• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The F-Zero Challenge. (UPDATE)

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Alright, I have made some improvements in my game lately, and I want to test my skill. In lou of this, I Just got to thinking about a fun, very cool idea.

F-Zero Presents:

A Mini-Tournament, for the title of: BEST FALCON IN FLORIDA!!

Derf
Harriettheguy
Sick
Nasty
QDVS
Xyz

WHERE YOU AT??!!

Ok, so here are the rules.

We will have our own little pool, with 3-5 random (but good) smashers. Each one of the C. Falcons who wishes to join will fight each Random Smasher in 3 matches. Whichever two Falcons get the most wins will go HEAD TO HEAD IN A NO HOLDS BARRED CAGE MATCH!!!

(3 out of 5 neutrals only)

IF there is a tie, the 2nd and 3rd highest placers will play in a 3 of 5 set. The winner will fight the highest placer. We can also just use P-stadium, FinalD and Dreamland/Yoshi's Story, like in a crew battle. I don't know if I should allow counterpicking or not.

Obviously, there are flaws, such as:

1. The Random Smashers' characters (tier list)
2. Falcon players vs. random smashers are in same crew
3. Testosterone levels

The selection of the RS'ers will be vital, and perhaps someone who is very familiar with the people at Gigs could help me set this little shindig up.

Sound like a cool/awesome/sick idea?

I thought so.
I'll participate, too, lol.

But it sounds like a good idea to me...

And I think Green Mario should be added. And DaShizWiz.

UPDATE

Alright Guys, FG is coming, and I want to set down some rules for the challenge.

Time

I want all Participants to be at the venue by 11:00!! We will see how many Falcon players are there, and if it's too many the veterans will help me decide who to eliminate. I want to start the challenge at 11:30 THE LATEST.

Random Smasher List:

Angrylobster
Rockcrock
Uuaa
DarkSonic
Raistlin

Keep in mind each Random Smasher will be playing a MININUM of 20 matches, and a maximum of 24. This puts the time needed in perspective. 20 x 5 = 100 matches. 3min (per match) x 100 = 300min. 300min = 5hrs.

This is only if we have 10 Falcons participating. If we have 12 it will be even longer. Please understand I would like all Falcons to participate, but time is a factor here. I have to be at work at 7:00, and leave the venue around 6.

Stages

I think it's only fair that since each Falcon is fighting an opponent two times, and it's not a set, we have neutral stages. Banning is allowed.

Stages are as follows:

Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

Prize

The prize for winning the Best Falcon in Florida Tournament is:

Free Melee Entry to WATO6!

I will have a special "pass" labeled and laminated with hungrybox's approval. This pass will get the holder into melee doubles (one person) and melee singles for free!!

Please report back to me when your matches are finished, so I can get the event running smoothly. Thanks Guise!!

- F-Zero

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Dude im up an ******* falcon all over your face , ya digg?

Put me down please I wanna show the new ****in POLMEX BABY!!! YEA!!!!!!!

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

JYES! JYES!JYES!!!!!!!!!

In 2D

Smash Cadet
Ok Zoro, your not reading the rules.

We will have 3 players. One will play a certain character, not Falcon.
Each of the C. Falcons on the list will fight those 3 players, 3 times.
The C. Falcon who gets the most wins will be the highest placer.
The second highest placer will fight the first highest placer.

IT'S NOT A FALCON DITTO EVENT
IT MAKES SENSE.

I plan on doing this at Gigs, but I need the people who want in on the event to respond. Due to time constraints, I may have to limit the amount of players to 10, though I was thinking to just have 5, but alot of people seem to want in on it.

Just so I am clear, Who wants In?

I only received two official requests. One from QDVS, and the other from polmex.

Reply to this post if you want in.

We will need 10 good Falcon mains, and 3 random players for them to fight against.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Can I be one of the candidates for "three random players" that the Falcons fight against? Since I unfortunately lack any sort of skill with Falcon.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Ok Zoro, your not reading the rules.

We will have 3 players. One will play a certain character, not Falcon.
Each of the C. Falcons on the list will fight those 3 players, 3 times.
The C. Falcon who gets the most wins will be the highest placer.
The second highest placer will fight the first highest placer.

IT'S NOT A FALCON DITTO EVENT
IT MAKES SENSE.

I plan on doing this at Gigs, but I need the people who want in on the event to respond. Due to time constraints, I may have to limit the amount of players to 10, though I was thinking to just have 5, but alot of people seem to want in on it.

Just so I am clear, Who wants In?

I only received two official requests. One from QDVS, and the other from polmex.

Reply to this post if you want in.

We will need 10 good Falcon mains, and 3 random players for them to fight against.
Include me in on this.
My Falcon has all the essentials :]

Top Bottom