• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Elite Four Challenge: Rules and Guidelines!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Uh. Well, I was in a stall war with Ankoku until I legitimately accidentally fast clicked and exited the window. D:

Then again, it's not like that would have changed anything.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
...How do you accidentally exit click when the X is at the top and the moves are at the bottom?

Or did you forfeit?
Nonono, so the Pokemon Online program is pinned to my taskbar, and I guess as I was clicking it to return to the battle (I was viewing a different window), I must have double-clicked and caused the battle window to close.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Inb4 nobody ends the season with a Pokeball because Chill disappears.

Enzo

Smash Lord
Gen v sucks thats why.

No seriously gen v elite four with mono types will be an absolute joke IMO
my team:
ttar , dory , chomp , ditto , shandera , latios.
There you have it.

EDIT- hopefully MK will be ready soon :)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
3-0 only Chill is left.

Honestly this is legitimately easier than I thought it would be at first. I forgot how easy monotype teams are to handle.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
On what I've seen from here, I don't think the E4's teams should be monotype'd, it looks like it kind of takes away from what it takes to gain a postbit or whatever it's called. Of course, I'm far too lazy to participate in this, so I personally couldn't care less.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Smogon already has a banlist and rules and such but no one here will follow them -_-

I saved at submitted the log Wrath
It autosaves, why doesnt everyone have that option enabled. it is by default

i cant wait for season 2 for this. i wonder how we'll switch it up. new types?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
On what I've seen from here, I don't think the E4's teams should be monotype'd, it looks like it kind of takes away from what it takes to gain a postbit or whatever it's called. Of course, I'm far too lazy to participate in this, so I personally couldn't care less.
I kinda agree with Leafy here it seems as if almost everyone is running through you guys, E4 members. Other people are going as far as beating you guys with their own mono-type teams... and one person is using UU teams, but we all know who that is. This is obviously a cakewalk. Am I the only one who sees no fun in that? I might be.

If there's no change in difficulty from one icon to another then this whole thing won't be difficult... just an extremely long and boring quest to reach the Master Ball. I propose a new system where the difficulty increases. But the core system of beating all 4 of you in a row would remain the same. You start with no icon and fight your way up all the way to a Master Ball. Something like this:

For Pokeball- you guys use monotype teams
For Great Ball- only half of your teams are monotype
For Ultra Ball- you guys can craft your own teams with no type restrictions
For Master Ball- something really hard like we can't use items... idk I'm just throwing ideas out there

So that means you guys would have 4 teams in all. One for people w/o the Pokeball icon, one FOR the people with Pokeball icons, one for people with Great Ball icons, and one for people with Ultra Ball icons.

We don't need to use my scenarios for difficulty increases but just some system to gradually make this harder for each postbit icon we get, while keeping the same system we have to get the Pokeball icon. That way it remains fairly easy for everyone to get an icon, but a true test of skill to reach the Master Ball.

Thoughts?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
We are considering a different restriction for our teams if it indeed proves to be too easy to sweep all four of us immediately.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Oh okay good. But if you guys are able to come up with a system that allows for increased difficulty for each icon, that would be perfect.

EDIT: Fuelbi w/ the ninja :\

I'll repeat that the system is fine for the Pokeball. Getting a Pokeball icon shouldn't be too tough. However, getting to a Master Ball should be difficult.

Enzo

Smash Lord
I kinda agree with Leafy here it seems as if almost everyone is running through you guys, E4 members. Other people are going as far as beating you guys with their own mono-type teams... and one person is using UU teams, but we all know who that is. This is obviously a cakewalk. Am I the only one who sees no fun in that? I might be.

If there's no change in difficulty from one icon to another then this whole thing won't be difficult... just an extremely long and boring quest to reach the Master Ball. I propose a new system where the difficulty increases. But the core system of beating all 4 of you in a row would remain the same. You start with no icon and fight your way up all the way to a Master Ball. Something like this:

For Pokeball- you guys use monotype teams
For Great Ball- only half of your teams are monotype
For Ultra Ball- you guys can craft your own teams with no type restrictions
For Master Ball- something really hard like we can't use items... idk I'm just throwing ideas out there

So that means you guys would have 4 teams in all. One for people w/o the Pokeball icon, one FOR the people with Pokeball icons, one for people with Great Ball icons, and one for people with Ultra Ball icons.

We don't need to use my scenarios for difficulty increases but just some system to gradually make this harder for each postbit icon we get, while keeping the same system we have to get the Pokeball icon. That way it remains fairly easy for everyone to get an icon, but a true test of skill to reach the Master Ball.

Thoughts?
I agree with the change in the system for upcoming seasons due to it being too easy

Wrath`

Smash Master
I do agree with TRG difficulty changes, we should do something along those lines.

Masterball could be that the E4 member has one Uber pokemon, as it might be hard to enforce a no items policy.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lucario sucks.

And this system with specific poke ball rounds is garbage. Basically i only have to participate in the master ball round and
BAM I'm a pokemon master.
Lol I'm pretty sure you actually have to clear the E4 for a PokeBall / Great Ball / Ultra Ball in order to get to a Master Ball. Have you paid attention at all? :p

Top Bottom