• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Match-Up Index

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
I Agree with scary. If f-tilt is stale it can trap Falcon at any percent. We do get outjab, but we can always shield jab. If Falcon is by a wall we will suffer 140% damage :( Stay away from walls. Sheik will jab you till you are at killing percent.

@teluoborg: you don't want to roll away from the f-tilt, because sheik will f-tilt lock you again :( All he has to do is walk and f-tilt.

Inova~

Smash Rookie
I haven't tested this but supposedly you can (double stick) SDI down then shield Sheik's ftilt lock.
that accedently happened to me , now that you say it it should work with good timing and sdi(cause i always doublestick sdi sheiks ftilt)

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Like mlorenzo said though, if decayed enough, you cannot do anything to avoid leading to a tipper Usmash so my advice is pay attention to how decayed that move is.

Sheik's rapid jab is also very safe in this MU in terms of putting pressure on Falcon at the end of stages. The reason is because it ends quickly, so once you finally go around it, Sheik has a chance to stop it and be ready to defend. And again, like mlorenzo said, if you're against a wall and we jab you, bad stuff. That is all.

Sheik's Utilt is an amazing anti-air move!

If we crouch, we can also avoid or make it difficult to land an aerial.

Just some other little bits of info

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
25 - 75 Vs MK? Rly? That good?

Do you have any shenanigans on him or what?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
AFAIK, we have a grabrelease->upsmash on him

and like, half an approach option (utilt)

Yung Mei

i dont think icee's are that bad

unless they shield grab every single time. which they prolly do, ive never played icee's. well ones that know how to cg anyways :p

Yung Mei

and then theres kakera from japan. japans falcons suck anyways

Yung Mei

we can regrab? what the **** D:<

IIRC, you have to buffer the upsmash.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
You can buffer the Usmash by JCing it but
1-I'm not even sure the first hit is guaranteed because I've never had a human to test it
2-even if the first hit hits it can be SDI'd to avoid the fatal blow

Regrab is legit tho, and I guess someone should test running Nair.

Yung Mei

1-I'm not even sure the first hit is guaranteed because I've never had a human to test it

i played Vato_Break the other day, IIRC, when i played his MK, i did the grab release uSmash twice, once in two different matches. it was wifi, so im maybe 25% sure that at least one hit is guaranteed

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Everything's legit online lol.
If you don't buffer the hyphen smash MK can Uair to stop you. 100% sure.
Someone please test the buffered one.

Yung Mei

there's a tourney in a few days for me, ill ask someone to help me test grab releases on MK then lol

PZ

Smash Lord

First of all w/e said the cf vs mk is 70-30 is a pure idiot or a great troller. Its nearly impossible to get a grab vs a decent or good mk and most of his moves on the ground out minouver ours while in the air it isnt that bad until you get hit by a uair n maybe a aerial nado. Grounded Falcon kick breaks nado, utilt, and falcon punch(imo).

Most of the GRs have to be frame perfect so the list is: nair works on stage, uair run-off stage err... platform w/e, still testing jump cancelled up b, upsmash definetly, falcon kick, and regrab.

I got to admit ICs is pretty tough but thats only cause I havent gotten all my options to camp down correctly. Olimar is just tough since his camping is annoying and hitting him seems tough to me with any lower start up of utilt or lower cool down than dtit but ftilt seems to work well. Aerial game all i got to say is uair.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
If a Falcon wins against an MK, they were either trolling or not playing the match-up at full potential. At a professional level, Falcon should *NEVER* win this match-up, nor should he come close to doing so. Falcon has some stuff on Meta Knight, yes, but a good Meta Knight-- one who isn't spamming random attacks acting like they know what they're doing-- is going to win this with little to no effort.

Meta Knight + patience > Falcon in whichever playstyle he uses.

Falcon is only good at punishing. It's easy to punish spam, but someone who isn't spamming should have no trouble at all. That aside, his Dair demolishes Falcon. He can just burn a jump to space them if necessary so he doesn't get hit, refresh.

Still fun for stroking our egos when we win though. lol

PZ

Smash Lord
If a Falcon wins against an MK, they were either trolling or not playing the match-up at full potential. At a professional level, Falcon should *NEVER* win this match-up, nor should he come close to doing so. Falcon has some stuff on Meta Knight, yes, but a good Meta Knight-- one who isn't spamming random attacks acting like they know what they're doing-- is going to win this with little to no effort.

Meta Knight + patience > Falcon in whichever playstyle he uses.

Falcon is only good at punishing. It's easy to punish spam, but someone who isn't spamming should have no trouble at all. That aside, his Dair demolishes Falcon. He can just burn a jump to space them if necessary so he doesn't get hit, refresh.

Still fun for stroking our egos when we win though. lol
Im always trolling the aib ladder:awesome:

I actually won against a mk like 3 times in a ladder match he kept asking to re-do. I was too nice and kept re-doing until he won. He gave me extra times but he read my trolling and I ended up losing.

If you ever win a match cf vs mk then keep your win:glare:

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
I have test the grab releases in tournaments and it works. The only way they can escape it is if u mess up or if they sdi the upsmash. I only had one person sdi the upsmash but that was only once and i wasn't punish.

Trust me i have test it with every metaknight i have play. If you want a list of the people i have play I'll give it. :D
Oh and uair also works on stage; however, you have to buffer the uair.

And I agree with what Darky said. ^_^

PZ

Smash Lord
If you lose to anyone as Falcon, you need to get better. No johns.
I lose as falcon so yea...im nto johning but some tournament experience is wut i need n some triforce tier(ganon, zelda, link)/ditto experience<.<

So...travel john i am:awesome:

NOTE: I use to play with some1 using tink back in my "idk this game at all and hit randum buttons" days. He would always dsmash me which eventually I learned not to roll so much.

There was this other link/tink user that would own every1 at the site. He was named rookie and he disappeared when the chat/forum site was visited by 007 and DLA.

Killua

Smash Cadet
NNID
kilucru
Everything's legit online lol.
If you don't buffer the hyphen smash MK can Uair to stop you. 100% sure.
Someone please test the buffered one.
If you buffer the hyphen smash ,you do a dash attack so grab release to usmash isn't legit =/

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
If anyone loses to a Falcon, they need to get better.*

Fix'd.

On a more serious note, Meta Knight really shouldn't be losing to Falcon. Other match-ups? Sure, Falcon has an 'okay' chance if the Falcon's player knows what they're doing, but I don't see how a Meta Knight who actually knows the match-up could lose.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Buffered dash that's how.
Buffered dash out of shield, buffered dash out of jab, buffered dash out of landing lag.
Buffered dash everywhere.

Falcon can get into Marth's range, and he can also recover safely.

Etc, it's nowhere near as **** as the MK or the Oli matchup.

Purple

Hi guys!
If anyone loses to a Falcon, they need to get better.*

Fix'd.

On a more serious note, Meta Knight really shouldn't be losing to Falcon. Other match-ups? Sure, Falcon has an 'okay' chance if the Falcon's player knows what they're doing, but I don't see how a Meta Knight who actually knows the match-up could lose.
Well people have this constant perception that knowing the matchup is all that's needed in order to win a match. You have to put the player's intellect into account as well. Knowing the MU but just not being a smart player (or in some cases, not being able to clutch out kills effectively) still can give you bad results.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
how does buffered dash oos beat a -4 move on shield sounds like a free grab imo
I didn't tell you to dash into the **** lol.

And lol @ -4 frame adv.
It's -4 only if you perform it just before landing, so you get hit before performing it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah but marth isn't going to do a non ff fair starting at full height

so at worst its like.. -10 i think if the marth ffs it from a good height... which still beats buffered dash considering shield drop is 7 frames and initial dash is 4 or 5 iirc... and you still have to get to him to use grab/dash attack so he can just dtilt

of just rising full hop fair and be 100% safe lol

or nair for that matter

Top Bottom