• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta "The Final Content" [1.1.4] Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Can anyone confirm Luma being invincible to rapid jab? I am trying this with Falco and Luma isn't taking damage.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Roy hasn't had any changes to his damage or running speed.

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
This is what I've noticed so far in training mode for Marth (so no freshness bonus). All tests were done on a 0% Mario.

Nair (Hit 1):
Sour: 3% -> 3.5% (2 sours did 7% to Mario)
Tipper: 4% -> 5%

Fair:
Sour: 7% -> 8%
Tipper: 10% -> 11.5% (2 tippers did 23% to Mario)

Uair:
Sour: 9% -> 9.5% (2 hits did 19% to Mario)
Tipper: 12% -> 13%

Dair:
Meteor: 14% -> 15%
Tipper: 13% -> 14%
Sour: 11% -> 12%

Bair:
Tipper: 12% -> 12.5% (2 tippers did 25% to Mario)

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
The cooldown of Dedede's nair landing feels significantly shorter. Can anyone confirm?
D3's nair has always had rather low landing lag. When I was testing him out I didn't notice any changes, but I wasn't looking too in depth for lack of ti

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I can second the Marth tipper changes. His first tipped nair hit does 5%...didn't it used to do 3%?

Also did GW always have a landing bair hit that does 3%? I know he didn't at launch but

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I can second the Marth tipper changes. His first tipped nair hit does 5%...didn't it used to do 3%?

Also did GW always have a landing bair hit that does 3%? I know he didn't at launch.
No, he's always had a 3% landing hit that has a significantly different launch angle than the aerial hit.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
By the way, if people are testing between 3DS and Wii U, Dreamland seems to be the most accurate stage shared by both versions.

arbustopachon

Smash Journeyman
Can someone test charizard's down throw? It seems to confirm into Uair way easier at around 95% on middleweights.
As i am in the 3ds version i cannot check wether it can be airdodged or not.

It might be placebo, but if it isn't it would be really big.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Something that frame data won't be able to tell like it did for Falco's Up Smash, Greninja's Up Smash still does not interact properly with platforms on 3DS version of Battlefield. Would like someone else with a Wii U to follow up on this as it's strange how Falco's Up Smash was changed in 1.0.8 to only hit with the second hit on Battlefield's lower platforms, but not Greninja's. Consequently, Greninja is left with a frame 12 Up Smash that only does 5%.

Something else that frame data will debunk or prove: Falco's Up Smash may have gotten a slight increase to its knockback. Here's the problem: hazy memory and I used Pit to test Falco's KO percents way back. For the record, I still have the old percents and a full connection from Falco's Up Smash killed Pit at 130% on omega Wily Castle. Note: the KO percent is the lowest percent when the red sparks appear marking it as a kill move. Today's check? 121%. As a two-hit move, the final hit is what matters for the kill and I have that too. The old data says 138% while today, it's 129%. Like I said, the problem is that I don't really remember and since I tested on Pit... yeah...

Actually, I just checked... damn Crashboards... @kenniky found KO percents for Falco before with Mario on the 3DS: http://smashboards.com/threads/kill-percents-on-all-relevant-moves.407089/. kenniky's data for 1.0.8 said that Falco's Up Smash kills at 132% with both hits; today, 1.1.4, it kills at 122%. The last hit was said to kill at 136%; today, 1.1.4, it kills at 130%.

TL;DR: Greninja's Up Smash still doesn't interact with Battlefield's lower platform and Falco's Up Smash knockback increase if confirmed, means Falco's (fully connected) Up Smash ties as his 2nd strongest raw kill move with Bair. If not, then it was always this powerful, but something screwed up... or nobody bothered to check 1.1.0 and onward which frame data would be against... >_>

Also, Little Mac's Smashes might be doing more damage... Angled up (uppercut) and straight (straight or cross) do 20% (fist) and 18% (arm) instead of 19% and 17% and angled down (body hook) is doing 24% instead of 22%; Up Smash is doing 21% sweet and 16%, and Down Smash is doing 13%.

Last edited:

xaviersykora

Smash Rookie
NNID
xaviersykora
If I'm not mistaken, Wii Fit Trainer's back air seems to have a LOT less end lag than it did in 1.1.3.

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
The first hit of toon link's forward smash seems to link more reliably into the second hit now

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I think Link's running speed is faster.
It barely just matches Falco and is almost equivalent to Bowser Jr.'s dashing speed.
I've tested it on Falco, Jr. and Peach, and Link seems to run faster than he did before.

Anyone want to check his stats?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This for sent to me by a smasher on facebook

Mario/Luigi/Doc lost invincibly on Usmash.

Proof:

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Duck Hunt's Down Throw is a combo throw now. Knockback is very noticeably low @ 0%. Up Air true combos at high percent for another example. Pretty sure there are more setups, but DHD boards probably got that covered.
Not true, it's exactly the same. It always registered as a true combo with no DI vs some charccters.

Duck hunt received no notable buffs i can find.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Jeez, I can definitely confirm the duck hunt dthrow buff

Dthrow upair kills ZSS at 115%, confirmed. Welp, there goes his problem killing.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I think Link's running speed is faster.
It barely just matches Falco and is almost equivalent to Bowser Jr.'s dashing speed.
I've tested it on Falco, Jr. and Peach, and Link seems to run faster than he did before.

Anyone want to check his stats?
No
Link still runs slower than Peach and faster than Dedede as always
Get your placebo out of here.

Also @ everyone claiming half a character's moves were buffed by like 1%, you're probably comparing the damage they do fresh to the damage they do in training mode, or getting decimals confused.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Mario's upsmash still has invincibility. If you hit too late you've always clashed because he is not full invincible.

vermillionshift

Smash Rookie
Testing out Bowser right now. I'm not terribly good at reading the hitboxes frame by frame, and obviously please double check in case I am wrong.

-Dash Attack: Damage 11% > 12% (I might be wrong about this, but I remember doing 11 pre-patch)
-Dair (Meteor): Angle changed to 85 region
-Dair: Angle changed to 60 region

That's all I can find that appears to be changed about Bowser. I might be off base, but I'm not finding any different results after nearly an hour of tests.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
This wouldn't include possible end lag or base stat (mobility) changes, but a good basis to believe in at this time!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This for sent to me by a smasher on facebook

Mario/Luigi/Doc lost invincibly on Usmash.

Proof:
Welp... the game lies to us again... "Up Smash Attack – A powerful upward headbutt. Mario's head is invulnerable while performing it. Useful against opponents moving in to attack from above." That's probably going to need to change or has been changed... Weird... Why remove the I-frames? They could have easily stopped it from being spammy by increasing the recovery frames instead. I'm going to assume that Mr. Game & Watch, Rosalina, and Wario kept theirs?

Edit: Never mind.

Last edited:

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
Ness and Roy looks the same. About Luigi, well, he lost upsmash invencibility(?)

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Someone check Link's Jab Attack to see if it's still Frame 7.
And someone please, please, please get some Link datamining? I'd really appreciate if anyone would find changes.

Yikarur

Smash Master
stop repeating the same thing over and over.
They did not lose their invincibility on their upsmashes. Neither of them did.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Jeez, I can definitely confirm the duck hunt dthrow buff

Dthrow upair kills ZSS at 115%, confirmed. Welp, there goes his problem killing.
Are you testing with DI? It always registered as a true combo without DI on ZSS/Sheik/Ryu.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This wouldn't include possible end lag or base stat (mobility) changes, but a good basis to believe in at this time!
Welp, of that list, Falco and Little Mac get a "Yea" from me of having changes; Falco's Up Smash's second hit knockback change and Little Mac's Smashes all gaining +1% except for angled down Side Smash gaining +2%. And yes, I tested these on training mode... I rarely ever fight or use CPUs unless I'm going for trophy unlocks for newly released Smash games. There is potentially another Falco change, but I will blame this from having not played in a while: I think Falco's U-throw and maybe B-throw have him fire his laser a bit faster... Problem is I have no idea how to test this or how the sixriver people tested this. Also, I only have one system. So, take this potential change and probable placebo with a grain of salt.

Yeah... I don't want to sound rude, but that shows almost nothing. Maybe Falco's animation is faster. Maybe Falco's 0.001 faster. We need a comparison like him running next to Ike, Ryu, or something. I swear to god, developers! If you up his running speed from 1.472 to 1.473, I'm going rip down a wall!

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Unless everyone I tested has been changed, Falco's run speed appears to be unchanged in any noticeable way.

Falco (1.472) still runs slower than Ike, Luigi and Lucas (1.5) and is basically identical to Olimar (1.47).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom