of new microgames to it's name.

WarioWare at one point had a new game every one to two years. It slowed down around Game and Wario's development but before that some years even had two WarioWare titles to their name.

We also haven't had a new Rhythm Heaven in a long old time and these two titles are made by the same team.

Usually when WarioWare skipped a year Rhythm Heaven was getting a title but...the last RH title was 2016. Is the series meant to be dead, on hiatus or are we due a new entry?
that is a good point. But games don’t always stick to release patterns. Not to mention loads of stuff is bound to have been delayed. But a switch rhythm paradise game would be very welcome

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Its a step up from Fighter Pass 1, where we had to wait until the very end. I feel like we're at a stage where people can't seriously dismiss first party characters. I feel like we're in a good position going forward
I've seen some people think this will be it for first parties. Which is ridiculous since Smash's finales aren't where they get all the money from.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Been saying this, everyone is always talking about the lack of Wario Land content in the game but not enough people are pushing for the most prominent character from that series (other than the man himself, obviously). There's no reason why Syrup couldn't happen as a result of a dedicated fan push in the same way K. Rool was revived, I really want to see that movement happen and I'll be at the forefront of it when it does.

With Syrup you have the opportunity to bring definitive Wario Land content without pointlessly shouting at Sakurai to change a unique (and fun!) moveset - considering he has a tendency to stick with his guns and keep characters the way they were already established more or less. I'd like a couple more Wario Land moves on Wario as much as the next guy but yknow, maybe if there was more effort put behind rallying for a new vessel for more Wario Land content that would happen regardless. I think Wario is perfectly fun as is too, so no major issue one way or the other for me.

Also Captain Syrup rocks. Awesome design and the more pirates in Smash the better.

Not to disparage any Warioware characters though because I think a bunch of them would be great too. I wouldn't be disappointed to get say, Mona or Ashley instead of Captain Syrup - but I think Syrup is the best possible option of the bunch.
I'm pretty much the only one who wants The Shake King so I can play as a heavyweight villain that's a freaking Viking.
AAdQ5OAAAPSW.jpg

Oracle Link

Smash Master
well, we got a first party

but it's probably the last 1st party, unfortunately. And good for anyone who wanted Pyra but I was not one of those people

Pyra seems interesting like an interesting character though
I do hate how it seems that Pyra and Mythra have 2 diffrent Movesets which means they now have as many movests as Kirby and zelda and 2 more movesets than Mother and Sonic

Also Bwd and a Zelda Rep should have been in before her espeacily because i think for Casual Bwd and Impa would be more interesting
(and for Kirby zelda fans too of Course)

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I've seen some people think this will be it for first parties. Which is ridiculous since Smash's finales aren't where they get all the money from.
I don't know I just can't see us getting another first party. And it has nothing to do with Smash's finales
I do hate how it seems that Pyra and Mythra have 2 diffrent Movesets which means they now have as many movests as Kirby and zelda and 2 more movesets than Mother and Sonic

Also Bwd and a Zelda Rep should have been in before her espeacily because i think for Casual Bwd and Impa would be more interesting
(and for Kirby zelda fans too of Course)
eh, I feel like Ganondorf's moveset is mostly unique at this point. I've also heard people say only the specials are different between them

Yeah, Bandana Dee and Impa probsbly should've come first but I can see why they did them

Also, just realised that since Pyra & Mythra are officially considered different characters, each with a different number, Xenoblade now has as many fighters as Kirby and Donkey Kong. Weird

Otoad64

Smash Lord
so, I actually am feeling a bit more confident in a First Party, though if we do get one I feel like it will be Garchomp or some other Pokemon

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well it just seems that TPC is pretty much done with the Galar region

especially with how much they're promoting Sinnoh with two whole games, a Sinnoh mon seems quite likely
I don’t think they are. They’ve announced two games set in it that’s it

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Honestly :ultbyleth::ultminmin:ultpyra: were more 1st parties than I was expecting since the start of fighters pass 1 with Joker and Reggie's comments at the Game Awards and just based on Smash 4's DLC newcomers.

So honestly if Pyra/Mythra are the last 1st party newcomers I can't complain. Are their still 1st party characters I'd like to see? Of course, there always will be. Also did these 1st party picks seem kinda promotional? Yeah but thats not necessarily a bad thing considering the 1st party characters we got in the base game.

Overall Im satisfied.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
see I don't even really think it would be to promote the remakes. I think they add a Sinnoh mon for the same reasons the new Sinnoh games even exist
Well the remakes exist cause it’s their turn which doesn’t apply to smash and we have no idea why legends is set in sinnoh

Top Bottom