• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta "The Final Content" [1.1.4] Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vermillionshift

Smash Rookie
Testing Mac now. I'm sure I'm missing some things but so far noticing...

-Fsmash (Angled up): Damage 19% > 21%
-Usmash: Damage 20% > 21%
-Dsmash: Damage 12% > 13% Angle 30 > 45
-Uthrow: Angle 85 > 80
-Dthrow: Angle 85 > 80

Unsures...
-Fsmash (Angled down): Angle seems to be changed, looks lower than before, this one needs testing.
-Bthrow: Angle 45 > 55-ish

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
Not true, it's exactly the same. It always registered as a true combo with no DI vs some charccters.

Duck hunt received no notable buffs i can find.
yep, these people are spreading misinformation about the dog. back to the shelf with this trash game

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
No changes on the Pits.

*ShinyQuagzire's tweet*

Huh? Oh, I know. ...Yep, Dark Pit got the hitbox increase (inwards BTW) on RJF that Pit got months ago. S'okay, but it doesn't mean anything because it's still terrible.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Hm really, tested the video and compared to my game w/ old patch. Probably placebo

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
So I decided to do a lot of extensive testing to see if Link actually did run faster by comparing him to Bowser Jr. and Peach, and @Ghostbone I have some astonishing results. It actually wasn't placebo, Link's running speed is faster, as it looks like it's almost equivalent to, if not actually equal to, Peach's!

At first I did the "run to the center of FD" thing, and Link always managed to get to the center first. I did this around 8 times, fixed camera and 1/4 speed, so I decided to take a different approach by making a custom stage of two platforms of equal length, two cannons placed parallel to each other with 1/4 speed.

What happened was that Peach got into the cannons first, but before you say anything else, immediately after, when I put the speed to 1, I noticed both characters plopping into the cannons almost immediately one after the other. So what it gets me to thinking to, before we get any confirmation through datamining, is that Link's speed may be around 1.4100 or the sorts, since he seems to be almost as fast as Peach now.

@Nidtendofreak You know, that only confirms characters who have visible changes, but not all the characters can necessarily be deconfirmed as of yet. Give it all time.

FallofBrawl FallofBrawl Hey, can you find a video where Link's running speed is measured, then compare it to the current patch? There are videos around that show it.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Oh, thank God. Knowing this is the last patch, my hair has been standing on end worrying over any potential nerfs. Lord Sakurai has spared us.
There's no confirmation that this is the final balance patch that I've seen...

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
So I decided to do a lot of extensive testing to see if Link actually did run faster by comparing him to Bowser Jr. and Peach, and @Ghostbone I have some astonishing results. It actually wasn't placebo, Link's running speed is faster, as it looks like it's almost equivalent to, if not actually equal to, Peach's!

At first I did the "run to the center of FD" thing, and Link always managed to get to the center first. I did this around 8 times, fixed camera and 1/4 speed, so I decided to take a different approach by making a custom stage of two platforms of equal length, two cannons placed parallel to each other with 1/4 speed.

What happened was that Peach got into the cannons first, but before you say anything else, immediately after, when I put the speed to 1, I noticed both characters plopping into the cannons almost immediately one after the other. So what it gets me to thinking to, before we get any confirmation through datamining, is that Link's speed may be around 1.4100 or the sorts, since he seems to be almost as fast as Peach now.

@Nidtendofreak You know, that only confirms characters who have visible changes, but not all the characters can necessarily be deconfirmed as of yet. Give it all time.

FallofBrawl FallofBrawl Hey, can you find a video where Link's running speed is measured, then compare it to the current patch? There are videos around that show it.
I did the same test. It's placebo. Link is still slightly slower than Peach.

47 Peach 1.4175
48 Link 1.3944
Let's just wait for the numbers... Link looks fairly untouched. Jab 1 still can't cancel, Pivot tilts, bombslides, DThrow, etc. look the same.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Huh? Oh, I know. ...Yep, Dark Pit got the hitbox increase (inwards BTW) on RJF that Pit got months ago. S'okay, but it doesn't mean anything because it's still terrible.
This was the first thing I suspected, but it's unchanged. Pit's still reaches further.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I did the same test. It's placebo. Link is still slightly slower than Peach.

47 Peach 1.4175
48 Link 1.3944
Let's just wait for the numbers... Link looks fairly untouched. Jab 1 still can't cancel, Pivot tilts, bombslides, DThrow, etc. look the same.
Slightly would still mean she'd have some significant lead in the end, but plopping in just one after another in the cannons seems to get to me. We'll have to see like you said.

And I'm still looking for Jab 1's start up.

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
There's no confirmation that this is the final balance patch that I've seen...
Well, there might be no clear indication, but for some reason it seems to be implied. Most importantly, my character must remain untouched. I can't check right now cause i'm in class right now, damn.

HairyPawnch

Smash Rookie
3 patches and nothing for DH. I guess he has something hidden that we have to find that will shoot him through the tiers.

SM Mystic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MagicMissile6969
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
Zelda changes:
Lands as fast as Sheik(?)
Up Air has a larger hitbox

Lucas:
Dthrow had knockback growth of some sort.
Dair seems to connect better than before(without fast falling)(?)
Up Smash cooldown/endlag reduction(?)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No changes on the Pits.

*ShinyQuagzire's tweet*

Are you sure there's no changes to Pit, cause I could've sworn GOs were sped up for him(and some visual effects I've never noticed).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay, the last thing I'll be able to say for now referencing
https://gist.github.com/shinyquagsire23/959d3f09a7bdc3cb89ce

Possible hitbox data changes
this may include partial invincibility or super armor, start up frames and hitbox durations, damage, hitbox sizes, knock back or otherwise

Captain Falcon, Falco, Ike, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Little Mac, Charizard, Lucina, Marth, Dark Pit, Roy, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Zelda

Possible Paramater Changes
this may include action end frames, full body intangibility durations, mobility changes and other 'base stats'

Cloud, Diddy, Falco, Falco, Fox, Kirby, Bowser Jr, Zard, Lucina, Marth, ROB, Rosalina, Toon Link, Wii Fit, Yoshi

Probably / Shouldn't Be Any Changes

Dedede, Donkey Kong, Duck Hunt, Ganondorf, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Mega Man, Mewtwo, Mii Fighters, Mr. G&W, Ness, Olimar, Pacman, Palutena, Peach, Pikachu, Pit, Robin, Samus, Shulk, Sonic, Villager, Wario

[^hopefully no double ups on that one there, that was a quick check list off]

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I know it's obvious, but just in case anyone was wondering...

Ledge snap vulnerability still exists.
"Frame cancelling" is still possible.
Grounded meteors can still be teched during hitlag.
Footstools are still unable to be teched.

Roy
Jab sourspot 5 > 4.5

Dropped
The damage on jab is unchanged. It still does 7.5% sweet and 4.8% sour.

Last edited:

Meshima

Smash Cadet
I confirmed that:
  • Roy's Nair landing lag reduced 13F -> 11F
  • Roy's Fair landing lag reduced 15F -> 13F
  • Roy's Uair landing lag reduced 16F -> 14F
  • Roy's Bair landing lag reduced 19F -> 16F
  • Roy's Dair landing lag reduced 28F -> 23F
Please double-check.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Are you sure there's no changes to Pit, cause I could've sworn GOs were sped up for him(and some visual effects I've never noticed).
Nope, double checked just for ya. For the best if you drop a tag in the social if you think you see something else... But I'm pretty sure that's it.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
It did 5% in 1.1.3. Now it does exactly 4.5
Three jabs shows up as 14% in training mode, which works for 4.8% (14.4%) but not 4.5% (13.5%). Kurogane says that sourspot does 4.8 in 1.1.3.

Last edited:

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616
Possibly placebo since I don't have two systems:

Someone Check zards air speed. There might be a difference there

Last edited:

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
Is it just me, or does Kirby seem to have faster air speed now?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Can somebody please check and see if there's any changes to the knockback and hitboxes on Greninja's aerials? I've been told that his aerials are killing earlier but apparently he wasn't changed so I'd really appreciate some confirmation.

Unresolved

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unresolved
3DS FC
4596-9792-3892
Possibly placebo since I don't have two systems:

Someone Check zards air speed. There might be a difference there
I too feel like Zard's air speed has increased, but sadly I don't have any time to see if it actually has.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I'm doing side by side testing here, I'm about 99% sure that the Marths up tilt has been sped up by several frames. You can actually true combo jab 1 into up tilt at any practical percent above 60 or so now on basically everyone. Its a big difference.

Link has had his fair upgraded on both hits too it seems. Though my 3ds is on the patch before Cloud so I'm not 100% on that one or the next, next being that Ike has more damage on fair and nair.

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
I'm doing side by side testing here, I'm about 99% sure that the Marths up tilt has been sped up by several frames. You can actually true combo jab 1 into up tilt at any practical percent above 60 or so now on basically everyone. Its a big difference.
I'm feeling it too.. my marth is just godlike now.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I confirmed that:
  • Roy's Nair landing lag reduced 13F -> 11F
  • Roy's Fair landing lag reduced 15F -> 13F
  • Roy's Uair landing lag reduced 16F -> 14F
  • Roy's Bair landing lag reduced 19F -> 16F
  • Roy's Dair landing lag reduced 28F -> 23F
Please double-check.
Confirming all of this.

Lavani Lavani

No, inwards. Now there's an arm hitbox. Before you could SDI in and they'd pull a Mac Fsmash and step past. Now, not so much.
There's only been one hitbox on both rapid jab enders up to this point, and the patch that increased the size of Pit's increased it slightly forward and noticeably toward him+vertically. Dark Pit's still lacks the forward range increase, it'd be really odd to me if they'd update it and still have it be different from Pit's.

I can't test SDI on something like that myself, but I'm really skeptical of this change.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I wonder if all of those Shulk listed changes mean they patched off MALLC
:196:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I'm feeling it too.. my marth is just godlike now.
A pointer here: you can true combo jab 1 into up tilt tipper at kill percents on faster fallers like sheik. Omega umbra, kills around 110 or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom