• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Elite Four Challenge: Rules and Guidelines!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Just leave it as Elite 4 Loli.

We'll all know it's you, and everybody else will wonder what the **** you're doing.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
PR can you please make this simpler and fix your team and if not tell us so we can find a replacement now and not bother with it later

Spire

III
BRoomer
PR, stop being unyielding. If you don't change it, you're being removed. It's that simple.

I don't want it to happen because you're an awesome player, but abide by the rules.

Spire

III
BRoomer
From what I understand (and I haven't seen our E4 teams) PR had a Pokémon that did not possess his selected type at all. I was assuming that dual-types were a-okay. If not, then that's kind of ridiculous. Dual-types should be allowed.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Ok well this at least clears up one thing i was wondering about. The league registration forum up top is visible to all E4 members which means they're capable of seeing any teams registered there. You might want to do that.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
From what I understand (and I haven't seen our E4 teams) PR had a Pokémon that did not possess his selected type at all. I was assuming that dual-types were a-okay. If not, then that's kind of ridiculous. Dual-types should be allowed.
That wasn't even so much what I meant as I meant that e4 don't necessarily stick to their specific type exclusively. Lance had an Aerodactyl and a Gyarados, Bruno had two Onyxes, Lorelei had her Slowbro, and Agatha had two non-Ghosts.

Spire

III
BRoomer
That wasn't even so much what I meant as I meant that e4 don't necessarily stick to their specific type exclusively. Lance had an Aerodactyl and a Gyarados, Bruno had two Onyxes, Lorelei had her Slowbro, and Agatha had two non-Ghosts.
True. I didn't work much with the E4 members on the concept. The in-game E4 members are primarily on concept and secondarily on type. Lance's Pokémon are all dragons, despite not all being Dragon type. I suppose they wanted to stick to the simple principle of monotype, like much of the gym leaders in the games rather than the E4. That's one thing that set the E4 apart from gym leaders: that their Pokémon rosters were built around concepts rather than strict monotyping.

I'm going to speak with the others.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Gen 1 (And to a lesser extent, Gen 2) had pokemon like that due to the lack of types existing. We don't have that problem anymore.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Gen 1 (And to a lesser extent, Gen 2) had pokemon like that due to the lack of types existing. We don't have that problem anymore.
In DP, Aaron has Drapion, Bertha has Sudowoodo, Flint has Steelix, Lopunny, and Drifblim.

Other than that, the only exceptions to the Monotype rule have been Steven clearly being Steel but most of his team is Rock type anyways.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Many lulz were had this day.

On another note, I have no idea who could possibly step in.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Being a good friend of F8AL's I'm pretty sure he has very, very little battling experience so I don't know if he would be up for that.

D

Deleted member

so is there anyone left on the E4 that actually plays or makes this challenging?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Also were slightly changing how you receive the awards. Originally it was you receive an award for each E4 you beat, but it will be for each "season" we do this, you get the first award for beating all 4 Elite 4 members. This is so people can not just create a team that is designed to decimate a single member to get an easy award. Also considering the challenge of the spriting awards (one award per week to a sole winner I believe), this makes more sense.
Oh well, guess I won't even be close to interested in participating in this

All that's left now is for my Monbipom to win :p

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I thought we were going to get some big announcement when the challenges started happening.

So, for the record, has this project opened? =D

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I thought we were going to get some big announcement when the challenges started happening.

So, for the record, has this project opened? =D
That was pretty much what this thread was supposed to be.

So yes, the project has opened.

D

Deleted member

Tony, I challenge you! Let's play sometime in the next few days.

Top Bottom