• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Match-Up Index

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
Alright thx for the info, yeah Ally is boring and bad IMO compared to others im sure hes god but i dont see it,
Dont get too hyped now but Rebaz might come back to brawl... i play him on wifi like once a week now, the guy is just lazy to go out again lol

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Alright thx for the info, yeah Ally is boring and bad IMO compared to others im sure hes god but i dont see it,
Dont get too hyped now but Rebaz might come back to brawl... i play him on wifi like once a week now, the guy is just lazy to go out again lol
i kinda agree, but you gotta remember he plays carefully compared to most of us whod rather play falcon all flashy and what not.

Tell rebaz i said hi~

Lionman

Smash Champion
Ally is really good with Falcon i wish to meet him someday and have the Falcon ditto of the millenium with my Kamen Rider Joker Texture.

I think at my max power mode i can beat Ally, im a beast in Falcon Dittos, but Top tiers bothers me

But i admire Ally´s Falcon a lot, he is really good and knows what to do.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I had a chance to play Lionman in a Barcelona tournament last Summer.

NO F***** MONEY!

RAGE

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Best use to use D-smash: with your back facing your opponent.

'cause we're cool like that. Also, it's safer.

Either that, or mindgames.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Falcon's Dsmash isn't good, it's just that it's Falcon least bad smash.
It's only moderately safe on shield, if you whiff or get spotdodged prepare to suffer.

Also while we're in the matchup thread, anyone feel like discussing a matchup ? Like, to bring these boards back to life ?

PZ

Smash Lord
Falcon's Dsmash isn't good, it's just that it's Falcon least bad smash.
It's only moderately safe on shield, if you whiff or get spotdodged prepare to suffer.

Also while we're in the matchup thread, anyone feel like discussing a matchup ? Like, to bring these boards back to life ?
wut...these boards was dead compare that to the mewtwo boards<.<

Lionman

Smash Champion
Dsmash isnt a bad smash but you shoudnt spam it like a *****, i usually use it when i want to chase something who is rolling or falling, it usually works, anyways Falcon is an aerial character so you dont need to do dsmash too much

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Walk away to reverse Fsmash has godlike range, but only works when the opponent commits to a move.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I wanted to know something about Match-ups... Who here also has experience against Bowser? Is he even with us or does he have an advantage?

I think it's his advantage, but by such a tiny margin that, heh, it doesn't matter a lot in practice.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I wanted to know something about Match-ups... Who here also has experience against Bowser? Is he even with us or does he have an advantage?

I think it's his advantage, but by such a tiny margin that, heh, it doesn't matter a lot in practice.
I play against Zigsta a lot so I know tons about the MU. I wish I could play against King Kong's Bowser, I hear he's got the best bowser.

I say your correct on your assumption. He only has a tiny advantage but not enough to shake up the MU charts.

Out of shield UpB is probably the only defense move he's got against Captain Falcon's ground assault.

Get bowser in the air and that's where Captain Falcon shines the most really. Upair's punish just about most of his moveset if Bowser does not time it correctly.

I wish he kept the video's I would of posted them by now. His wii is having problems.

My honest opinion is 50/50 against Bowser, an even matchup.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Bowser has 2 things that gives him the advantage : up B (OOS or not) and Side B.
The first can be used to simply punish each of your spacing mistakes because of Falcon's lack of disjoint,
the second is simply too good : aerial side B has great range, no lag and can be jump canceled and ground version is fast enough to be mixed with jabs and GRs.

Other than that yeah Bowser is a good sandbag.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I only asked because I have a friend who is a Bowser main and I honestly don't know if we're supposed to be even. Hell, we coincidentally live next to each other and have even mains, who'd have thunk it? :p

And Bowser's got many things on us too. Surprise grounded downB = free KO for him if you don't SDI. Fair is good too, upair destroys us if timed correctly, f-tilt, FRIGGIN U-TILT, Upsmash (beats aerial falcon kick... lol I'm clumsy), and so forth.

Of course, we have tons of **** on him too. Falcon Dive beats Bowser's DownB, for example. Also, easy knees.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Batou, I'm pretty sure we've never played in singles. :p

That said, definitely 50-50.

:phone:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Batou, I'm pretty sure we've never played in singles. :p

That said, definitely 50-50.

:phone:
Well not tournament wise :D

Is it me or does anyone else have trouble playing against Toon Link? Jerm's TL is just....too weird to play against.

The same goes for Samus...Xyro...our matches are always too damn close.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Toon Link can definitely be a problem, since he's also fast and has many projectiles.

Also, my best stage (Yoshi's Island) is a no-no against him, since he has that annoying AT there :( (Protip: don't go near the ledges when against a knowing TL. You'll get insta-KO'd with a Dsmash)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah TL and Samus are both spamming characters.
I recommend practicing PS, since their projectile game is rather slow to come out.

Also against TL a thing that works a lot when he's recovering : if you go for a ledge drop edge guard and he dodges by passing behind you, just DJ back and RB to the ledge. Raptor boost > TL's upB from behind, it's almost always a free spike.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Also against TL a thing that works a lot when he's recovering : if you go for a ledge drop edge guard and he dodges by passing behind you, just DJ back and RB to the ledge. Raptor boost > TL's upB from behind, it's almost always a free spike.
Good thinking, I'll try that next time I play a Tink.

I think I mentioned earlier that Falcon's RB enables him to dodge high projectiles. I know for a fact it works against Link's zair. I'm not sure about Samus or Tink's zair.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
^lol'd

Also, good thinking on that RB from behind insta-pwning Toon Links, thanks for that teluoborg.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
oh i see how it is.
Pj man....I may have difficulty with Jerm's Toon Link but your Tink is down right scary :)

...that's with the utmost respect right there....you, Jerm and MJG are my favorite Tinks.

Does reverse jumping to a raptor boost spike most characters? I've done my fair share of that, it's surprising an effective tactice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH2zu3zbPS8

Will you guys do team videos for review?

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
Can we discuss the Mario-MU? i feel like i have most problems with him in lowtiers.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Can we discuss the Mario-MU? i feel like i have most problems with him in lowtiers.
Lol I can't talk too much **** about Mario because I lost to one in an MM a few months back.

I feel like I got the MU down really well now, though.

Grab Release -> Uair works if your timing is spot-on and helps a loot.

Good Marios are a ***** with gimping but as long as you're not dumber than they are you'll be able to get around the cape. Up tilt and uair work retardeldly well against Mario - it's not even fair.

Once you figure out his options (especially regarding KOs) it's really easy to zone him out.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
And don't forget to use angle f-tilt too keep Mario away. Don't stay in the ledge, he can f-smash you when the invincibility depletes. Always mix up your recovery and you can turn the up b so if he cape it it will grab him.

Mario spike doesn't work on Falcon we can up b after it and grab him (percentage dependent). Our jab block fire balls and his tilts. Just keep him away and when he gets close jab and grab to reset the situation.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
for recovery, DONT even dare trying to use Raptor boost (UNLESS they are way on the other side of the stage)

Recover with Falcon dive, but try getting underneath the ledge, (dont hold me accountable, just my opinion) and upb its much safer then when youre parallel to the stage

Top Bottom