• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Elite Four Challenge: Rules and Guidelines!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Please do something about it, mods

I mean seriously

do it

please

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If that was me saying that I know I'd get infracted for trolling without forum support being able to reverse them so happy infractions Fuel lol

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It isn't, but that hasn't stopped them before.

So anyways, any news on how long a season's going to be? I'd like to know when I should start preparing for the end of this season/transition to Gen V.

M.K

Level 55
*walks idly by*

*drops bag of badge cases complete from every region*

*picks them up, walks around the corner*

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What's this about playing the easy people first? We're all easy. We're mono-type.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm guessing this is 5th Gen? Damn, looks like I'm going to have to practice before challenging.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why not just play me? I'm 0-2 so far and willing to practically give up games as I use the experience to adjust my team.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think that's how it is. Still locked into mono-type, though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm going to paraphrase Meta-Kirby and let him put in any official words if necessary.
I think we should be able to vary it a bit so that the challengers aren't telling each other what 6 pokemon we have and how to beat us.
[The challengers] can register new teams whenever they want. However, allowing the E4 members a "pool" of Pokemon to choose from prevents challengers from spreading the word about what single Pokemon beats an entire mono-type
I'm not too sure on the policy of completely changing up a type, so you'd have to ask about that.

Enzo

Smash Lord
Don 't get confused though guys, I
Mic said that if us challengers want to change our team, we lose any and all progress we've done so far in the e4.
So say u beat 3 e4 members then decide to change your team, u have to rechallenge and beat all the e4 members u beat with ur previous team

M.K

Level 55
you can have access to any 6 different pokemon that fall into your mono-type at any given time and i can promise you that I could still find single pokemon that would beat your entire team.
Exactly. Which is why we've set it up the way we've done it.

@People asking to challenge me, I'm writing a paper for most of today (Yeah, anyone that's asked me in the last couple of days for anything has heard this, but I'm taking the paper slow)
but I'll be ready to play sometime at night.

Please just hit me up on AIM (MetaKirbeh) or VM me specifically the time you wanna play.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'd say right now, but it looks like the Smogon server is down or something, so you'll have to tell me which server to wait on.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You know what, I'll just idle on the /tr/ocketry server or whatever and if I'm around you can challenge me.

Top Bottom